GoPro Hero 10 Released!

XTreme

Been thinking of something for a while especially since I've been reading about people getting abused by the general public on the trails. Only 2 weeks ago Steve one leg got beaten by an old lady with a walking stick some of the other lads had verbal abuse off two old ladies at the end of another lane and i had an encounter with an angry farmer the other day. Would be nice to get some video of them but £500 😲

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

So get the first year discount on the purchase then cancel it!

Waiting to see what the major retailers will mark it up as now!

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So get the first year discount on the purchase then cancel it!

Waiting to see what the major retailers will mark it up as now!

Yes that's what i'm thinking, might be a Christmas present for myself so hoping to see some discounts/offers then

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes that's what i'm thinking, might be a Christmas present for myself so hoping to see some discounts/offers then

Or Black Friday......late November!

• Like 1

Well, what I have learned, like most things these days, it is 75% hype and 25% substance. :littleguy:

GoPro is no different, they sell the new ones like they are soooooo different, but they are not that much "better" from the older ones.

I always buy the older models on sale when the new ones come out, always a good deal.  They are also much more affordable here overall.

As for me, well I have 5 GoPro's already so I think I will hold off this time around.  😆

BUT, I love them all, they are super fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Well, what I have learned, like most things these days, it is 75% hype and 25% substance. :littleguy:

GoPro is no different, they sell the new ones like they are soooooo different, but they are not that much "better" from the older ones.

I always buy the older models on sale when the new ones come out, always a good deal.  They are also much more affordable here overall.

As for me, well I have 5 GoPro's already so I think I will hold off this time around.  😆

BUT, I love them all, they are super fun.

I said a similar thing to Mr Slowly! The advert is promising all the amazing improvements it’s promised with each iteration. It looks good but I’ll wait for the reviews, sometimes these things do leap forward but often it’s small incremental steps.

• Like 3

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I said a similar thing to Mr Slowly! The advert is promising all the amazing improvements it’s promised with each iteration. It looks good but I’ll wait for the reviews, sometimes these things do leap forward but often it’s small incremental steps.

If retailers drop the Hero 9 to about €300 then I'll go for that.

I know the 10 is better......but I doubt it's nearly €200 better!

• Like 4

I very rarely go for the latest kit nowadays Pete, I wait anxiously for it to come out so the previous version drops like a brick in price
Who on Earth needs 5.3k?, it's very rare that anyone watches videos in anything above HD and often just 720p as their watching on a phone/tablet
For the latest kit you'll always pay what it's worth plus a premium for joining all the mugs who queue up waiting for it to come out

• Like 4

Keep an eye on Amazon and eBay - they occasionally have discount offers almost randomly pop up. Not long ago eBay had a short lived 20% offer, which meant things like this were effectively vat free

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Motobiker said:

Might be worth holding fire for the moment.1FC90DD6-C957-41A7-A339-BE9983668D17.thumb.png.bb5e78b5822542f47ff9bb5fac100d7f.png

The crackling sound on the 9 wouldn't be a deal breaker for me cos I was always put a soundtrack over the vid.

The overheating on the 10 would be a deal breaker though.

• Like 2