Last Weekend in March!

XTreme

31 minutes ago, Saul said:

Mate I am 58 and made of balsa, not sure I would be much use 🤣     Last time I turned out for Kings was 10 years ago for a 20 minute cameo that nearly killed me 🤣.    Took me a month to get over it.  🤣

Haha if I was as young as you I'd be strapping on my boots for a run around 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I’m happy to say that I’ve never watched anything on Netflix 

To be honest neither have I 

26 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I’m happy to say that I’ve never watched anything on Netflix 

You don't like Netflix as a company?

I watch stuff on Netflix, HBO, and now Plex as well. Don't really know any reason to ignore them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Haha if I was as young as you I'd be strapping on my boots for a run around 

Yeah Right!,  you can't even get you bike out of the garage let alone strap your boots on in ten years time 🤣.   

To be honest I don't think there is enough tape or Wintergreen to get me through the pre match warm up nowadays 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Yeah Right!,  you can't even get you bike out of the garage let alone strap your boots on in ten years time 🤣.   

To be honest I don't think there is enough tape or Wintergreen to get me through the pre match warm up nowadays 🤣

I'm honestly thinking about another season next season, my body appears to have recovered with the year out iv just had, I don't have aches and pains in places I never knew I had, and u honestly miss it so I guess before I can't I should 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Saul said:

Yeah Right!,  you can't even get you bike out of the garage let alone strap your boots on in ten years time

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 4

I'm honestly thinking about another season next season, my body appears to have recovered with the year out iv just had, I don't have aches and pains in places I never knew I had, and u honestly miss it so I guess before I can't I should 

You've made more comebacks than the Bay City Rollers FFS!

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, busabeast said:

That is a fair point, do it while you can.  Perhaps turn out for the friendlies and fun matches rather than a full season.  I eaked out a few more years doing that.  You will know in your heart when you've had enough.  I still spend plenty of time in the clubhouse running Lankelly Shout  (singing side), so heart and mind is still there even if the rest if fucked.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You've made more comebacks than the Bay City Rollers FFS!

You do know that is a cultural reference he will have to Google.  He wasn't born then 🤣

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Saul said:

That is a fair point, do it while you can.  Perhaps turn out for the friendlies and fun matches rather than a full season.  I eaked out a few more years doing that.  You will know in your heart when you've had enough.  I still spend plenty of time in the clubhouse running Lankelly Shout  (singing side), so heart and mind is still there even if the rest if fucked.  

I have played 2 games this whole season and they were both friendlies, I haven't really spent any time at the rugby club either I just went cold turkey which I've honestly struggled with abit mentally, the body has been over the moon with taking it easy but my head still can't get my head round not playing.

Though I've noticed my head is constantly in abit of a fog it's difficult to describe but it's like I'm there but at the same time I'm not 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

I have played 2 games this whole season and they were both friendlies, I haven't really spent any time at the rugby club either I just went cold turkey which I've honestly struggled with abit mentally, the body has been over the moon with taking it easy but my head still can't get my head round not playing.

Though I've noticed my head is constantly in abit of a fog it's difficult to describe but it's like I'm there but at the same time I'm not 

Sport is great for your mental health.  I struggled when I gave up, luckily for me I found choir, a team event that also releases your serotonin.  Not for everyone I know but it worked for me.   👍

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Saul said:

Sport is great for your mental health.  I struggled when I gave up, luckily for me I found choir, a team event that also releases your serotonin.  Not for everyone I know but it worked for me.   👍

Well I was planning on the trackbike being a difference to rugby but funds haven't really worked out to give me the trackdays so I've decided that the trackbike at least for the time being is surplus to requirements and should really go to someone who can use it as intended and I'll keep to rugby at least for a while 

• Like 2

Just now, busabeast said:

Well I was planning on the trackbike being a difference to rugby but funds haven't really worked out to give me the trackdays so I've decided that the trackbike at least for the time being is surplus to requirements and should really go to someone who can use it as intended and I'll keep to rugby at least for a while 

I tried track days when I gave up rugby, in cars.   Can be fun but a real can of worms in terms of expense especially if you have that competitive gene.  😳

• Like 3

you'll be doing fuck all as soon as the mrs drops the next dustbin lid

• Haha 3

Just now, Saul said:

I tried track days when I gave up rugby, in cars.   Can be fun but a real can of worms in terms of expense especially if you have that competitive gene.  😳

Just getting the money to pay for a trackday let alone fuel and other expenses is just more than I can afford so it's not really something I can do right now even though I really enjoyed doing trackdays 

• Like 3

Just now, Six30 said:

you'll be doing fuck all as soon as the mrs drops the next dustbin lid

Well its the end of the season just about now so by time the new season arrives everything should be in order

• Like 2

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

I remember seeing that in the "pictures" when I was a kid!

Somehow we went from "the pictures" to "the cinema" to "the movies" within our lifetime!

What about the Flicks ?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Renegade said:

What about the Flicks ?

Hell....forgot that one!

Remember Saturday Morning Pictures? I used to go to the one in The Odeon in Sketty!

• Like 1

We went to a "do" in the village on Sunday daytime and then a meal and band Sunday evening.  Then we went to Sete yesterday for a tall ships gathering. Mandy has gone back to work today for a rest! 

IMG_20240331_221654.thumb.jpg.b3c244b663a9108733fedeb7f9edcd63.jpg

IMG_20240401_112107.thumb.jpg.f3573f86a1397fc12e53a68412fd0f96.jpg

IMG_20240401_113438.thumb.jpg.3de2cb724bbfa6cb666234599e99a1cb.jpg

IMG_20240401_112947.thumb.jpg.63590a1d98d6408cff62aaeef672a4d7.jpg

IMG_20240401_112527.thumb.jpg.3b9115b4027e67f4ca16edfd8268a704.jpg

IMG_20240401_121527.thumb.jpg.d1ed967aea4faa025260faf067aeadb6.jpg

IMG_20240401_121627.thumb.jpg.e282064df11a3c20ccbda8a18e8bc616.jpg

IMG_20240401_144345.thumb.jpg.99d06012c5709295e5d1ee507a4eb905.jpg

IMG_20240401_115156.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

We went to a "do" in the village on Sunday daytime and then a meal and band Sunday evening.  Then we went to Sete yesterday for a tall ships gathering. Mandy has gone back to work today for a rest! 

IMG_20240331_221654.thumb.jpg.b3c244b663a9108733fedeb7f9edcd63.jpg

IMG_20240401_112107.thumb.jpg.f3573f86a1397fc12e53a68412fd0f96.jpg

IMG_20240401_113438.thumb.jpg.3de2cb724bbfa6cb666234599e99a1cb.jpg

IMG_20240401_112947.thumb.jpg.63590a1d98d6408cff62aaeef672a4d7.jpg

IMG_20240401_112527.thumb.jpg.3b9115b4027e67f4ca16edfd8268a704.jpg

IMG_20240401_121527.thumb.jpg.d1ed967aea4faa025260faf067aeadb6.jpg

IMG_20240401_121627.thumb.jpg.e282064df11a3c20ccbda8a18e8bc616.jpg

IMG_20240401_144345.thumb.jpg.99d06012c5709295e5d1ee507a4eb905.jpg

IMG_20240401_115156.jpg

Nice one Bob!

What's happening with the change of bike?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Nice one Bob!

What's happening with the change of bike?

The dealer needed to get it prepared, which would take around 2 weeks........that was nearly a month ago! 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

The dealer needed to get it prepared, which would take around 2 weeks........that was nearly a month ago!

Even the Lazy Dagos here could do better than that!

Just now, XTreme said:

Even the Lazy Dagos here could do better than that!

And when we phoned them for an update, all we got was: We'll phone you when it's ready! 😂😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Tango said:

And when we phoned them for an update, all we got was: We'll phone you when it's ready! 😂😂

By the way......did you see that MarkW from the other place has joined?

• Like 1