Third Weekend in April!

XTreme

Took Mandy's car in for its service today, and did our weekly shopping.

I think that the weekend will involve trying to sort the carbs out on her bike. I got it started last weekend,  but had fuel pissing out of the carb overflow pipe, so I need to faff about with the float heights. I did check the heights against the settings in the manual before I put them back together, but it looks like more work is needed. Mandy got some clear tubing from work, so I'll put the float bowls back on and check the levels with fuel in the system.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tango said:

Took Mandy's car in for its service today, and did our weekly shopping.

I think that the weekend will involve trying to sort the carbs out on her bike. I got it started last weekend,  but had fuel pissing out of the carb overflow pipe, so I need to faff about with the float heights. I did check the heights against the settings in the manual before I put them back together, but it looks like more work is needed. Mandy got some clear tubing from work, so I'll put the float bowls back on and check the levels with fuel in the system.

What carbs does it have Bob ?  If they are Mikuni's (BST's) then the o rings perish where the float needle sits.  This causes the float bowl to overflow as the needle can't keep the float at the required level .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

What carbs does it have Bob ?  If they are Mikuni's (BST's) then the o rings perish where the float needle sits.  This causes the float bowl to overflow as the needle can't keep the float at the required level .

Good advice that is! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Good advice that is! :classic_unsure:

Get Wankstain to explain it, he will spend three days telling you how to unscrew the float bowl but never once mention the screws, screwdriver or float bowl.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

Get Wankstain to explain it, he will spend three days telling you how to unscrew the float bowl but never once mention the screws, screwdriver or float bowl.

And you will just say that if you believe then God will do it for you....

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

And you will just say that if you believe then God will do it for you....

No, I believe in stewardship. 

16 minutes ago, busabeast said:

All hail the ale

history channel al murray: why does everyone hate the english GIF by HISTORY UK

Shouldn't you be off stocking up on Yorkie bars?

• Haha 2

Going out to dinner with a couple of friends tonight, it looks like rain tonight so on´t want to take Maria's soft top as the top soaks up, decided to take the 320 even if it's in need of a proper service. Who needs brakes anyway?

so just for @Saul:

One main beam bulb was out, so got two and just fitted in 10 minutes, two Osram bulbs for 5€

IMG_4347.thumb.jpeg.d9fd04ebceda20e6e58eabb9d95d82c2.jpeg

Then checked the stoplights since I had a warning on the onboard "computer", as soon as I pressed them the warning went out, will look into it. Marvel in the sound of a rotting exhaust

And since it'll be parked outside for a while, also turned the alarm on, which surprised me by working perfectly after many years switched off!

There you go, happy motoring out to dinner!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Going out to dinner with a couple of friends tonight, it looks like rain tonight so on´t want to take Maria's soft top as the top soaks up, decided to take the 320 even if it's in need of a proper service. Who needs brakes anyway?

so just for @Saul:

One main beam bulb was out, so got two and just fitted in 10 minutes, two Osram bulbs for 5€

Then checked the stoplights since I had a warning on the onboard "computer", as soon as I pressed them the warning went out, will look into it. Marvel in the sound of a rotting exhaust

And since it'll be parked outside for a while, also turned the alarm on, which surprised me by working perfectly after many years switched off!

Thank you Pedro, I want that car or the UK  spec equivalent.   I wouldn’t give my E46 up for much but I would for a spotless E30.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Saul said:

Thank you Pedro, I want that car or the UK  spec equivalent.   I wouldn’t give my E46 up for much but I would for a spotless E30.   

It's not spotless though, it´s been abused (largely by me), is in serious need of love.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Watching it dry then 

It seems to be my favourite pass time....Sitting doing bugger all. 😂 

• Haha 3

I will get some more paint and finish the work, when I get my next pension payment. 👍 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

I will get some more paint and finish the work, when I get my next pension payment. 👍 

Mine's coming Monday!

Should be a couple of weeks at the increased rate included!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

so just for @Saul:

That XR400 is sitting there looking unloved .  It's about time you took it out for a run .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That looks more like a loudener :classic_laugh:

Regular Season Sport GIF by NBA

It's louder than the o/e but not offensive like a FMF pipe.  I'm very pleased with it even when fitting it tested my patience  a bit 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Mine's coming Monday!

Should be a couple of weeks at the increased rate included!

Mine is not due till the start of May, should get a full month of the new rate...

Make It Rain Money GIF by Satish Gaire

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Buckster said:

Shouldn't you be off stocking up on Yorkie bars?

20240419_205610.thumb.jpg.cead2c7269c35687277e22b9d605ac7b.jpg

i would have been but..... it was hospital time at 8pm and he was delivered at 8.25pm.

Both of them are doing very well, we've named him Leo, now that's enough dustbin lids for us, hopefully we will take him home Sunday morning. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Saul said:

Congratulations.  🙂

Thanks Saul, it was a close run thing though, we didn't have long before he'd have been born either at home or in the car, once we got to the delivery suite it was 12 minutes from the moment she got on the bed to him entering the world 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Thanks Saul, it was a close run thing though, we didn't have long before he'd have been born either at home or in the car, once we got to the delivery suite it was 12 minutes from the moment she got on the bed to him entering the world 

congratulations rich.

• Thanks 1