Explain this vid to me!

XTreme

Well put together vid of a guy and his mate going on a Camping trip! Wish I could do a vid as good as that!

However, some things disturb me......a lot!

* He's camping in Snowdonia in November!

* It's pissing down!

* It's freezing!

* They leave the bikes at the side of the road, and then go walking across the countryside in miserable fucking weather!

* The roads are wet, narrow, and covered in shit and slippery leaves!

* They're riding Royal Enfields!

* Then he says what great motorcycling that was!

All this goes way over my head.......maybe someone can explain the attraction of this to me?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They committed to doing something on a certain date and felt obliged to stick to it. 
And they’re British, highly skilled in ignoring rain.
Lost count of how many optimistic bbqs have gone ahead in the rain cos its “just a shower” or “only a bit of drizzle” and everyone pretends they’re not getting wet and cold 😂

sad rain GIF by Ana Caro

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to do that
No such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong clothing.
It's about scenery, adventure and kudos

Yes, camping and eating tinned breakfast wears thin pretty quickly but with experience you stop eating that shit, take the proper gear and cook up your own eggs and bacon
They're riding through woodlands and terrain that dates back to the ice age, the feeling of being in places like that is unique, calming and inspiring

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Last time I rode to North Wales I refused to take any main road, it was pissing down all the way and it took me 6 hours 🙂
Coming back over the mountains in gale force winds was an interesting experience, bike at 25 degrees tilt (no kidding) and the rain coming up vertically into my helmet, shitting my pants getting thrown all over the road, they're memories and stories to tell later in life, I can't remember the rides where it was all pleasant and nothing interesting happened

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Last time I rode to North Wales I refused to take any main road, it was pissing down all the way and it took me 6 hours 🙂
Coming back over the mountains in gale force winds was an interesting experience, bike at 25 degrees tilt (no kidding) and the rain coming up vertically into my helmet, shitting my pants getting thrown all over the road, they're memories and stories to tell later in life, I can't remember the rides where it was all pleasant and nothing interesting happened

But there's no bigger thrill than nearly being taken out by a bunch of peacocks Terry! :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Sounds exactly like our experience coming home from the Dragon Rally last time.  I never thought I'd see a Honda CRF1000L loaded with camping gear get blown clean off it's stand but it happened to my mates bike  🤪

• Like 3

You know what the answers here show?

Basically we all ride bikes.......but what we enjoy doing on bikes is very different.

This is what I've got against organised group rides.......you all go to some godforsaken place for no reason and no purpose. And it's one big race there and back, based on my experiences in the 70's.

Might appeal to some, but not to everybody. Simply because you're riding somebody else's ride not your own. And you're riding at somebody else's pace not your own. It's no longer your ride!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the best person I've found since the 70's in terms of a good fit for me to go riding with is @Renegade

FILE426.JPG.e00370d34bb6fb0cae154a39d8f24a0c.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

You know what the answers here show?

Basically we all ride bikes.......but what we enjoy doing on bikes is very different.

This is what I've got against organised group rides.......you all go to some godforsaken place for no reason and no purpose. And it's one big race there and back, based on my experiences in the 70's.

Might appeal to some, but not to everybody. Simply because you're riding somebody else's ride not your own. And you're riding at somebody else's pace not your own. It's no longer your ride!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the best person I've found since the 70's in terms of a good fit for me to go riding with is @Renegade

FILE426.JPG.e00370d34bb6fb0cae154a39d8f24a0c.JPG

I can assure you that going to the Dragon Rally is nothing like you’ve described 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I can assure you that going to the Dragon Rally is nothing like you’ve described 😂

Spending a few days in a field full of mud, in the pissing rain, and shivering in sub zero temperatures isn't really my idea of a good time Bob!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Spending a few days in a field full of mud, in the pissing rain, and shivering in sub zero temperatures isn't really my idea of a good time Bob!

Yes but it's the challange of getting there in adverse conditions,  then putting your tent up, getting pissed and trying not to fall in the mud :classic_laugh:

You also meet all sorts of weird feckers, some of them are even weirder than peeps on here 🤔

crossley099.jpg.0a4d6e19d9444ef4a4138676dc112028.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, XTreme said:

Well put together vid of a guy and his mate going on a Camping trip! Wish I could do a vid as good as that!

However, some things disturb me......a lot!

* He's camping in Snowdonia in November!

* It's pissing down!

* It's freezing!

* They leave the bikes at the side of the road, and then go walking across the countryside in miserable fucking weather!

* The roads are wet, narrow, and covered in shit and slippery leaves!

* They're riding Royal Enfields!

* Then he says what great motorcycling that was!

All this goes way over my head.......maybe someone can explain the attraction of this to me?

I managed to drop my bike on that slope on the right of where they stop at 11minutes. I stopped, couldn't get grip turning sound and managed to gently put it down on the grass.

A great spot before the camper van brigade discovered that the bloody council had put a car park there. It was bloody heaving when I dropped the bike.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I have no idea why someone would do that sort of thing ?  What you say @Sir Fallsalot

They're Ingerlisch and don't know any better.

I'm surprised that some twat hasn't bought that pile of rocks and converted it into a holiday home.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Specs said:

I managed to drop my bike on that slope on the right of where they stop at 11minutes. I stopped, couldn't get grip turning sound and managed to gently put it down on the grass.

A great spot before the camper van brigade discovered that the bloody council had put a car park there. It was bloody heaving when I dropped the bike.

Did you have much of a struggle to get it back up Alan?

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

@Sir Fallsalot

Look at this Fred, I was searching for a suitable image of the Dragon Rally and found this .  Isn't this you when we were travelling up there with Ogri and co ?

https://www.real-classic.co.uk/2019/12/30/clubmans-corner-diary-dates/

It is me i don't remember giving anyone my permission to to make me famous :classic_laugh:
Thanks @boboneleg good find
Do you think you will be fit enough to attend next year. I've already paid for the Bruce Pollard rally on the Friday night and think i'll decide whether to go to the dragon when i wake up on Saturday  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It is me i don't remember giving anyone my permission to to make me famous :classic_laugh:
Thanks @boboneleg good find
Do you think you will be fit enough to attend next year. I've already paid for the Bruce Pollard rally on the Friday night and think i'll decide whether to go to the dragon when i wake up on Saturday  

If I'm fit enough then I'm going, I'll wait until Jan 1st before I decide if I'm going to apply for a ticket.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

If I'm fit enough then I'm going, I'll wait until Jan 1st before I decide if I'm going to apply for a ticket.

Have you had your leg back yet Bob?