Second Weekend in June!

XTreme

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Ignore the Hanoverian wankers Saul. Bunch of fucking Germans they are!

You come over to the Celts Corner with me, @Renegade, @Sir Fallsalot, and @Specs!

Easy Rider Yes GIF

Us Celts are the tops.

image.png.3bc9fe42167a11004f65ef74c2dc7b52.png

The "Foil Cape of Brynaman" is a 3rd century relic made from pure platinum which was, at the time, mined exclusively in the British Isles near Prestatyn. The cape was beaten from a single piece of platinum, probably using deer antler & conkers. The cape was unearthed in 1938 in upper Brynaman by a local farmer whilst clearing an old well. Incredibly he used the cape to patch a hole in a shed roof until it was recognised for what it was 30 years later, when a travelling antiques dealer spotted it gleaming in the summer sun. The cape was taken to the British Museum for verification and restoration. The farmer received £1000 in compensation from the Queen which he used to buy the first Ford Capri in West Wales at a cost of £890. The cape is believed to have been commissioned by Arglwydd Arfryn (Lord Arfryn) a fierce warlord who ruled all the lands from Garnant to Cwmllynfell. He was defeated at the battle of Cwm Gors by Sir Keith of Monmouth in 378. Sir Keith happened to be passing through when he accidentally spilt a pint of mead belonging to Arfryn in the beer garden of the Queen of Hearts. All hell broke loose and Arfryn, who was on his ninth pint, was slain as he attempted to order a tenth mid battle. Sir Keith continued on his journey, and the area, particularly north of the Napoli pizza and kebab takeaway has remained lawless until this very day. The local heritage society is raising funds in order to commission a replica of the cape and to restore the Ford Capri, both of which would go on display in the proposed Upper Brynaman Museum which will have a cafe serving hot and cold snacks and Welshcakes.

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I am with a company called giffgaff (been with them 8 years now) and I had no problems with roaming in Italy this year, exactly the same cost as in UK.

https://www.giffgaff.com/

Thumbs up for Giffgaff, whole family has been on it for years.  👍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Saul said:

Thumbs up for Giffgaff, whole family has been on it for years.  👍

I am with EE.....Have been since I bought this phone, roaming charges are of no concern for me.

Every 3 months they up my  minutes talk time for free 😂 😂 😂 

15 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

No problem with roaming on my phone as long as I don’t phone home when abroad it’s all inclusive but on the sea it’s a different matter as you have to use the ships Wi-Fi  nothing to do with the EU you are just fishing again lol 

Like you say. Don't use it on the ship!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Saul said:

That's bollocks Bob, may be below 50% now and falling but we still are ethnically Celtcs,  and who defines what a true Celt is and by what measure.    

I thought that Cornwall, much like a great deal of rural Wales, is overrun with Ingurlisch retirees? Not many of us true Celts left these days.

IMG_0804.thumb.jpeg.10741555baa1dc5e4065276d42dd688f.jpeg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Renegade said:

Us Celts are the tops.

image.png.3bc9fe42167a11004f65ef74c2dc7b52.png

The "Foil Cape of Brynaman" is a 3rd century relic made from pure platinum which was, at the time, mined exclusively in the British Isles near Prestatyn. The cape was beaten from a single piece of platinum, probably using deer antler & conkers. The cape was unearthed in 1938 in upper Brynaman by a local farmer whilst clearing an old well. Incredibly he used the cape to patch a hole in a shed roof until it was recognised for what it was 30 years later, when a travelling antiques dealer spotted it gleaming in the summer sun. The cape was taken to the British Museum for verification and restoration. The farmer received £1000 in compensation from the Queen which he used to buy the first Ford Capri in West Wales at a cost of £890. The cape is believed to have been commissioned by Arglwydd Arfryn (Lord Arfryn) a fierce warlord who ruled all the lands from Garnant to Cwmllynfell. He was defeated at the battle of Cwm Gors by Sir Keith of Monmouth in 378. Sir Keith happened to be passing through when he accidentally spilt a pint of mead belonging to Arfryn in the beer garden of the Queen of Hearts. All hell broke loose and Arfryn, who was on his ninth pint, was slain as he attempted to order a tenth mid battle. Sir Keith continued on his journey, and the area, particularly north of the Napoli pizza and kebab takeaway has remained lawless until this very day. The local heritage society is raising funds in order to commission a replica of the cape and to restore the Ford Capri, both of which would go on display in the proposed Upper Brynaman Museum which will have a cafe serving hot and cold snacks and Welshcakes.

I'm pretty sure @zzzak has that same cape.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Specs said:

I thought that Cornwall, much like a great deal of rural Wales, is overrun with Ingurlisch retirees? Not many of us true Celts left these days.

IMG_0804.thumb.jpeg.10741555baa1dc5e4065276d42dd688f.jpeg

Tis true but there are still a significant number of us Kernewek left but we are outnumbered and outspent that is for sure. 

https://www.quora.com/Do-Cornish-people-consider-themselves-Celts#:~:text=As we know%2C identity vary,«P-Celtic»).

This is also worryingly true.  

Related

Do most Cornish people consider themselves English?

A lot of us call ourselves Cornish because, well, we are. And being granted minority status means we can.

But some Cornish refer to themselves as English because they want to distance themselves from the small yet determined few who make Cornish Nationalism into something hostile and dangerous.

We all get tarred with the same brush unfortunately. I'm a proud Cornish maid but that doesn't mean I buy into all of the anti England rubbish. I, just like the majority of us, know that we depend on tourism (from England and further afield) to survive in our county.

And for the record most of us from, my experience, think of the English as great neighbors, not invaders.   But the rich and entitled of whatever group that move here do make life difficult for us all.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Saul said:

Tis true but there are still a significant number of us Kernewek left but we are outnumbered and outspent that is for sure. 

https://www.quora.com/Do-Cornish-people-consider-themselves-Celts#:~:text=As we know%2C identity vary,«P-Celtic»).

This is also worryingly true.  

And for the record most of us from, my experience, think of the English as great neighbors, not invaders.   But the rich and entitled of whatever group that move here do make life difficult for us all.   

It could be worse. 

• Haha 2