Getting Back Out.........

XTreme

........after this incarceration can't come too soon.

I'm looking for new places to visit so I can make the most of it. After all, who knows whether there'll be a second wave coming?

As I mentioned before, I'm taking a shot at that abandoned Sanitorium which is about 100 miles away in the Murcia province. Want to add a few more strange things to the list as well.

So.......what you got planned? 

It goes without saying that we'll expect to see a Ride Report with pics (and a vid if possible) to verify that it did actually happen.

And that includes you as well @Buckster:littleguy:

@Tym @Specs @Pedro @Sir Fallsalot @yen_powell @boboneleg @Catteeclan @Muddy @DangerRuss58 @Skippy

Well, either Wednesday or Thursday I’m riding down to Ericeira for dinner, then home for two or four nights. I am missing my little corner. No amazing pictures because I have posted about most of it already, except a couple just to make jealous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Well, either Wednesday or Thursday I’m riding down to Ericeira for dinner, then home for two or four nights. I am missing my little corner. No amazing pictures because I have posted about most of it already, except a couple just to make jealous.

Post the pics Pedro........it's the nearest these wannabes will get to motorcycling! :classic_laugh:

Caught up with this bloke in his Blue Orange Bird. I just about wheezed past as he showed mercy and kept his finger off the retro-rocket button. :classic_biggrin:190180175_Screenshotfrom13420001.MOV.png.7417626c49a689791471eee71b5c1ca7.png

• Haha 2

Me and Mandi had planned a trip to Dorset and surrounding area. Had to put it on hold but got money back from hotels ok. Would have popped over the the Isle of White as daughter is over there now.
Other than that nothing planned, just gaggin to get out again.
Got the dominator ready for MOT so nipped out on that and filled with fuel. Def wetted the appetite.

It all depends on when I’m let loose, and where will be available for travel. At the moment Norway is beckoning, subject to escape being early enough in the year. Would need to leave early in August if I’m to see the early aurora up north before heading for home. Middle of September last time and I could have been a couple of weeks earlier.

If I go south, travelling back before the snow hits the alpine passes has time constraints. 

But I’m definitely going somewhere!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Specs said:

It all depends on when I’m let loose, and where will be available for travel. At the moment Norway is beckoning, subject to escape being early enough in the year. Would need to leave early in August if I’m to see the early aurora up north before heading for home. Middle of September last time and I could have been a couple of weeks earlier.

If I go south, travelling back before the snow hits the alpine passes has time constraints. 

But I’m definitely going somewhere!

That's what it's all about guys!

If I was in your position I'd be doing the same thing Alan......but my trip would be Poland first, and then across to NL to visit my sons.

• Like 1

Yeah, not sure really. I'll pop up to the sanitorium for a catch up that's for sure but I've decided to sell the Himalayan and have a couple of possible buyers so first thing will be to get the bike sold so I can replace it with something else. The Himalayan is great but I'm just missing the extra oomph of a 650 sized engine. Quite fancy a DR650 but it'll depend on what's available and at what price.

The other thing I'll be doing is getting my TL1000S over here from the UK as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, Skippy said:

Yeah, not sure really. I'll pop up to the sanitarium for a catch up that's for sure but I've decided to sell the Himalayan and have a couple of possible buyers so first thing will be to get the bike sold so I can replace it with something else. The Himalayan is great but I'm just missing the extra oomph of a 650 sized engine. Quite fancy a DR650 but it'll depend on what's available and at what price.

The other thing I'll be doing is getting my TL1000S over here from the UK as soon as possible.

DR650 is a good bike.......but they were never imported after about 96. So very rare.

The one I had in 2010 was a German import to the UK.......then it was imported into Spain.

dr87.jpg.a337a31aea6e1e8991477d6c80935623.jpg

650 Strom is what you want Ray!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, XTreme said:

DR650 is a good bike.......but they were never imported after about 96. So very rare.

The one I had in 2010 was a German import to the UK.......then it was imported into Spain.

dr87.jpg.a337a31aea6e1e8991477d6c80935623.jpg

650 Strom is what you want Ray!

That'll do the job nicely Pete. The 650 VStrom is nice but not what I'm after, a bit heavy off road plus I wouldn't get one for the money I'm looking to spend.

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

That'll do the job nicely Pete. The 650 VStrom is nice but not what I'm after, a bit heavy off road plus I wouldn't get one for the money I'm looking to spend.

Thing is there's very few modern bikes that fit that niche now......only the XT660R.

And generally most early XT's here have had a pretty hard life.

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There are some interesting bikes turning up that cater to my taste this is another i quite like
https://www.ajpmotorcycles.co.uk/models/trail/pr7-adventure-600/

My mate had a test ride on one a while back, apparently it had terrible fuelling .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My mate had a test ride on one a while back, apparently it had terrible fuelling .

I'm going to review it in a few years when there's some fixes and reviews for it, love the look of it wish the Japs would build something like this