Last Weekend in March!

XTreme

And it's Easter weekend with the clocks going forward!

Easter weekend always makes me think of following the Transatlantic Series around in the 70's......I normally did Mallory and/or Oulton.

2(1).jpg.960155bde421add1adceb008e3be4901.jpg

Good times......not a care in the world and no responsibilities back then! Unlike now!

No hope of bringing on back the good times these days! Look at this shit! :classic_sad:

Screenshot2024-03-29105219.png.82dbd6eaa97e6e4a5bf2e3805ad4539a.png

So I'm sidelined......what about you?

• Like 5

I have the most exciting weekend.  Today I'm doing feckall , Saturday we will be walking the neighbours dogs and Sunday I have to get up at stupid o'clock to take my son and mother-in-law to church.

After that it gets slightly better as we will be stuffing our faces on Sunday afternoon (big easter nosh) and Monday I'll probably go into work.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Easter weekend always makes me think of following the Transatlantic Series around in the 70's......I normally did Mallory and/or Oulton.

Good times......not a care in the world and no responsibilities back then! Unlike now!

No hope of bringing on back the good times these days! Look at this shit! :classic_sad:

Monday looks warm though.... almost tropical 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I have the most exciting weekend.  Today I'm doing feckall , Saturday we will be walking the neighbours dogs and Sunday I have to get up at stupid o'clock to take my son and mother-in-law to church.

After that it gets slightly better as we will be stuffing our faces on Sunday afternoon (big easter nosh) and Monday I'll probably go into work.

Is this church at the other end of the country or something....

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Village People before they were famous  ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

We are again preparing the house for the boys arrival anytime from Monday up to the due date on the 22nd April so if I have any ideas of getting out for a ride it won't be a long one

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, busabeast said:

We are again preparing the house for the boys arrival anytime from Monday up to the due date on the 22nd April so if I have any ideas of getting out for a ride it won't be a long one

Keep the car well fueled and ready to go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

why did you always keep your lid on ?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Keep the car well fueled and ready to go!

It has ¼ of a tank in it at the moment, we're going to be having him in Sunderland Royal as that's where we had skye so going back to where we know.

Also the other hospitals around here are the same distance away from us.

We're just hoping that he waits until my mum comes up on the 15th April as we won't have anyone to look after skye until she's here

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Is this church at the other end of the country or something....

No but the clocks go forward and they like to go to the early mass

Pope Francis GIF

• Like 1

On this glorious Easter weekend I will be painting doors 😔 bugger all else to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

On this glorious Easter weekend I will be painting doors 😔 bugger all else to do.

Errr well you could eat too much chocolate Jimmy Fallon Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Errr well you could eat too much chocolate Jimmy Fallon Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I looked for a Easter egg, all I  could find were Gesture eggs. 😂 

I  recorded Jason and the Argonauts , my favorite film as a youngster, i shall watch that over the weekend at some point

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Six30 said:

I  recorded Jason and the Argonauts , my favorite film as a youngster, i shall watch that over the weekend at some point

I remember seeing that in the "pictures" when I was a kid!

Somehow we went from "the pictures" to "the cinema" to "the movies" within our lifetime!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

yes i usually went to oulton a good day out i went on my 350 LC and saw sheen roberts baldwin mamola haslam and the the rest of them and better weather then too

• Like 3

Had a little test ride on the dog with the new rear shock fitted today, first thoughts on it are very good just hope it lasts. I might get out for a proper ride tomorrow on it, Sunday is Easter rising a sort of mini rock festival thing at the local club, bands all afternoon until closing time i think we are going to that, Monday i will probably be recovering.
Oh and if it's raining i nipped down the scrap yard this morning to pick up some stainless steel bar so i can have a go at making new wheel spacers for the dog, the surface of the old ones are rough and damaging the seals so time for new ones.

• Like 1

Working tonight and Sunday.  Sunday during the day I am going to watch rugby,  the King of Prussia pub raises a team to play our team Lankelly-Fowey.    Always a bleddy laugh.  I played in 25 of them over the years 12 for Lankelly and 13 for Kings.    The Kings is usually old boys from Lankelly and a few ringers.    One year we had two Saffers and a chap from London Nigerians RFC turn out for the Kings.  🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Saul said:

Working tonight and Sunday.  Sunday during the day I am going to watch rugby,  the King of Prussia pub raises a team to play our team Lankelly-Fowey.    Always a bleddy laugh.  I played in 25 of them over the years 12 for Lankelly and 13 for Kings.    The Kings is usually old boys from Lankelly and a few ringers.    One year we had two Saffers and a chap from London Nigerians RFC turn out for the Kings.  🤣

Are you strapping on the boots then?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I remember seeing that in the "pictures" when I was a kid!

Somehow we went from "the pictures" to "the cinema" to "the movies" within our lifetime!

To netflix and staying at home!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Are you strapping on the boots then?

Mate I am 58 and made of balsa, not sure I would be much use 🤣     Last time I turned out for Kings was 10 years ago for a 20 minute cameo that nearly killed me 🤣.    Took me a month to get over it.  🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

To netflix and staying at home!

I’m happy to say that I’ve never watched anything on Netflix 

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I’m happy to say that I’ve never watched anything on Netflix 

why does that make you happy, some good series and films on there.

• Like 1

Just now, Six30 said:

why does that make you happy, some good series and films on there.

I agree with the annoying cunt!

I've been watching The Blacklist for most of this month.....really surprised by how good an actor James Spader is!

• Like 1