Forum Direction thread gone! Please read!

XTreme

It was meant to help improve things....not make things worse. Yet one person has already asked for his account to be deleted because of it.

People have left, others have asked for their accounts to be deleted, while others who were on here fairly regularly are no longer visiting.

Now here's the reality......I started this a year ago due to the lockdown. We kept going against all odds, but it seems things are going the same way as they did in the past. 

Nobody can say I didn't try......there's no no shame in trying and failing. But ultimately it's the community itself that will determine whether it succeeds.....I can only do so much.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just to update you that Clive has asked for his account to be deleted which I've done!

If anybody else wants their account deleted then just update me in this thread, or PM me, and I'll obviously carry out their wishes.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have been away for a few days due to work.  I am sad to come back and read this.

I would like to see this place carry on, it has potential, I can see it, but then I am a bit damaged in the head.  :littleguy:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Swagman said:

What’s gone on has someone said something or what..?

I started a thread based on feedback I'd had and it degenerated into a mess Keith.

It culminated with Clive asking for his account to be deleted unfortunately.

I'm sorry to see him go cos he was here at the start.....but because of GDPR I have to delete accounts and all data when requested.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I started a thread based on feedback I'd had and it degenerated into a mess Keith.

It culminated with Clive asking for his account to be deleted unfortunately.

I'm sorry to see him go cos he was here at the start.....but because of GDPR I have to delete accounts and all data when requested.

Well that’s a bummer.

• Like 3

I do t post a huge amount but this is one of the better forums in operation so please Pete, if it’s possible, keep it going.

If people don’t like the forum then they can easily bow out without making an issue surely?

• Like 3

You gave your opinions Pedro......which was what I needed. So no apologies needed. We need to make changes otherwise we'll be going down the same road as before. And you know where that leads.

Unfortunately, maybe due to Lockdowns etc, everybody has got so edgy it seems people are now getting offended over what I would see as relatively trivial things.

So it has been difficult to keep a lid on things for a while......today was basically the culmination of it all.

What's happened in the past isn't important now......it's what happens in the future which will determine whether this site actually has one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I do t post a huge amount but this is one of the better forums in operation so please Pete, if it’s possible, keep it going.

If people don’t like the forum then they can easily bow out without making an issue surely?

Thanks Ray.....much appreciated.

As I posted previously, this has been building for a while so it needed a flash point to bring it out in the open.

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Thanks Ray.....much appreciated.

As I posted previously, this has been building for a while so it needed a flash point to bring it out in the open.

No problem Pete.......and as usual I missed all the action ??

• Haha 1

Crikey. Frying pan, fire. 

Well I need you to keep the place going Pete. I’m exceptionally bored with this lockdown now and so far this place has been fun and the only place Ive visited that has folk from around the globe (rather unique given theres no youtube account attached). 

Plus if you shut it down I’ll never get to bug grasshopper about how to take a good photo and I’ll miss out on Pedros recipes!

Its a dull month ride wise, always has been but chuck in a lockdown on top and everyones crazier than ever!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

No problem Pete.......and as usual I missed all the action ??

It was nothing to write home about Ray.......but enough to put a bad vibe across the place.

But as I said, it had been coming for a while.

That's why I've posted that if anybody else wants their account closed just let me know either on the forum or by PM.

There's no hard feelings.....like with Clive I'll wish them well. But they need to show themselves now so we can finally put this to bed.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Crikey. Frying pan, fire. 

Well I need you to keep the place going Pete. I’m exceptionally bored with this lockdown now and so far this place has been fun and the only place Ive visited that has folk from around the globe (rather unique given theres no youtube account attached). 

Plus if you shut it down I’ll never get to bug grasshopper about how to take a good photo and I’ll miss out on Pedros recipes!

Its a dull month ride wise, always has been but chuck in a lockdown on top and everyones crazier than ever!

Thanks Caroline......as with Ray's feedback it's much appreciated.

It shows me that there are people here who like the forum, despite it's deficiencies in certain areas. I've always felt that a good community experience is the most important thing.

And bear in mind we've been here less than a year so we're not the finished article.....or anywhere near it.

• Like 2

I'm really sad to read this. Clive was a good poster and seemed a good bloke.

I'm on here almost twice a day and haven't seen any angry posted at anyone.

Bummer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

It was meant to help improve things....not make things worse. Yet one person has already asked for his account to be deleted because of it.

People have left, others have asked for their accounts to be deleted, while others who were on here fairly regularly are no longer visiting.

Now here's the reality......I started this a year ago due to the lockdown. We kept going against all odds, but it seems things are going the same way as they did in the past. 

Nobody can say I didn't try......there's no no shame in trying and failing. But ultimately it's the community itself that will determine whether it succeeds.....I can only do so much.

I've got to work for a living, and look after a semi-disabled wife. What time I do get in between those commitments shouldn't have to be spent dealing with people squabbling. What the hell is going to kick off tomorrow when I'm not here?

So unless we can turn the corner now then this place has to close! I don't want this to happen.....but given the current circumstances and the general mood here I don't see any other option. Do you?

I gor one don't want this place to go anywhere, I know I'm not on here posting daily but I do try to at least have a look once or twice a day to see whats happening.

But whatever you do don't shut it down

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Just to update you that Clive has asked for his account to be deleted which I've done!

Then he should give Bruce his motorcycle back. :littleguy:

• Haha 1