Yens graveyard music thread

yen_powell

1 hour ago, Tango said:

First heard this when I was 16 and still play it regularly.  What songs have stuck with you since your teenage years?

When i was growing up there was no music in the house other than the classical music my father listened to or the odd chance of listening to top of the pops when the parents weren't around which wasn't very often. i started working with South Wales Electricity Board at the age of 16 and in their training center there was a record player, first day there one of the lads put this on, it blew my mind never heard anything like it before and shaped my taste in music from then on. still gives me goosebumps now 

• Like 4

I was 13 when I sneaked into the front room to watch the Old Grey Whistle Test and saw this . it blew my mind.  I then saved two weeks paper round money and went and bought the Ziggy album .

• Like 3

My older sisters and their boyfriends music got my attention but hearing Genesis selling England by the pound in my Neighbours car was a turning point. I'd heard the main hit a couple of times on the radio but this record was the one that started me buying albums on the strength of a couple of radio hits. Or recording them as I never was any good with money.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I was 13 when I sneaked into the front room to watch the Old Grey Whistle Test and saw this . it blew my mind.  I then saved two weeks paper round money and went and bought the Ziggy album .

I listen to Nation rocks through an app on my phone when out in the car or van, there's no adverts or DJ's on there fucking great, now where was i going oh yeah they play this regular and when they do the volume always goes up 

• Like 4

On 18/11/2022 at 17:58, Sir Fallsalot said:

I listen to Nation rocks through an app on my phone when out in the car or van, there's no adverts or DJ's on there fucking great, now where was i going oh yeah they play this regular and when they do the volume always goes up 

I'm loosing my mind this is the song i was referring to 

• Like 2

So, most days I can't remember what I had for breakfast, or even what day it is! But how come I can remember most of the lyrics to this song that I first heard nearly 50 years ago? 🤔 😂😂

• Like 2