Covert Operations!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Why the fuck hasn’t she learned the language? You have been there long enough.

You know the reason why.....dyslexia!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Are you and the mrs splitting up 😳

No....I'd alternate between the countries. Realistically she wouldn't go without me anyway.

But the chances of getting into NL in the current circumstances are remote.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You know the reason why.....dyslexia!

Dyslexia makes it slower to learn the language, it doesn’t make it impossible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No....I'd alternate between the countries. Realistically she wouldn't go without me anyway.

But the chances of getting into NL in the current circumstances are remote.

Your plans will have probably settled down into a completely different groove by the time all this shits blown over (or up 😬).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Buckster said:

Dyslexia makes it slower to learn the language, it doesn’t make it impossible.

She can do bits, and can understand reasonably well to a point.

But structuring sentences, verb conjugations, tenses etc are a bridge too far.

I did Latin up to O Level so verb structures in Spanish were no big issue for me.

I also did French as well so that helped too cos there are a lot of similarities.

• Like 3

Just now, XTreme said:

She can do bits, and can understand reasonably well to a point.

But structuring sentences, verb conjugations, tenses etc are a bridge too far.

I did Latin up to O Level so verb structures in Spanish were no big issue for me.

I also did French as well so that helped too cos there are a lot of similarities.

😬 what is verb conjugation? Or should I leave that question until I get to at least page six on book 1? 😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Course why anyone wants to remember- 

Hello my name is Caroline, what is your name, how are you, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

without knowing what the feckin answers are gonna be is beyond me 😂

A husband and wife (he's a Brit and she's Spanish) started a good YouTube channel in recent years......you may find it helpful.

I'm sure it would have been a big help to me when I originally started.

Lightspeed Spanish

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

😬 what is verb conjugation? Or should I leave that question until I get to at least page six on book 1? 😂

I am, you are, he is etc.

• Like 2

I’ve been married to an Italian speaker for over 31 years but I still don’t speak a lot of it.

I understand a lot but they speak in dialect so that makes it harder as I learn all the wrong words 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The French are buggers for this. It follows certain patterns except for the times it doesn't, which seem to be fairly random! And then you get into the tenses, when again, they make it up as they go along! Considering how many shared words there are between French and English it should be easy! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I’ve been married to an Italian speaker for over 31 years but I still don’t speak a lot of it.

I understand a lot but they speak in dialect so that makes it harder as I learn all the wrong words 😁

Sounds like the brothers in My Big Fat Greek Wedding! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tym said:

Tu es une merde tete. I can fuck up any language. Hafa Adai.😆

Tu es is the informal/friends and family, whereas Vous êtes is if it's more formal. Just in case you're interested. 😂😂😂

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

Tu es is the informal/friends and family, whereas Vous êtes is if it's more formal. Just in case you're interested. 😂😂😂

You can try to learn french, wont do you any good in Paris. God knows what they;re saying while spitting cheese samwiché parts out their mouths.

Problem is when you know what they said you know you just wasted your time learning french in the first place.

😆

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Tym said:

You can try to learn french, wont do you any good in Paris. God knows what they;re saying while spitting cheese samwiché parts out their mouths.

Problem is when you know what they said you know you just wasted your time learning french in the first place.

😆

Many French from other regions don't like Parisians. I used to work with a  French guy from Normandie and he hated them! 😂😂😂😂

BTW, this is a good and free translator that's certainly more accurate than Google translate. https://www.deepl.com/translator 😉👍

• Like 2

Trouble is everywhere i go or went people would drather speak english, mostly cause they wanted to practice theirs. Wasnt ever important to learn more then a few fuck yous in other tongues. 😆

6 minutes ago, Tym said:

Trouble is everywhere i go or went people would drather speak english, mostly cause they wanted to practice theirs. Wasnt ever important to learn more then a few fuck yous in other tongues. 😆

I do get that a little bit here, but the majority don't speak English, so I've got to learn French to communicate. Pretty basic at the moment, but I'm working on it. 😉😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tym said:

I have seen groups of Spanish and French having a heated argument,  could not make out most of the conversation, but both side still ended their argument with Fuck You. 😀

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

I have seen groups of Spanish and French having a heated argument,  could not make out most of the conversation, but both side still ended their argument with Fuck You. 😀

Generally the Spanish are not keen on the French.

It goes back many years to when there were a lot of economic migrants who went to France to work on farms and they weren't treated too well apparently.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Generally the Spanish are not keen on the French.

It goes back many years to when there were a lot of economic migrants who went to France to work on farms and they weren't treated too well apparently.

Most nights there was verbal battles ( hotel next door was French owned and nearly 100% French clientel) between the young ones......but never seen it end in actual violence. 

• Like 1