Enough now...

Six30

15 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's why i'm a diabetic :classic_laugh:

It’s two different types of measurements. HbA1c is the precise number of mmols and the smaller numbers @Swagman is talking about is the percentage. The HbA1c can’t be cheated, it’s not a snapshot of your blood sugar at that moment using a finger prick sized dot of blood, it shows the markers over weeks, where as the % measurement can be done in a few seconds but doesn’t give you an overall picture 👍

42 is 6 in old money so you’re doing well. 

Under 7 (48) is where it’s generally agreed you need to be to avoid damage. 
An upper limit of 11 is a bit too high but if it’s only occasionally up there well don’t worry too much. 

If you have the cash to flash and are concerned about diabetic damage this thing is the way to go. The results I’ve seen on the people using them are superb. They love them, they get immediate feedback about how certain food n drinks effect them and as a result keep their blood sugars even by avoiding hyper and hypos. I’d definitely fork out for one!

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/managing-your-diabetes/testing/continuous-glucose-monitoring-cgm

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It’s two different types of measurements. HbA1c is the precise number of mmols and the smaller numbers @Swagman is talking about is the percentage. The HbA1c can’t be cheated, it’s not a snapshot of your blood sugar at that moment using a finger prick sized dot of blood it’s shows the markers over weeks, where as the % measurement can be done in a few seconds but doesn’t give you an overall picture 👍

42 is 6 in old money so you’re doing well. 

Under 7 (48) is where it’s generally agreed you need to be to avoid damage. 
An upper limit of 11 is a bit too high but if it’s only occasionally up there well don’t worry too much. 

If you have the cash to flash and are concerned about diabetic damage this thing is the way to go. The results I’ve seen on the people using them are superb. They love them, they get immediate feedback about how certain food n drinks effect them and as a result keep their blood sugars even by avoiding hyper and hypos. I’d definitely fork out for one!

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/managing-your-diabetes/testing/continuous-glucose-monitoring-cgm

As much as i'd like something like that to see what exactly is giving me spikes i just couldn't live with it attached to me. I've been reading about development with non intrusive devices like these smart watches which sound pretty exciting but not sure if they will get the breakthrough they need for it to work in my lifetime

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 18:42, Sir Fallsalot said:

When i was first diagnosed as being diabetic i gave the wife a row for leaving sweats and shit where i could find them as i have no will power at all and will scoff the lot. So i thought she had stopped buying them as i'd not seen or been able to find anything for a long time, that was until i went somewhere i very rarely go near, the fucking washing machine, it was full and not with laundry :classic_laugh:

I keep my stash in two places, in plain sight in a large tin that says ‘sweets’ on it, I left it in the utility empty for long enough that everyone discovered its empty then once it was established it was an empty tin I refilled it 😂

The other place is my toolbox. Not the tool cabinet everyone goes to but my separate toolbox where I keep the stuff that goes missing, you know electrical tape, stanley knife, tape measure, needle nose pliers, jewellery screwdrivers etc etc. Its out of bounds without permission so thats a sweet spot, literally 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

As much as i'd like something like that to see what exactly is giving me spikes i just couldn't live with it attached to me. I've been reading about development with non intrusive devices like these smart watches which sound pretty exciting but not sure if they will get the breakthrough they need for it to work in my lifetime

monty python scratch GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Tempers. People are getting ticked off with old cunts sitting in front of their trucks and cars and the police doing shit about it.

Just run the twats over, then they may think about it before they sit down on the road in front of all the traffic, or just turn up with a load of baseball bats and beat fuck out of em

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

I think I'd go for a more 'community worker from Lambeth' approach

I see no problem with that, stop the twats from creating the next generation and within a hundred or so years we should be clear of them, my way would be a lot quicker if not slightly more bloody but it would make more of an impact 

12 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I see no problem with that, stop the twats from creating the next generation and within a hundred or so years we should be clear of them, my way would be a lot quicker if not slightly more bloody but it would make more of an impact 

Well I like your thinking there @Richzx6r, a few lorry brake failures would be nice I’m sure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Well I like your thinking there @Richzx6r, a few lorry brake failures would be nice I’m sure.

Well im doing my class 2 license start on next month so I'll try my best to get a few of the fuckers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Well im doing my class 2 license start on next month so I'll try my best to get a few of the fuckers

I testify in court to your innocence.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Britain is more and more insulated from Europe, people are never happy with what they have…

It's not the 'people' by and large Pedro, it's these wankers running the government .  They are a bunch of liars .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

It's not the 'people' by and large Pedro, it's these wankers running the government .  They are a bunch of liars .

I meant it as a joke, insulation for homes / insulation from Europe...

sarcastic well done GIF by CBC

• Haha 3