The New Header!

XTreme

If you don't see any difference just empty your browser cache and check again. There's 3 bikes facing forward left and 3 facing forward right.

Obviously there's not unlimited space there.....they have to fit between the title on the left and the user options on the right......so 6 was the optimal number with @boboneleg in the middle.

Let me know what you think?

• Like 2

I like Bob's area in the middle, and the letters, but really don't like the rest. It's both too gloomy and too busy. Looks like a sci-fi movie scene. Having said that, I wouldn't have been able to do that kind of thing, and it does go along with the forum's color. I was here a while ago and just now noticed the new banner after clicking on this thread.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MooN said:

I like it but Pedro's right in that it is a bit gloomy, which is probably mostly down to the general colour. 

I've slightly lightened it.....hit CTRL and F5 to see it.

But what you have to bear in mind is has to be in empathy with the styling of the forum itself.

If you stick things on there with multiple bright colours it's going to be completely at odds with everything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Whats going on here two BMW's two royal Enfield's a triumph a KTM and even a Kawasaki but not one Honda  :classic_laugh:

donald trump conspiracy GIF by Election 2016 

It's down to quality of the image Fred!

I'd like to see your bike in the header because we have a duplication of models with the Enfields at the moment.

But unfortunately your photographic skills are only slightly better than Buck's. :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'm a bit ugly to put in the middle, perhaps somewhere near the back :classic_laugh:

A bit? That’s an understatement, you have a face that could curdle milk.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Whats going on here two BMW's two royal Enfield's a triumph a KTM and even a Kawasaki but not one Honda  :classic_laugh:

If I had Charlotte at the time, you know she would have made it in.  Maybe even into the middle spot, but Bob does look good.  ?

If I knew we could include riding action shots then I would have.

Next time....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

If I had Charlotte at the time, you know she would have made it in.  Maybe even into the middle spot, but Bob does look good.  ?

If you knew we could include riding action shots then I would have.

Next time....

The riding shot wasn't planned.....I originally thought just the bikes.

But Bob submitted that and it looked quite impressive......so it was handy to use it to break up the two groups of bikes.

• Like 2

It was a bit much when I first saw it, but it is growing on me.

Making it lighter did help.

I understand what you are saying about keeping with the look of the forum but orange/red and teal/blue are always very nice together.

Perhaps a sepia tone instead, it would work with the blue and grey and warm it all up.

Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

It was a bit much when I first saw it, but it is growing on me.

Making it lighter did help.

I understand what you are saying about keeping with the look of the forum but orange/red and teal/blue are always very nice together.

Perhaps a sepia tone instead, it would work with the blue and grey and warm it all up.

Just a suggestion.

This particular header isn't the endpoint though Michelle. It's a sort of stepping stone really.

Now people can get an idea of the type of shots we need I'm sure we can get better ones going forward.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

This particular header isn't the endpoint though Michelle. It's a sort of stepping stone really.

Now people can get an idea of the type of shots we need I'm sure we can get better ones going forward.

Roger Roger!!  

If you ever need a sexy Honda photo I could get Charlotte to pose. :littleguy:

• Like 1

Just now, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Roger Roger!!  

If you ever need a sexy Honda photo I could get Charlotte to pose. :littleguy:

You're leaving yourself wide open there for some sick deviant like @Bruce or @Sir Fallsalot to start again.

Fred's already confessing in my Ride Report how he likes to get on top of a knob. :classic_unsure:

It doesn't help our Google rankings you know!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You're leaving yourself wide open there for some sick deviant like @Bruce or @Sir Fallsalot to start again.

Fred's already confessing in my Ride Report how he likes to get on top of a knob. :classic_unsure:

What ever do you mean?

I'm just a sweet Canadian girl offering up her services to improve this wonderful forum.  :littleguy:  ?

In no way would I want to hurt your rankings... :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

What ever do you mean?

I'm just a sweet Canadian girl offering up her services to improve this wonderful forum.  :littleguy:  ?

light blue touch paper and wait.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

What ever do you mean?

You boost our rankings......those two bellends are the kiss of death with their stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, XTreme said:

we wait with baited breath 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

It's both too gloomy and too busy. Looks like a sci-fi movie scene.

Yeh.....but you gotta think outside the box here Pedro. Ask yourself what geographic area is this site most likely to appeal to?

You can discard any non-English speaking countries for a start, and while we've always had North American members with us, the predominant demographic has always been Brits.

So there's no point in designing a header with various exotic locations etc.....they can't relate to that. So we had to come up with an image that they could relate to, and identify with.

And what could be better than a gloomy, post-apocalyptic wasteland representing some sort of Mad Max-style world borrowed from dystopian fiction?

It's home from home for them! Result I'd say! What you say @Tym?

• Haha 2