The Bike Decision?

XTreme

10 minutes ago, Six30 said:

look @Richzx6r we've hit a nerve mate.... last bike he tried to kick start he woke up in an abandoned village half a mile away ... the bike was still out side  his house at home.

It says it all if you Casuals think kickstarting a bike is some sort of challenge.

I never used an electric start till I got to my 15th bike.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

As if I've never used kickstarts.....I was brought up using them on Brit bikes! Then numerous Japs (which are easy to kick). :twat:

Even heard of finding TDC, then tickle carbs, then go for it?

No.....thought not!

Tell him @Clive

Ah, the good old days, kick starts, tickling carbs, broken ankles (kickback) bikes pissing out (vertical  split crankcase) more oil than they were using for lubrication.....every ride was a big adventure, good for your health too, cos sometimes the bastids would not start, and you had to push it back home..........better than a work out at the gym.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It says it all if you Casuals think kickstarting a bike is some sort of challenge.

I never used an electric start till I got to my 15th bike.

just means your old , thats all .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Ah, the good old days, kick starts, tickling carbs, broken ankles (kickback) bikes pissing out (vertical  split crankcase) more oil than they were using for lubrication.....every ride was a big adventure, good for your health too, cos sometimes the bastids would not start, and you had to push it back home..........better than a work out at the gym.

stuff of nightmares clive .

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

They got civilised as the years went by my XR has an auto decompressor and an anti kickback mechanism so kick back is a thing of the past  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

cos sometimes the bastids would not start, and you had to push it back home

Oh yeh......I remember it well!

And it was always Brit Shit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I had a (for about 1 year) BSA A10, during that time I may have pushed it as far as I had ridden it. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

As if I've never used kickstarts.....I was brought up using them on Brit bikes! Then numerous Japs (which are easy to kick). :twat:

Even heard of finding TDC, then tickle carbs, then go for it?

No.....thought not!

Tell him @Clive

I know how to kickstart bikes don't worry you're old mind about that

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I look at the old British stuff thinking i wouldn't mind something but i do think myself lucky i didn't start my motorcycling career on that crap :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

someone done a nice conversion to the front end , put upside-down forks on it.

or someone's donc a crap conversion, they've put the forks on upside down...:thud:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I look at the old British stuff thinking i wouldn't mind something but i do think myself lucky i didn't start my motorcycling career on that crap :classic_laugh:

I would not mind having a bike that looks like a old school Brit bike, but a actual  50s/60s bike! Noooooo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Look at this @boboneleg

Taking the piss with the price though!

One thing to remember is if this bike is a mechanically good bike and looked after you will probably be selling it for the same money or more in the future i don't think you would lose money on it 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

One thing to remember is if this bike is a mechanically good bike and looked after you will probably be selling it for the same money or more in the future i don't think you would lose money on it 

I wouldn't go for anything like that now.....it's just too old!

If Suzuki released a new one with FI and Euro 5 compatible I'd be well up for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I wouldn't go for anything like that now.....it's just too old!

If Suzuki released a new one with FI and Euro 5 compatible I'd be well up for that.

well you have more chance of climbing Everest in slippers than that happening so its back to the Mash 650 X ride :littleguy:

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

W800?

I like the look of that new (arriving when?)  BSA, apart from the radiator, looks like it came off of a 60,s Cortina/Anglia.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

well you have more chance of climbing Everest in slippers than that happening so its back to the Mash 650 X ride :littleguy:

Sell a Beemer to buy a Mash? :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

They got civilised as the years went by my XR has an auto decompressor and an anti kickback mechanism so kick back is a thing of the past  

If you need a front wheel , ive got one  for an XR 400 in my shed ,well  im pretty sure its for an XR, been in there for ages . I had an XR with a set of supermotos on it and think fella i bought it off gave me another set of wheels with nobblies on em .  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Six30 said:

If you need a front wheel , ive got one  for an XR 400 in my shed ,well  im pretty sure its for an XR, been in there for ages . I had an XR with a set of supermotos on it and think fella i bought it off gave me another set of wheels with nobblies on em .  

Take some photos lets have a look 👍