The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride 2021

Skippy

...........fingers crossed it goes ahead this year. I did the ride out from Murcia city the year before last and it was quite a sight to see. Managed to raised a good chunk of money for the charity too so that was a bonus. Charity aside, it’s still worth going along to the local event and getting to see some very nice bikes.

255CB798-FEFF-4641-B208-7FFF083C0EF2.jpeg

33EE0208-8C27-4CFE-B16A-376A47B791CD.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Is there any Sad Old Greaser rides coming up?

I think that might be a better fit for me!

Apparently they have an Old Farts Ride Out as well? A few of us could probably qualify. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Skippy said:

Apparently they have an Old Farts Ride Out as well? A few of us could probably qualify. 

Yep.....could do that one for sure! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

From what a few mates have told me here in the UK there's a bit of snobbery goes on as they were sent to the back out the way because they didn't fit the description 

How far would they be sending @yen_powell then?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

From what a few mates have told me here in the UK there's a bit of snobbery goes on as they were sent to the back out the way because they didn't fit the description 

That’s a shame if that’s the case as it’s a good cause and worth attending if only to see the range of bikes. It’s certainly a more relaxed affair out here.........I mean, they let me in for a start. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It’s certainly a more relaxed affair out here

Everything is Ray.......the people aren't so stressed and angry about everything here!

The downside is trying to get things done as you know.....but on the whole we get the better way of life for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

The downside is trying to get things done 

Getting things done is stressful, i;ll try next week, next! lol

• Haha 1

I dont know how Spaniards are raised but I wouldnt be surprised to hear its without a constant pressure to perform and succeed. Its very easy to feel like a failure in this country, like regardless of how successful you are (or aren’t) you should have achieved more. Its complete madness, the only relaxed happy people I know are the ones who dont give a f*ck about all that stuff and they seem to be far and few between.

Love that Frank Spencer scene where he suddenly realises and rejoices in being a failure. He says “Im a failure” with a massive smile ? 

Im gonna have to look for that now.. oh it’s turning into a very productive work day ?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I dont know how Spaniards are raised but I wouldnt be surprised to hear its without a constant pressure to perform and succeed.

I suppose there's more pressure to succeed in the big cities than out in the sticks, but generally the things that are important to them are family, friends, community, and in some cases the church.

It's not a dog eat dog environment like back there......and they can be happy with less.

Also, if you succeed at something, or you have something nice as a possession there's not the same envy or jealousy.....or comments like "Who did he rip off to be able to get the money for that?"

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I suppose there's more pressure to succeed in the big cities than out in the sticks, but generally the things that are important to them are family, friends, community, and in some cases the church.

It's not a dog eat dog environment like back there......and they can be happy with less.

Also, if you succeed at something, or you have something nice as a possession there's not the same envy or jealousy.....or comments like "Who did he rip off to be able to get the money for that?"

Yer when I decided Spain was the place I wanted to be it was after staying in Granada and seeing that nobody gives a sh*t what material possessions you do or dont have. Much more relaxed. Seemed not too caught up on shallow crap.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer when I decided Spain was the place I wanted to be it was after staying in Granada and seeing that nobody gives a sh*t what material possessions you do or dont have. Much more relaxed. Seemed not too caught up on shallow crap.

And the more rural you go, the less shits are given! :classic_laugh:

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

Is there any Sad Old Greaser rides coming up?

I think that might be a better fit for me!

Look out for the ginger twat rally.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No Adv/Enduro/Dualsport then? 

Nope just classics and “modern classics”

Seems they dropped saying out right other bikes aren’t welcome which is a good thing me thinks, snobbery in biking is too much for me!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No Adv/Enduro/Dualsport then? 

Well I’ve done it a couple of times on my Himalayan and spoke to the organisers first and they were surprised that I was even asking! ?

5 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Well I’ve done it a couple of times on my Himalayan and spoke to the organisers first and they were surprised that I was even asking! ?

In Spain though?

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

In Spain though?

Yes mate, both times on the Murcia City event. A mate of mine and his mate turned up on proper ratty old choppers and they had no problems either. All three of us rode in the front group. ?