Daddy or chips?

For those that weren’t plagued by the daddy or chips? ad a little girl has to choose between daddy or chips. Here’s a far more serious version-  motorbike or... 

Well you say. For me the only thing I can think of that biking would lose to is family. My other half said sex. And being a billionaire didnt even cut it. Is there anything you’d choose over motorbikes?

7 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

My pops played bass for him for a bit, not long cos he couldn’t stand him “.... nasty piece of work... odious cu*t..” Treated everyone like shit. He was proper fucked up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My pops played bass for him for a bit, not long cos he couldn’t stand him “.... nasty piece of work... odious cu*t..” Treated everyone like shit. He was proper fucked up.

Was he in the band in 78......cos that's when I saw him in Swansea Top Rank?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Was he in the band in 78......cos that's when I saw him in Swansea Top Rank?

Would have been before then. He played with a lot of different people and had had enough of gigging by 1975 so he left London drove around, stopped in the West Country thought this is a nice place to bring up kids and bought a house, without even seeing it, told my mum they were leaving and didnt have anything more to do with any of them. 

Being a musician is hard, most develop a more sophisticated musical ‘palate’ than the chart music they knock out for money but they have to perform the same tub thumping stuff over and over. If youre good at entertaining you know exactly how to ramp crowds up and for the muso it becomes quite predictable and tedious. Its why every now and then you see performers behaving in a contemptible way towards the crowd, clapping at them like seals or implying theyre stupid. If it was wine it would be like dying for a good Chablis but everyone always insisting on Liebfraumilch 😖 😆 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

As per the topic only thing that comes before my bike is my daughter 

thin ice there mate, what about the wife ?

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If your dad was as good as some that followed him then I'm impressed too.

• Thanks 1

On 10/05/2021 at 00:26, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

the only thing I can think of that biking would lose to is family. 

That'd be a bloody close run thing in this house 😅  

I've had a bike since I was 16 and was a pillion "Biker" behind older mates well before that. I've only had the wife since the age of 27 and the kids since the ages of 31 and 36, so if  seniority is a factor...

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, MooN said:

I've had a bike since I was 16

And still falling over with them! :classic_laugh:

Less Trail Braking and more Motorcycling Tourettes is what you want!

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

wank bank , you mean .

You think he has a hole/whole library of them for late night shuffles.

• Haha 1

I’d never heard the expression wank bank until I was at a dog show having a lovely conversation with Clare Balding. She took a couple of photos of me n my dog to post on channel 4s Crufts coverage which I didn’t think anything of until a ‘kind’ stranger swooped past while the photos were being taken (I assumed to photo bomb) and leaned in frighteningly close to say directly in my ear “that’s going straight in her wank bank.” Still makes me laugh now :rofl:

• Haha 2

I might choose to get my leg back................  BUT........................ what would be the point if I no longer had a bike to ride.  I'm not feckin walking everywhere :classic_dry:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’d never heard the expression wank bank until I was at a dog show having a lovely conversation with Clare Balding. She took a couple of photos of me n my dog to post on channel 4s Crufts coverage which I didn’t think anything of until a ‘kind’ stranger swooped past while the photos were being taken (I assumed to photo bomb) and leaned in frighteningly close to say directly in my ear “that’s going straight in her wank bank.” Still makes me laugh now :rofl:

has Clare Balding got a cock then ?

• Haha 1