Yens graveyard music thread

yen_powell

2 hours ago, Clive said:

Think I should keep off this thread, my understanding of some of these groups is on par with my understanding of particle physics. ................zero. 😃 

But I know what a car hooter looks like, and how it works.

Are we allowed to say hooters

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Did someone say Hooters

c0749f3fa334b6691cbec1fb3abdc0ad.jpg.160d9a1b73598222eddae0eba73ecb35.jpg

I used to have a Hooters name badge from Kimberley, who served us on one of my trips to the USA many years ago. 😉👍

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Still making music

I saw one of the Saxon groups a few years ago at a BMF show. Not this original Biff type singer, but they were still bloody good. Heavy Metal Thunder is regularly played in the garage, but not during work needing a gentle touch, Denim and Leather for that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I saw one of the Saxon groups a few years ago at a BMF show. Not this original Biff type singer, but they were still bloody good. Heavy Metal Thunder is regularly played in the garage, but not during work needing a gentle touch, Denim and Leather for that.

My boy and the wife went to see them last week 2 years after she bought the tickets due to covid cancelations, it was supposed to be one of the boys 16th birthday presents 

• Like 2

Battle for band name and Lionheart (2003–2006)[edit]

In 1999, former members Graham Oliver and Steven Dawson registered 'Saxon' as a trade mark. They then maintained that they had exclusive rights to the name and tried to prevent Biff Byford and Saxon's promoters and merchandisers from using the name. Byford applied to the Trade Mark Registry to have the trade mark declared invalid. He applied on the basis that the registration had been obtained in bad faith and that he was entitled to prevent use of the trade mark by bringing an action for 'passing off', that is an action to stop others misrepresenting themselves as Saxon. In 2003, the High Court declared that it was Byford and the current members of the band who owned the name, and were therefore in a position to prevent Oliver and Dawson passing themselves off as Saxon.[10] After this Oliver and Dawson renamed their band Oliver/Dawson Saxon.

I think I saw Oliver Dawson Saxon

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Battle for band name and Lionheart (2003–2006)[edit]

In 1999, former members Graham Oliver and Steven Dawson registered 'Saxon' as a trade mark. They then maintained that they had exclusive rights to the name and tried to prevent Biff Byford and Saxon's promoters and merchandisers from using the name. Byford applied to the Trade Mark Registry to have the trade mark declared invalid. He applied on the basis that the registration had been obtained in bad faith and that he was entitled to prevent use of the trade mark by bringing an action for 'passing off', that is an action to stop others misrepresenting themselves as Saxon. In 2003, the High Court declared that it was Byford and the current members of the band who owned the name, and were therefore in a position to prevent Oliver and Dawson passing themselves off as Saxon.[10] After this Oliver and Dawson renamed their band Oliver/Dawson Saxon.

I think I saw Oliver Dawson Saxon

The boy seen whats left of the original band with  Diamond head supporting 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Best act I ever saw at the BMF show was a Hendrix tribute, mind you I was pissed, and a woman asked if she could get on my shoulders to flash her tits so that might have swayed my recolection of how good he was 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Best act I ever saw at the BMF show was a Hendrix tribute, mind you I was pissed, and a woman asked if she could get on my shoulders to flash her tits so that might have swayed my recolection of how good he was 🤪

And of course you replied, "Madame, we have not been formally introduced!"

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Sid you have two legs then? :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Sid you have two legs then? :classic_unsure:

No and the look on her face when she climbed down and my mate lifted my trouser leg to show her my leg was priceless, she then gave me a huge smacker on the lips.

Btw , who the feck is Sid  ?

really-shrug.gif.860813367ff1b7e777016af5f5ed2995.gif

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Music I've been listening to tonight

Ahh yes, all through my youth I was told to not play that shitty loud music all the time, then one day it was, play the Daley Thompson song, play the Daley Thompson song.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yen posts The Osmonds!

We're seriously fucked now!

They were a decent live outfit when they rocked it up a bit , not so much when it was Donny doing 'puppy love'  🙄

• Haha 2