day out

skyrider

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

See what I mean @Pedro,  feckin heathens .  When we were in France our mate Deano (he's a chef) made an ace Spaghetti Bolognese but @Sir Fallsalot wouldn't eat it , said it was 'foreign' or something like that  ?

No it had tomatoes in it i cant stand them but for some reason i like tomato ketchup  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

See what I mean @Pedro,  feckin heathens .  When we were in France our mate Deano (he's a chef) made an ace Spaghetti Bolognese but @Sir Fallsalot wouldn't eat it , said it was 'foreign' or something like that  ?

Yes, it’s fucking foreign! 

Here’s a news flash @Sir Fallsalot:spaghetti isn’t not foreign either!

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

No it had tomatoes in it i cant stand them but for some reason i like tomato ketchup  :classic_laugh:

@boboneleg, I might flounce! Tomatoes on your tomato sauce? I don’t know…

• Haha 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yup its a good job its not white sauce :classic_laugh:

well in scotland they have a white pudding and anyway you put white sauce on your christmas pudding 

• Like 2

Just now, skyrider said:

but you cant have a curry without rice 

That was my first choice.....but they were out of rice!

I then suggested chips.....but they were out of them as well.

So it was curry and mash for us! 

• Haha 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

It's a good job i don't like curry then :classic_laugh:

dont know what you are missing still i have a cousin who doesnt like trifle 

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It's a good job i don't like curry then :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yen_powell said:

In Madeira I had Scabbard fish for dinner one evening. It came with rice and salad I think, not too sure because I was too shocked that they slap a banana on top of the fish!

They're a little weird in the islands. Great bananas, though :littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People who follow culinary rules are daft. They restrict creative cooking and none of the brilliant fusion dishes would exist if everyone slavishly followed rules.
If it taste good eat it. 

Then again if youre going to start putting the cream on the scone before the jam then youre a proper weirdo. Your address will be forwarded to the popo. 

Jam Cream GIF by National Trust
Good job

Jam Cream GIF by National Trust

Aaaaaargh, what is wrong with you? 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Pedro said:

They're a little weird in the islands. Great bananas, though :littleguy:

I enjoyed it, tasted like cod to me and I did eat the 'narna' to show willing in front of my young son. I looked it up to see how to spell Scabbard for my last post. I already knew it looked awful in the flesh after seeing one in the fish market in Funchal, looks only a mother could love and a face for radio etc. The health risks were new to me. Toxic metals is pretty standard for most fish these days, it's the parasites that are only removable by surgery if eaten undercooked is the one that frightened me.

Despite having huge market value and a strong hold in the typical Southern European diet, several health risks are associated with consumption of the black scabbardish due to the presence of several toxic metals found within the fish, including lead, mercury, and cadmium. Even in very small quantities, these metals can be deadly to humans if consumed. However, according to standards set by the World Health Organization and the Food and Agricultural Organization, as long as the liver is not consumed, no real health risks exist in consuming the black scabbardish in moderation. The levels of toxic metals found in the fish were: Liver: between 2.37 mg/kg and 4.5 mg/kg of mercury found Skin: between 0.36 mg/kg and 0.59 mg/kg of mercury found 0.11 mg/kg of cadmium found Muscle: 0.9 mg/kg mercury found, 0.09 mg/kg maximum cadmium levels found In every sample, the lead found was less than 0.10 mg/kg.[15] Black scabbardfish are known hosts to Anisakis. Eating raw or undercooked black scabbardfish could result in a parasitic infection known as anisakiasis, and the only way this condition can be treated is by removal of the nematodes through endoscopy, or surgery.

• Like 3