Its the weekend you mouth breathers!

Tym

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Nobody did back in the 70's Pedro.....everybody just got on with their lives.

My experience tells me it's much safer to ride alone.......I don't have to allow for fuckwits riding with me.

I saw some carnage back in those days......even two mates getting killed! One beheaded and the other impaled through railings.

So from 79 on I did my own thing.......and I'm still here.

Also, bear in mind that it wasn't till the mid 90's that Mobiles came on the scene.....prior to that you really were on your own!

Don't play the hero, Pete, you asked why people ask Fred to not ride alone offroad. Offroad being the point here. The answer is because it's easier to injure yourself in a place where there is no visibility. 

Same why it's advisable to be with someone when rock climbing, or hiking in deserts or snow, etc, doesn't make it not doable and not enjoyable, but you are accepting the risks by doing so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Don't play the hero, Pete,

I'm not playing the hero.....I'm telling you the reality of things.

I get told about riding alone now on FB, Bob gets told, Fred gets told.......I'm sure those advisories don't all come with the caveat......"only when you're offroading".

The serious carnage invariably happens onroad........the more minor stuff happens offroad!

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

I'm not playing the hero.....I'm telling you the reality of things.

I get told about riding alone now on FB, Bob gets told, Fred gets told.......I'm sure those advisories don't all come with the caveat......"only when you're offroading".

The serious carnage invariably happens onroad........the more minor stuff happens offroad!

I think you're purposely not getting my point.

It's not the fall that kills you, like against traffic. Minor stuff happens offroad more likely than onroad, but then you might be immobile an exhausted in a remote location, and hurt. In winter in some places, you might not make it the night, in summer you might not make the day in others, that's why it's risky.

It's a different risk altogether. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

I think you're purposely not getting my point.

It's not the fall that kills you, like against traffic. Minor stuff happens offroad more likely than onroad, but then you might be immobile an exhausted in a remote location, and hurt. In winter in some places, you might not make it the night, in summer you might not make the day in others, that's why it's risky.

It's a different risk altogether. 

I see what you mean! But if that is a concern then there's plenty of options to give additional security.

There's GPS's with accident alarm features and even apps for your smartphone!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.bikersos&hl=en&gl=US

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I see what you mean! But if that is a concern then there's plenty of options to give additional security.

There's GPS's with accident alarm features and even apps for your smartphone!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.bikersos&hl=en&gl=US

I know, but usually I would say that the strongest of advices comes from people who just worry about the guy and might not be into bikes or the activity at all, and just wish one to be sat on the sofa watching tv, as it's "safer" to die from cholesterol than from a broken knee on the side of a mountain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Why do they tell you that Fred?

I get it now on FB cos I'm old......and Bob gets it because he's old and only has one leg!

You're not old.....and you've got two legs. So why do they say that?

Its only the trail riding side of it they say that @XTreme

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

I see @Richzx6r is here! Where you been Rich? 

Word on the street was that you'd flounced because nobody's called you a Cunt yet? :classic_laugh:

My phone has been being a twat so had to clear the cache so it would let me use chrome.

Nah I don't flounce I'm not some snowflake ya know 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Bruce said:

And I'll tell you that actually you are woefully unprepared and possibly negligent. Even going to sea we have numerous safety mechanisms which ensure a high level of survivability and that when the worst comes even our bodies can be found.

Do you carry a plb? Wear off road body armour, have a reliable and guaranteed way of calling for help, carry basic first aid, spares etc etc.

Most here will have the basic ATGATT consisting of road wear and nothing else.

I go out to Style and Profile in good weather conditions Bruce......I'm not going into battle in some third world country.

In 1971.....I first got out on a bike and rode! 50 years later I'm still doing it.

Never broken a bone, never totalled a bike, and never made an insurance claim. And not hit the deck since 78.

Yet now I'm a Dead Man Walking! 

The Undertaker Sport GIF by WWE

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Its only the trail riding side of it they say that @XTreme

You certainly look to me like you're pretty bloody capable offroad Fred!

Steps of course are a different matter!

Maybe you should think of strapping on one of @Bruce's Survival Kits when you attempt those steps again?

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

My phone has been being a twat so had to clear the cache so it would let me use chrome.

Nah I don't flounce I'm not some snowflake ya know 

Good to see you Rich.....I had @Swagman and @Clive standing by ready to go in and break you out of the other place!

I'd hate to see a young guy like you get bitchslapped by The Man as has happened to @Six30

john stamos wink GIF by Grandfathered

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Good to see you Rich.....I had @Swagman and @Clive standing by ready to go in and break you out of the other place!

I'd hate to see a young guy like you get bitchslapped by The Man as has happened to @Six30

careful.... or i will dedicate all my time to this place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

They are dark chocolate with white chocolate chips.  Very tasty thank you very much! :littleguy:

Send some of them my way....I love dark chocolate 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I have been to the other forum a handful of times since joining here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Good Day / Evening Folks

Super cold here again today, not sure if I will get out on the bike.  Yesterday was fun, but they spray the roads down with a chemical spray to prevent ice and it just coats the bike.  I don't like it.

Oh well, my cookies turned out well yesterday, so it might be a day of warm tea and cookies! :littleguy:

1FAF12A5-E0E1-4D54-812F-1E962CD921F2_1_201_a.jpeg

are they supposed to be that colour ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1