Rugby World Cup 2023

busabeast

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Is it me Rich or do you seem to be obsessed with who the Ref is for any given game in this World Cup ...............

Eavesdropping Lea Michele GIF

It's not so much obsessed with who the ref is but there are certain refs who are known to be blind depending on who is playing, especially if it is England, the last world cup between England and New Zealand in one bit of play lawes had his toe nail off side at a ruck and was pinged up yet in the proceeding phases I counted 11 penalty offences yet the ref only counted 2.

So I think I have every right to be dubious about refs and what they do and don't see.

Not to mention the bunker review bod who seems to have gone quiet during the last few games.

I still stand by that curry red card was nothing but blatant let's try to fuck up the England teams hopes seen as there have been countless pretty identical tackles that only ended in a yellow or purely went without citation in some way.

Also do you not remember the episode with a certain French ref during a Wales vs England 6N game where he told farrell to talk to the team then no sooner than he called all the players in he said time was back on and Wales scored an unobstructed try from a kick.

Now tell me im obsessed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

It's not so much obsessed with who the ref is but there are certain refs who are known to be blind depending on who is playing, especially if it is England, the last world cup between England and New Zealand in one bit of play lawes had his toe nail off side at a ruck and was pinged up yet in the proceeding phases I counted 11 penalty offences yet the ref only counted 2.

So I think I have every right to be dubious about refs and what they do and don't see.

Not to mention the bunker review bod who seems to have gone quiet during the last few games.

I still stand by that curry red card was nothing but blatant let's try to fuck up the England teams hopes seen as there have been countless pretty identical tackles that only ended in a yellow or purely went without citation in some way.

Also do you not remember the episode with a certain French ref during a Wales vs England 6N game where he told farrell to talk to the team then no sooner than he called all the players in he said time was back on and Wales scored an unobstructed try from a kick.

Now tell me im obsessed 

That sounds like football fans talking about referees.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That sounds like football fans talking about referees.

Maybe though im definitely as far away from a football fan as anybody could ever be.

It's just that it gets my goat when one team has the run of the green and anytime the opposition get parity at set piece or its a 50/50 decision for the officials it goes the way of the team who have the ref in their pockets.

But unlike football there is respect shown to little Jimmy cranky on the whistle

13 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Maybe though im definitely as far away from a football fan as anybody could ever be.

It's just that it gets my goat when one team …

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, busabeast said:

Now tell me im obsessed 

You sound like my Welsh mate when any of their games are done by an English referee :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Saul said:

Wow close exciting game.    England in the semis.  Bloody well played Fiji.   

If we play like that against France or South Africa, I can’t see us winning. Nearly threw it away, but I think on balance we just about deserved it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skippy said:

If we play like that against France or South Africa, I can’t see us winning. Nearly threw it away, but I think on balance we just about deserved it.

Without a doubt, we need to find that something extra and he needs to put farrell out to pasture he doesn't have that edge anymore 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Without a doubt, we need to find that something extra and he needs to put farrell out to pasture he doesn't have that edge anymore 

I can't see England making the final.   

Post RWC there needs to be a big clear out, to much dead wood for me.  I would bin Billie, Sincs, Dan Cole, Ben Youngs, Jonny May, Manu.   Also have big question marks over Faz, Marler, Will Stuwart, Danny Care.   They need to build a fresh team, plenty of talent left at home.   But Borthers won't so England are heading for more years of mediocrity.   Now if they go on and win the RWC and prove I know fuck all about it  🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

To be honest I thought the welsh did well given where they were before Christmas.   Gatland has done well.   

"The Welsh did well"

I haver never heard a sentence with that in before.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Saul said:

I can't see England making the final.   

Post RWC there needs to be a big clear out, to much dead wood for me.  I would bin Billie, Sincs, Dan Cole, Ben Youngs, Jonny May, Manu.   Also have big question marks over Faz, Marler, Will Stuwart, Danny Care.   They need to build a fresh team, plenty of talent left at home.   But Borthers won't so England are heading for more years of mediocrity.   Now if they go on and win the RWC and prove I know fuck all about it  🤣

Agree with most of those calls, I still think Dan Cole and marler have something to contribute along with jonny may.

The rest of those you've earmarked would definitely get the chop. Faz and Billy vunipola haven't been there for quite some time 

8 minutes ago, Saul said:

To be honest I thought the welsh did well given where they were before Christmas.   Gatland has done well.   

I'm surprised they were where they were when they went out 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I love Marler and Dan Cole but they are both getting long in the tooth.   Both great props in the Premiership but the World game has moved on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saul said:

Don't get me wrong I love Marler and Dan Cole but they are both getting long in the tooth.   Both great props in the Premiership but the World game has moved on. 

But I think that's what is needed up front, a pair of older don't give a fuck props 

Loose head would have to be Val Repava Ruskin for me, tight head is more of a problem.   Cole aint making the next RWC, he is 36 now.   Awesome in his day, still a competent scrummager but he is missing in the loose play.  Marler is still a tacking machine and very good in the scrum.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

Loose head would have to be Val Repava Ruskin for me, tight head is more of a problem.   Cole aint making the next RWC, he is 36 now.   Awesome in his day, still a competent scrummager but he is missing in the loose play.  Marler is still a tacking machine and very good in the scrum.  

Have to agree with val he's very underrated. 

Tighthead is always the sticking point and I cant really pick a Tighthead off the top of my head that fits the bill 

• Like 1