What tyres?

Catteeclan

I have pilot road 2s on the dominator which have cracked up something rotten and now looking at replacing. This was the front which I've replaced with something else I found in the shed, rear is going the same way fast.

IMG_2447.thumb.jpeg.a4cbae1de78b01abfca8b3de09a96a8f.jpeg

Looking for something which will handle some easy off road lanes. Loved the TKCs I had on the xl600 but they may be to far off road for what I'm after and they're bloody expensive now. Avons seem to crack up quick so I've ruled any of them out.
Both wheels are 17' by the way so very limited.

• Like 1

Can you get Continental Trail Attack in 17''   .  I had them on my black KTM 950 and once I got used to the fact that there wern't any knobs I quite liked them.

shopping.png.e2ad7b45a9f830906bf2a9c2c0127cc0.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Can you get Continental Trail Attack in 17''   .  I had them on my black KTM 950 and once I got used to the fact that there wern't any knobs I quite liked them.

shopping.png.e2ad7b45a9f830906bf2a9c2c0127cc0.png

They look gay to me Bob! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

Gone for Bobs gay recommendation as they were the cheaper of suggestions. Just hope they'll last better than some of the conti,s I've seen on some cars.

On 09/04/2021 at 08:28, Pedro said:

TKC70, very nice and smooth for the road and rain, and can handle some light offroad if it’s not mud or sand

Cheers Pedro, Look good but a tad pricey.

Ordered Saturday, had an email today saying the front should be here on the 21st with no news on the rear.

Moto-tyres.co.uk. Won't be ordering from there again. Obviously no stock.

31 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Ordered Saturday, had an email today saying the front should be here on the 21st with no news on the rear.

Moto-tyres.co.uk. Won't be ordering from there again. Obviously no stock.

Had the same from a portuguese online shop. Confirmed the order with a 3 day delivery time, then two days later claimed it would take them three days more, then then three days later informed they had no stock delivery  date, and tried to give me a refund in form of a credit on a different set, asked for a refund and took them three weeks.

I think online tyre shops are a scam, at least here anyway. I’ve been buying tyres for 20 years, cars and bikes, from the same two shops and wouldn’t change unless for a specific unavailable product.

I have had tyres from there before with a few days turn around.
I'm now looking into them, although they have a base in Oxford I think it's nothing more than that.
Warehouse elsewhere, Germany. Blame brexit.

Got in contact via live chat Friday. Tyres were "still in France". Didn't know they were coming from Europe.
Why can't they tell you they're not in stock rather than string you along. Told them to cancel the order.
I'll find some later hopefully already in the UK.

In the past I've used Tyreleader with great results.  Although they are based in Andorra , the tyres were delivered within 5 days and at great prices.  When you started this thread I went onto their website and was shocked at the prices and lead times for delivery.

Feckin Brexit, what a great idea that was :classic_rolleyes:

@Catteeclan why cant you get them from your local bike shop, there's two bike shops near me that can supply and fit tyres in about 3 days if they don't have them on the shelf. The one i use is now supplying me mitas tyres cheaper than what i can buy them from Mitas UK and he fits them for the price of the tyre

I really like the Dunlop Trailmax Missions on my bike. On my third or fourth set now. Great mileage and they're not overly pricey (at least not here). They work well enough on dirt and don't hop around or hum too much on tarmac.

• Like 1

I'm in no hurry for these tyres, I want to see if a uk supplier has them in stock and buy from them, not find out later they have no tyres to sell but still list them as available. 

Most sites don't tell you this. Only one I've found is round and black but they don't mention the rear size I want.:classic_laugh:
M & P, had orders with in the past and haven't had any probs but even their site has no mention of stock.

Just gone on to Black circles, Go through the ordering and message say delivered on the 20th April. Lets see shall we?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I'm in no hurry for these tyres, I want to see if a uk supplier has them in stock and buy from them, not find out later they have no tyres to sell but still list them as available. 

Most sites don't tell you this. Only one I've found is round and black but they don't mention the rear size I want.:classic_laugh:
M & P, had orders with in the past and haven't had any probs but even their site has no mention of stock.

Just gone on to Black circles, Go through the ordering and message say delivered on the 20th April. Lets see shall we?

you will find out in a couple of days 

• Like 1