Second Weekend in June!

XTreme

Finally......things are changing for the better!

Screenshot2023-06-09110232.jpg.0d7d6b674ed03b3f05c396d55cae73a1.jpg

But the wife has announced that we've got to go to the fucking Garden Centre in Caniles tomorrow!

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Should be all clear on Sunday though!

easy rider GIF

So what you got planned?

Ride reports are desperately needed or we're going to look like a bunch of casuals who spend all their time gardening!

Snap Out Of It Gordon Ramsay GIF by BBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Picking up some supplies and I think the pool opens this weekend so I'll be busy doing sweet fa. 

Hooray for doing fuck all. 

Any update on Mr Slowly's arrival? Or is he still caught up in the domestic back there?

• Like 1

Looks like a (normal) quiet weekend........no gardening involved. 😂 

A ride out 😲...dare not ask. 😂 Behind Bars Prison GIF by GritTV

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Clive said:

Looks like a (normal) quiet weekend........no gardening involved. 😂 

A ride out 😲...dare not ask. 😂 Behind Bars Prison GIF by GritTV

When you going to get yourself a proper avatar Clive?

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Any update on Mr Slowly's arrival? Or is he still caught up in the domestic back there?

Yes and no. 

He's extracting himself from things now other family can be put in the frame 😉 but he's not completely out. 

The kitchen fitters are looking at the flat next Thursday and he's been offered tickets to go and see Tenacious D on the Friday which would be shame to miss out on for the sake of one more day. 

If all that goes to plan and everything else stays settled (please god) then flight straight after 🤞

We'll see. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What a lovely neat shed!

It is not big enough to let it get in a mess.

Crap stuff I throw away as soon as possible,  there is nothing much in there nowdays, since the Boxing night thieves stole most of the tools.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You wanna be careful posting stuff like that.

Six will be asking for a visit and bringing his sleeping bag 😂

Amenities are a bit lacking, no electrics or toilet facilities,  still worth £25 a night. 😂 

• Haha 4

Took Paolo too his club this morning then did the grocery shopping.  Ersilia has just gone off to visit her Mum in hospital, she's on a ward now after spending last night in a corridor :classic_rolleyes:

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

she's on a ward now after spending last night in a corridor

That's awful!  For both patients and staff!

But we know who's responsible........and they'll keep deliberately running into the ground to sell it off!

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Clive said:

Amenities are a bit lacking, no electrics or toilet facilities,  still worth £25 a night. 😂 

Six would offer you £65 gladly that's 5 star to his usual frequents

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Six would offer you £65 gladly that's 5 star to his usual frequents

Camping Camper Van GIF by Outside Van

He won't need it when he has converted a Transit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clive said:

Camping Camper Van GIF by Outside Van

He won't need it when he has converted a Transit.

He's going to end up living on a caravan site with the likes of Big John Fury.

They could probably get him a gig on the Waltzers if he played his cards right.

• Haha 2

I've just come back from watching a mate playing lead guitar in a steely dan tribute gig. Was pretty good but my ears are ringing a bit. Only to walk in on the misses, 3 parts pissed blasting out Les Mis louder than what I've been listening to.
I just tried to point out the time and she just said, "don't care". :classic_laugh:
Think I might get a word or two off the neighbours tomorrow.:classic_huh:

Tomorrow I should be collecting some patio furniture for younger son and watching the sprint race in the afternoon. That is all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Riding moto support for the Ironman race in Boulder, CO tomorrow.

Just got back from our pre-race briefing. Apparently a moto got tangled up with a bicycle in last week's race in Germany. Rider was killed. So they're being super critical of the moto's right now. See video below.

Pretty good gig though - paying us $175 per moto for about 3 hours work.

After Saturday's race, I'll be marshalling a 6 day ride across Colorado beginning on Sunday. Only $150 a day for that but should be fun.

Wifey snagged me a free room in Boulder, too !

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Earache said:

Riding moto support for the Ironman race in Boulder, CO tomorrow.

Just got back from our pre-race briefing. Apparently a moto got tangled up with a bicycle in last week's race in Germany. Rider was killed. So they're being super critical of the moto's right now. See video below.

Pretty good gig though - paying us $175 per moto for about 3 hours work.

After Saturday's race, I'll be marshalling a 6 day ride across Colorado beginning on Sunday. Only $150 a day for that but should be fun.

Wifey snagged me a free room in Boulder, too !

Not the first time a motorbike has caused a nasty collision at a bike race. When I followed cycling it was a shock to see how little slow control the motorcyclists had and I did wonder if they were worth the risk!

• Like 1

I went to the supermarket yesterday which turned into a bit of a pita cos they’ve closed the road I take and I ended up on a massive detour 🙄

Then due to my long circuitous route I needed fuel asap and although I’ve seemlessly navigated a million fuel stops in France and Spain I could not make the pump work.

It was bloody Fish Friday so the supermarket and fuel station was heaving, me and my British number plate caused a blockage for quite some time while kiosk people had to come out and help.. twice!

Turns out if you tap the ‘full tank’ option on the prepay screen it does not work, you have to select £100 or under.
Sometimes Lo siento just doesn’t cover it!

I dragged my red faced self around the supermarket hoping all the people queuing watching me Frank Spencer fuelling up weren’t in the supermarket when I came across this- 

IMG_0345.thumb.jpeg.b624e1f50573f11f793d12e6fb5081c4.jpeg

Spain has made a wine just for me 😆
Can’t remember the last time I had an alcoholic beverage so this morning my head really hurts!

This was on display in the supermarket, better than most supermarket promotions! Not worth drinking 0% beer to enter though!

IMG_0344.thumb.jpeg.3d1aedb4ef21140d5e230a711986d3a3.jpeg

• Like 4

Went to Royal Cornwall show yesterday with the Mrs and my daughters.    Hell for me but horsey for them.   
I was lucky though as I met up with a load of mates from my old choir (Loveny) who were singing on one of the events stages closely followed by my favourite local band called The Countrymen.   So that redeemed the day for me.  

IMG_0205.thumb.jpeg.19ac997d2eb78ad65db2f771e2b5709c.jpegIMG_0206.thumb.jpeg.5f38a104cc0288d4f32544092e4102bd.jpegIMG_0198.thumb.jpeg.fa3721175200fb24b344d2d59e837ba9.jpegIMG_0203.thumb.jpeg.57f5a1937deb2733603af372855301fa.jpegIMG_0202.thumb.jpeg.926e3a73feb0a9a5d0f1594dd32ad478.jpegIMG_0201.thumb.jpeg.e6b481d3b5291e4b508f4fc667880932.jpegIMG_0199.thumb.jpeg.60b8e62a85ba9e17e66e964073e799c4.jpeg

Saturday I am singing with my choir up in England in a beautiful little Esturary village called Noss Mayo.   Gotta solo to sing as well as singing the feature part in a couple of songs.  Weird having 40 backing singers but should be fine.  

Sunday I hope to be out early for a biking bimble and My last overnight shift with  the 111 service.   Be glad for a Kip on Monday. 

• Like 6