Which Bands Have You Seen Live?

Tango

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yes.....and they were never married....just had a relationship.

strange when we saw them at southport he announced it on stage they were getting wed, must have been a change of plan 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tango said:

I had a period where I saw bands regularly. From The Groundhogs in the back room of a pub in Croydon to Led Zeppelin at Knebworth. 

Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Iron  Maiden, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Rush, ELO, Rory Gallagher, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Marillion, Motorhead (several times), Elbow, Joe Bonamassa, The Damned, Dr Feelgood, Gary Moore, Matt Schofield, The Groundhogs and others that I can't remember for the moment!

The best were probably Pink Floyd - The Wall, Elbow at Cambridge Corn Exchange

Worst: Gary Moore - After The War tour and Rush - Roll The Bones tour.

It was the Rush gig at Wembley Arena that put me off going to big venues. I'd seen them twice before and they were brilliant musicians, but the sound at that gig was awful, so I decided that I'd had enough of the big venues!

Regret not seeing Bon Scott era AC/DC (although I did see a really good tribute band that played all that era stuff) and Stevie Ray Vaughan. He was due to play in the UK, but was killed before the tour.

Out of all of those I wish I'd seen Dr Feelgood as long as it was when Lee Brilleaux was fronting them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

madness at preston guild hall and the petshop boys in manchester

I've seen both of those Lionel.  Madness when they first came onto the scene, it was a scary atmosphere but great gig.  I've seen the PSB at Cardiff and the O2 Arena, absolutely great show both times.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well at least nobody's fessed up to seeing Marc Almond......yet! :classic_unsure:

that should be an instant ban if any one admits  to seeing him..... rumour has it Mawsley filled him with 2 pints of his Jizzle .

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Out of all of those I wish I'd seen Dr Feelgood as long as it was when Lee Brilleaux was fronting them.

Oh yeh.....Lee was the man!

I remember reading a review of them in the mid 70's (when they looked pretty strange with short hair at that time) and they described Lee as looking like "the demented car salesman from Hell".  :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Unfortunately I saw them after Lee Brilleaux's passing. Saw a tribute band, The Feelgood Band, who are pretty good and kind of endorsed by the surviving members of the original band.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

Another band I'd like to have seen was SAHB!

Alex Harvey was a major influence on Bon Scott! Incredible frontman!

Yeah, definitely would have liked to have seen them live. Mad as a box of frogs, though! 😂😂😂

My mind is fried when it comes to remembering things like this but i did remember a few today

Hawkwind in the Bristol bike show. It was blowing a gale and i was too pissed to go to the stage they did sound good from the beer tent though

Debbie Harry at kent custom show again too pissed 

Meatloaf at a sit down event somewhere which was weird but i was sober and he put on a great show 

I'm sure there is more but i'll have to ask the wife 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was usually out of it at these kind of gigs. 

Saw Joe Bonamasa here on my sixtieth. Back in the mists of time saw Groundhogs, Edgar Broughton, James Brown, Barclay James Harvest, Stone the Crows, Deep Purple  - I think, Black Sabbath, Horselips, and most of the Cardiff bands. I've seen Walter Trout three times or was it four? Saw bob Marley play in Auckland not long before he died. Secondary smoking was interesting. 🤪 Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon tour at Sao Paulo. Youssou N'Dour in Dakar.  There must be loads of others that I can't remember. 

• Like 4

I've never really been into concerts and really dislike crowds so have seen very little live music.

I remember seeing The Boomtown rats at a theatre in London. They were playing in the interval in some show that my gran had taken us to see, i was far too young, about 8 or 9 I guess. I remember the song though, cos it was "I don't like Mondays" though I didn't recognise it till years later. 

I've seen various smaller bands at open air do's in my misspent youf,  I think I saw Blodwyn Pig but don't remember it, Phil collins with Phl bailey, Stryper, The Pogues ( in a pub in southampton) and Bob Dylan in Dijon about 20 odd years ago. French bands like Renaud before his voice gave out and Ultra Vomit live in the parc in auxerre, but no really big groups.

Dylan was... welll... Dylan not really a showman but genius lyricist and musicien.

the Pogues were fucking brilliant, but you have to like that sort of thing.

• Like 3