Enough now...

Six30

17 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Or maybe, just maybe you could follow that advice for yourself by fact checking information beforehand as it makes your post pointless
I wonder, do you always fact check all information regardless of whether it suits your own stance or do you selectively fact check on just those that aren't to your own taste?

TBH I don't fact check too much because I frankly can't be arsed. I said I didn't doubt the content of the article, just it's source. In light of the other articles, then, yes he is an arse. He also admitted that his own home wasn't insulated! So he's a double arse! 

Anyway, the sun is shining and I've got to prepare a culinary delight for the boss, for when she gets back from work, so I bid you a good afternoon. 👍

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tango said:

TBH I don't fact check too much because I frankly can't be arsed. I said I didn't doubt the content of the article, just it's source. In light of the other articles, then, yes he is an arse. He also admitted that his own home wasn't insulated! So he's a double arse! 

Anyway, the sun is shining and I've got to prepare a culinary delight for the boss, for when she gets back from work, so I bid you a good afternoon. 👍

Oh now that’s not on, leaving us dangling, what culinary delight?!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well, not exactly a masterpiece,  but we've got some rotisserie chicken left over in the fridge from Saturday,  so I am going to heat it in some chicken gravy on a bed of green beans with sweet potato and sweetcorn mash. Hopefully it won't kill us! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tango said:

Well, not exactly a masterpiece,  but we've got some rotisserie chicken left over in the fridge from Saturday,  so I am going to heat it in some chicken gravy on a bed of green beans with sweet potato and sweetcorn mash. Hopefully it won't kill us! 😂😂😂

Love a bit of creamed corn and sweet potato 😋 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Menu choices have become very restricted since Mandy has been diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and she's (we're) on a diet! My cooking has had to become a bit more "experimental"! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Love a bit of creamed corn and sweet potato 😋 

Last week's sweet potato, bean and chickpea chilli, done in the slow cooker. This was probably my most successful recent attempt! 😂😂

IMG_20211006_151540.thumb.jpg.b5bbe14f64942c1c43d7579dcef4449b.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looks delicious, would be great with sliced baguette dripping in garlic butter…. 😮😂

Unfortunately garlic butter is not allowed, so we had to make do with some brown rice. I've seen some packs of wild rice in our local supermarket, expensive,  but maybe as a treat! 😉

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Smidge of chilli or smoked paprika in the creamed corn is nice. 

Funnily enough, chilli and smoked paprika feature heavily in our diet, along with garam massala and curry powder! 😉😂😂

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

Unfortunately garlic butter is not allowed, so we had to make do with some brown rice. I've seen some packs of wild rice in our local supermarket, expensive,  but maybe as a treat! 😉

Sorry can’t resist a little bit of a wind up 😬

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tango said:

Funnily enough, chilli and smoked paprika feature heavily in our diet, along with garam massala and curry powder! 😉😂😂

Mr Slowly did some dramatic dieting a few years ago and I’m not a dieter so I found it awful. I kept crisps, chocolate n other snacks out in the garage and in my car, I realised I had become a secret eater- secret because I didn’t want to eat it in front of the dieting one 😂 

So yer you discover the strong flavouring you don’t need much of pretty quick, judicious use of the right herbs n spices make the dish. The only problem you then have is other people’s food (restaurant included) tastes of the oil, fat n salt it’s generally loaded with 😂

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Mr Slowly did some dramatic dieting a few years ago and I’m not a dieter so I found it awful. I kept crisps, chocolate n other snacks out in the garage and in my car, I realised I had become a secret eater- secret because I didn’t want to eat it in front of the dieting one 😂 

So yer you discover the strong flavouring you don’t need much of pretty quick, judicious use of the right herbs n spices make the dish. The only problem you then have is other people’s food (restaurant included) tastes of the oil, fat n salt it’s generally loaded with 😂

Hey up Slowly you still got a stash, what’s your location I’ll help you scoff it so you don’t lose your figure and Mr Slowly notices.🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

When i was first diagnosed as being diabetic i gave the wife a row for leaving sweats and shit where i could find them as i have no will power at all and will scoff the lot. So i thought she had stopped buying them as i'd not seen or been able to find anything for a long time, that was until i went somewhere i very rarely go near, the fucking washing machine, it was full and not with laundry :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When i was first diagnosed as being diabetic i gave the wife a row for leaving sweats and shit where i could find them as i have no will power at all and will scoff the lot. So i thought she had stopped buying them as i'd not seen or been able to find anything for a long time, that was until i went somewhere i very rarely go near, the fucking washing machine, it was full and not with laundry :classic_laugh:

I just stopped eating that stuff but I fear after all the efforts I have done giving up sugar and stuff I’m on a losing battle, just cannot seem to keep the levels down, how are you doing @Sir Fallsalot.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Swagman said:

I just stopped eating that stuff but I fear after all the efforts I have done giving up sugar and stuff I’m on a losing battle, just cannot seem to keep the levels down, how are you doing @Sir Fallsalot.

Results of the blood test i had 6 months ago was really good, waiting for the results of the blood test i had a week ago to see if i'm keeping it down as the ones before were gradually getting higher 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Results of the blood test i had 6 months ago was really good, waiting for the results of the blood test i had a week ago to see if i'm keeping it down as the ones before were gradually getting higher 

Here’s hoping you do OK, last blood test I had they where creeping up, doctor wanted to put me on another med in place of metfomin I wasn’t to keen so told him to wait to see if I could get it down, unfortunately it keeps going like a yo-yo.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You eat her gym clothes? I’ve heard of edible knickers but never edible track suits.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Swagman said:

Here’s hoping you do OK, last blood test I had they where creeping up, doctor wanted to put me on another med in place of metfomin I wasn’t to keen so told him to wait to see if I could get it down, unfortunately it keeps going like a yo-yo.

I'm still diet controlled not on any medication yet and hoping to stay off it. After the last high one i had the annual eye test revealed signs of the diabetic eye disease retinopathy which to be honest frightened the shit out of me, so i was good to the next blood test but I've started slipping back into my old ways again just have to see what happens on Thursday 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm still diet controlled not on any medication yet and hoping to stay off it. After the last high one i had the annual eye test revealed signs of the diabetic eye disease retinopathy which to be honest frightened the shit out of me, so i was good to the next blood test but I've started slipping back into my old ways again just have to see what happens on Thursday 

I been on metformin for about 3 years now had 3 or 4 diabetic eye tests all been ok, when I fist got diagnosed the emergency doctor rang me at 6pm one night and told me to get down to A&E straight away as it was a tad high 126, that was scary.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Swagman said:

I been on metformin for about 3 years now had 3 or 4 diabetic eye tests all been ok, when I fist got diagnosed the emergency doctor rang me at 6pm one night and told me to get down to A&E straight away as it was a tad high 126, that was scary.

I don't know what scale they measure the blood glucose levels in when they tested me but i was 162 when i was diagnosed and the highest i got to was 178, the result i had last was 142  which is ok and around the same as someone who isn't diabetic but my memory is shit so those test result might not have a 1 in front of them i'll ask on Thursday again :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I don't know what scale they measure the blood glucose levels in when they tested me but i was 162 when i was diagnosed and the highest i got to was 178, the result i had last was 142  which is ok and around the same as someone who isn't diabetic but my memory is shit so those test result might not have a 1 in front of them i'll ask on Thursday again :classic_laugh:

That seems very high to me, I test mine most days but it is with a different measurement, I should be around between 5 and 11 that keeps me in the normal rate for a type 2 diabetic.

• Like 1