Quiet here tonight

Sir Fallsalot

12 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Seems dead here tonight i have a plate of cheese and crackers which i'm washing down with some desperados chilling out listening to this because i cant stand the shit the wife is watching on TV now i really want to go clubbing :classic_laugh: whats everyone else doing 

Just stuck the phones in as Mandi doesn't get anything other than what she likes.

I keep turning it up when listening to dance music.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Just stuck the phones in as Mandi doesn't get anything other than what she likes.

I keep turning it up when listening to dance music.

I think i had mine turned up too loud bloody ears are ringing this morning. Could have been the bike because i forgot to put my ear plugs in when i went out for a ride yesterday

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Not far from Thatchers there Fred 71PTAZSmdoL._AC_SY879_.jpg.d3d2939344042144ed9d21e067bda4dd.jpg

It's a shame i don't like cider, I had a bad experience on cider when i was about 17 and haven't touched it since, it even put me off eating apples. Its strange how stupid things can affect your life :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Its strange how stupid things can affect your life 

In my case it was being born in Swansea! 

• Haha 2

@Sir Fallsalot Oh by crikey I know what you mean. 17 years old, failed my first driving test (bit of a shock at the time cos Id never failed anything before), went home and my dad was having a day off, told him and he helped me get over it with cider and then whisky.... holy crappoly I wanted to die. My mum came home from work and was furious. I remember her saying “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER????!” My dad replied “ITS HER FAULT SHE LED THINGS HERE” 

The next day I was so ill I passed out at the top of the stairs and surfed down on my face, my mum made my dad phone in sick so he could look after me. He wanted to go to the farm shop (for hangover cure food) but decided I was too ill to leave so he carried me to the car and with a bowl to vomit in and I went on the worse journey of my life 😂

I didnt know how ill I was until later in life when I discovered my dad had never ever rung in sick before and the only reason I wasnt taken to hospital was the preceding week both my brothers had been taken to A&E with the last visit one of them being admitted for a head injury which occurred when my dad was swinging us around and misjudged a swoop... smack ..  my wee bro who had a knack of saying the wrong things at the wrong time said in A&E “why did daddy do this to me?”   So we were on the health visitors radar and alcohol poisoning at the hands of dad would have been a finisher 

But I live in Somerset and if you dont drink cider you have to leave, tis the law... kinda so I drank the hairy nailed bullet and got over it. Whisky though took over twenty years and a mighty toothache 😂

Wake Up Wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oops soz got a bit of a hangover 😂 Fixed it now.

been going to the TT since 1987 its not a holiday it is a pilgrimage watch bikes during the day and drink all night i go for eight days its a marathon 🥴

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, skyrider said:

been going to the TT since 1987 its not a holiday it is a pilgrimage watch bikes during the day and drink all night i go for eight days its a marathon 🥴

Crikey I wouldnt survive! I really wanna go to the TT but it seems to get booked up waaaay ahead of time and be very expensive for a week away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Crikey I wouldnt survive! I really wanna go to the TT but it seems to get booked up waaaay ahead of time and be very expensive for a week away. 

i haven't been for five years but before that i went over for the TT and the manx every year and just before i left the hotel i booked for the following year and the same with the ferry, and as you say the iom is not a cheap holiday

• Like 2

had to start back to work again this week. 

Not a happy Bunny. due to circumstances I have taken a step back 30 years and am now doing a mechanics job. Problem is my boss seems to think that I can do this on top of all the stuff I am supposed to do as manager like sourcing and ordering parts, fuel, gas, running the stock, fixing the bikes, client paperwork, client handovers etc etc etc.  

I have told him, in writing, that I am not physically capable of doing the mechanics job ( which is why they changed my job description in 2016 after my back operation) and gave him a copy of that letter.  So far he has simply carried on as if he never got the mail.  Not gonna last cos I will rapidly break down ( physically). Needless to say i haven't been up to posting much this week.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MooN said:

had to start back to work again this week. 

Not a happy Bunny. due to circumstances I have taken a step back 30 years and am now doing a mechanics job. Problem is my boss seems to think that I can do this on top of all the stuff I am supposed to do as manager like sourcing and ordering parts, fuel, gas, running the stock, fixing the bikes, client paperwork, client handovers etc etc etc.  

I have told him, in writing, that I am not physically capable of doing the mechanics job ( which is why they changed my job description in 2016 after my back operation) and gave him a copy of that letter.  So far he has simply carried on as if he never got the mail.  Not gonna last cos I will rapidly break down ( physically). Needless to say i haven't been up to posting much this week.  

just slow down a lot or you will burn yourself out, that will make him think 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MooN said:

Needless to say i haven't been up to posting much this week.  

Hang in there MooN, and yes the news this week has been grim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

just slow down a lot, that will make him think 

I'm already a lot slower than I used to be.  the problem is, it's not really his fault, our main mechanic has been off sick ( piss taking) for a year now and despite advertising we've had 0 candidates for the job. That, on top of the covid situation means that he doesn't really have much choice. However, I ran with it for the 4 months of last season ( and ended with a ruptured tendon in my ledt shoulder and a split meniscus in my left knee) but said quite clearly that I was NOT prepared to do another season like that one. He is also playing the mechanic and painting boats etc, but that is, at the end of the day not my problem, it's his company and I am an employee and I need to look after me at the moment he can look after himself. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MooN said:

I'm already a lot slower than I used to be.  the problem is, it's not really his fault, our main mechanic has been off sick ( piss taking) for a year now and despite advertising we've had 0 candidates for the job. That, on top of the covid situation means that he doesn't really have much choice. However, I ran with it for the 4 months of last season ( and ended with a ruptured tendon in my ledt shoulder and a split meniscus in my left knee) but said quite clearly that I was NOT prepared to do another season like that one. He is also playing the mechanic and painting boats etc, but that is, at the end of the day not my problem, it's his company and I am an employee and I need to look after me at the moment he can look after himself. 

Companies will use you and burn you out......then drop you like a stone when you cease to be of use to them.

• Like 1

@MooN Can you suggest making the piss taking sticky throwing mechanic redundant (it would be a legitimate redundancy if your doing his role) and taking on an apprentice who can do the heavy lifting? If its not a sustainable position for you you need to make him fix things or get out while you’re in reasonable health. 

Aside from that, it sucks mate, no one wants to be taken advantage of or lose their health for the sake of someone else’s purse 😢