Freaky spying tech

Cupid Stunt

Very freaky but on this occasion quite useful

A while back I found out that the assistants on phones like Google Assistant when enabled are constantly listening to what you say, it is computer analized and you are fed adverts based on what it decides you're currently interested in.

Don't believe me then do what I did when I was curious, whilst driving around in my car I would talk out loud to myself saying lots of things about dogs, dog food dog's lead, dog collar etc etc (I don't have a dog).

Get home open my browser and go to Facebook and like magic there were adverts for dog food on the right column, freaky.

So, the last few days we've had an issue with our boiler, it's losing pressure and we have to keep topping it up, pain in the ass as when the pressure drops the boiler won't fire up on the timer.

I haven't searched google or Youtube for anything about it and yet this morning I go onto Youtube and there are several videos right in front of me on how to deal with low pressure on a boiler

It turned out to point me in the exact right direction to diagnose the problem

Seriously activate the assistant on your phone and test it out, it's scary and freaky but sometimes useful

• Like 4

Doesn't surprise me one bit Terry.  Google assistant is obviously much better than that useless twat 'Siri' , she doesn't understand the Bristol accent at all.  In fact she's only any good when I ask her to make 'fart' noises

fart-summer-vibe.gif.712e2b76a6aceb1f2c2624a9881222bc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We've lost our freedom totally......I kept delaying getting a smartphone for that very reason.

Eventually I got one in 2015 and I wonder how I ever survived without it in terms of business.

The only useful feature for me besides that aspect is navigation......though I still manage to get lost.

This is where I've been in the last 6 years.......

132973426_Screenshot2021-11-06115410.jpg.daa73c63aa2797f0bf1978a1b8d1ffa2.jpg

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We've lost our freedom totally......I kept delaying getting a smartphone for that very reason.

Eventually I got one in 2015 and I wonder how I ever survived without it in terms of business.

The only useful feature for me besides that aspect is navigation......though I still manage to get lost.

This is where I've been in the last 6 years.......

132973426_Screenshot2021-11-06115410.jpg.daa73c63aa2797f0bf1978a1b8d1ffa2.jpg

You have not done much paddling in the sea.😀

I have been to Roquetas  de Mar, Mojacar, Vera and Gartucha......had some hols, but jeez it was hot.😰

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I keep well away from water Bob!

Who?

According to my Google tracker I have covered 1900 miles this year.😂 Crap ain't it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cupid Stunt said:

Just noticed there quite a few missing off my map, like Geneva and Bruges, must have had location services turned off

Same here......the one that stood out as missing to me was Caravaca de la Cruz......god knows how many times I've been there!

• Like 3

Siri just ignores me. I've tried but it doesn't react to my voice. probably just as well cos I struggle managing myself, let alone a virtuel assistant😜

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Trains, planes, scooter and automobiles 🙂

Just use the menu on Google maps and select "timeline", from there you can select dates/years

Lol, mine says  'no activity '

cat-viralhog.gif.226381b477bd99cdd9bfea813ee642b8.gif

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So even Google thinks your Van Action was shit? 

you ungrateful cunt , all the effort i put in this year with my trips to keep this place going .... unbelievable !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

you ungrateful cunt , all the effort i put in this year with my trips to keep this place going .... unbelievable !!

We ended up getting the number one spot on Google searches for the term "Sad Cunt in a Van" after that fiasco!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

We ended up getting the number one spot on Google searches for the term "Sad Cunt in a Van" after that fiasco!

bollox ... it was welsh twat getting bummed into the middle of next week in abandoned villages by midget Dagos  with an audience of dead dogs.

• Haha 3

Yesterday before Id done any searching for a DIY store I asked @XTreme on here how to find one. 
Mr Slowly came into the room and said wotcha doin? I replied asking Pete about DIY stores, he said have a look and see if theres something called a Leroy Merlin nearby. He’d seen one in Granada so “Leroy Merlin” was repeated in the conversation several times.
I opened a new page and got as far as typing ‘Le’ before Leroy Merlin was the suggested search.

That type of thing with adverts and search suggestions happens all the time, it freaked me out at first but now I dont mind, saves times having what your searching just pop up in front of you even if it means your conversation is always being listened to!
Many people dont realise its a thing, I think its way over the creepy line and you should be asked explicitly if you want to opt in but as usual money money money money. 
If you google how to stop my phone listening the instructions for switching this freaky stuff off are there. 

The only thing I find annoying about it is I have to spend a lot of time talking about guitars with my son and I am fed up being bombarded with guitar adverts when I dont play, search for or buy guitar stuff! 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yesterday before Id done any searching for a DIY store I asked @XTreme on here how to find one. 
Mr Slowly came into the room and said wotcha doin? I replied asking Pete about DIY stores, he said have a look and see if theres something called a Leroy Merlin nearby. He’d seen one in Granada so “Leroy Merlin” was repeated in the conversation several times.
I opened a new page and got as far as typing ‘Le’ before Leroy Merlin was the suggested search.

That type of thing with adverts and search suggestions happens all the time, it freaked me out at first but now I dont mind, saves times having what your searching just pop up in front of you even if it means your conversation is always being listened to!
Many people dont realise its a thing, I think its way over the creepy line and you should be asked explicitly if you want to opt in but as usual money money money money. 
If you google how to stop my phone listening the instructions for switching this freaky stuff off are there. 

The only thing I find annoying about it is I have to spend a lot of time talking about guitars with my son and I am fed up being bombarded with guitar adverts when I dont play, search for or buy guitar stuff! 😂

On another bike site I go on it was a relatively regular complaint from new members that they were sick of all the pervy sites in the header/footer adverts when they browsed the site. It was then pointed out to them that they would be based on their own personal internet history.

• Haha 4