We've now passed 9 Months.......

XTreme

......of being in existence!

As you recall, I only started the show going again cos we were all locked up! I really didn't expect it to last longer than 3 months......I always thought that once everybody got released then that would be it.

But I got that wrong didn't I? Like all the other things I've managed to get wrong when it comes to forums. Yes it's true...I've been fucking up forums since 2002. Consistently!

So given the past, and looking at the drivel that's posted here now......I'm amazed you're all still here! And why is everybody still as fucking stupid as they were all those years ago?

I don't know about you......but some days I look at this place and feel like I want to flounce! We need a Flouncing Floater in our midst I'd say!

So.....how are we doing so far? What are we doing right? What are we doing wrong? How are we different to other forums? And most importantly, are we still stuck in the shallow end of the gene pool?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BusBoy said:

Nothing beats consistency

Because you're a shit role model

Awesome. Tym is gagging for the Mod Gig so he can fill out his new boots

We have Swagman, close enough

Pretty shit tbh but we are starved for choice

Give me time. I'll think of something.

The list is pretty long but I;ll make a start

Depends who you ask. There is always the naysayer and deniers

Is that a positive then? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Yes. No other forum I have ever been on creates friendships and bonds like yours do. Even if on occasion such a bond of friendship is a complete cluster fuck.

Wow! High praise indeed! Cheers Bruce!

I never really thought about it that way......but I suppose given that the majority of the guys go back to DSUK in 2004, and @Tym, @Lone Amigo, and @Mess to Bikezone in 2002, it is quite unusual in that respect.

It's like the same core keeps getting back together under a different name and in a different era!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

stick with it ?️ bring back the smileys i say

Post up the ones you want in the smiley thread and I'll sort something out skyrider!

What's next.....B&W Tellies? VHS Camcorders? 8 Track Cartridge Stereos?  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

Just now, XTreme said:

Post up the ones you want in the smiley thread and I'll sort something out skyrider!

What's next.....B&W Tellies? VHS Camcorders? 8 Track Cartridge Stereos?  :classic_laugh:

you forgot space hoppers

• Haha 2

since you asked:

If we manage to not turn every thread into the same hijacking repetitive mayhem like a few years ago, it'll continue to be ok. Repetitive trolling is what annoyed me in previous iterations, some days here remind me of that, more of that now than a month or two ago.

I am a little bit disappointed that the "emotions" option you use to react to posts or threads sometimes may take away from people actually commenting on something they like. For example; in ride reports, some people sometimes put effort into composing a decent presentation, be it with photos or text. They do that trying to share stuff with others, I think actually reading people's comments is what you should get back from it. 

I do like that I "know" and have friends in people I haven't actually met, simply from hanging out in the same place with them for decades. If most didn't live in a rain pestered island where people drive on the wrong side of the road I might even visit :classic_laugh:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

since you asked:

If we manage to not turn every thread into the same hijacking repetitive mayhem like a few years ago, it'll continue to be ok. Repetitive trolling is what annoyed me in previous iterations, some days here remind me of that, more of that now than a month or two ago.

I am a little bit disappointed that the "emotions" option you use to react to posts or threads sometimes may take away from people actually commenting on something they like. For example; in ride reports, some people sometimes put effort into composing a decent presentation, be it with photos or text. They do that trying to share stuff with others, I think actually reading people's comments is what you should get back from it. 

I do like that I "know" and have friends in people I haven't actually met, simply from hanging out in the same place with them for decades. If most didn't live in a rain pestered island where people drive on the wrong side of the road I might even visit :classic_laugh:

I've just come back from work and I am happy to report today I saw people driving on both sides of the road....towards me...... and also a man pulled up next to me in his car on a long one way road to ask directions. He was facing the wrong way!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I've just come back from work and I am happy to report today I saw people driving on both sides of the road....towards me...... and also a man pulled up next to me in his car on a long one way road to ask directions. He was facing the wrong way!

All that proves my point :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'm with you 100% on that Pedro......it is frustrating when you spend a lot of time on a report and get very few responses.....only Likes.

But that's the way things have gone now.......because of the influence of Social Media. That's why a lot of this type of software has moved in that direction.

We've tried to beat Social Media.....but we can't. The Internet is a different place compared to 2004.......now we have to try and compete with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm with you 100% on that Pedro......it is frustrating when you spend a lot of time on a report and get very few responses.....only Likes.

I´ll flounce the next time I spend an age editing a fucking video to only get a couple of likes  :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Clive said:

I look forward to @Pedro,s further tours/culinary postings?

But my posting seem to pale in comparison......well there is no comparison really.

You are a gentleman, Clive, regardless of what they say about you.

• Haha 1

I'm particularly interested in the views of members who've joined up since this place opened.....as in they weren't on any of it's predecessors.

Because a concern of mine is that due to most of the guys on here knowing each other for years, I don't want this place to appear cliquey or insular to people coming on for the first time.

That's pretty much the kiss of death for any forum these days......and bearing in mind that this site is pretty much The Last Chance Saloon, we need to get the balance right.

That's why I'm looking for feedback from the newer ones who started with us on this board! @Clive @Grasshopper's Ride @Earache @Swagman  @Richzx6r  @skyrider  ......or any of the others. I've included those as they post more regularly.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But that's the way things have gone now.......because of the influence of Social Media. That's why a lot of this type of software has moved in that direction.

We've tried to beat Social Media.....but we can't. The Internet is a different place compared to 2004.......now we have to try and compete with it.

I want to like your post but i don't now, your making me feel uncomfortable liking your post is this a form of bulling :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm particularly interested in the views of members who've joined up since this place opened.....as in they weren't on any of it's predecessors.

Because a concern of mine is that due to most of the guys on here knowing each other for years, I don't want this place to appear cliquey or insular to people coming on for the first time.

That's pretty much the kiss of death for any forum these days......and bearing in mind that this site is pretty much The Last Chance Saloon, we need to get the balance right.

That's why I'm looking for feedback from the newer ones who started with us on this board! @Clive @Grasshopper's Ride @Earache @Swagman  @Richzx6r  @skyrider  ......or any of the others. I've included those as they post more regularly.

I can honestly say if its cliquey then I havent really noticed it, I think it's more like welcoming banter to kinda make you feel abit more part of the forum, yes there are abrasive characters everywhere but it is more fun ribbing I think.

I like it here more than the other forum and as such have spent 95% of my time here since joining and so far am enjoying it here

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

You know i left school uneducated and unfit Bullying LOL

Your world class athletics facilities didn't do you any favours then Fred?

A nice spell in Borstal is what your kind needed! With @BusBoy as your cellmate! :banana121or:

• Haha 2

A forum should be like a pub or a cafe. You don't just go in and act like you know everyone there, you shouldn´t feel at ease talking to people online in a way that you wouldn't in real life. 

You get in, go peruse ride reports, a few discussions, and get a feel of the place, if you get in and act like a twat from the get go then that's just what you are*

*which is alright, if that's what you are in person as well :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Richzx6r said:

I can honestly say if its cliquey then I havent really noticed it, I think it's more like welcoming banter to kinda make you feel abit more part of the forum, yes there are abrasive characters everywhere but it is more fun ribbing I think.

I like it here more than the other forum and as such have spent 95% of my time here since joining and so far am enjoying it here

Thanks Rich.....I don't think it's cliquey......but I can't see it as a new member would. So that's why objective views like yours are really important.

• Like 2

I'm quite happy with the way it's been going, I have to say that Michelle's contributions have brought a whole different perspective to things ?

even if she hasn't shown us her hairy arse so far :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Like Rich I don’t find it cliquey and I haven’t spent much time on the other forum either, I like it on here because of the people that post they seem like a good bunch of lads, I must admit that my posts aren’t no where as intellectual as most others on here, I’m simply not that well versed as you all are yes I’m thick sue me, but I do find you guys entertaining in these sad dark days we have at the moment and I don’t believe there is another forum like it, well done Pete.?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3