Lid … how long

Six30

Going through some old photos ,

this was from 2013 , and I still got that lid , still wear it , its comfortable , has a few marks and scratches , never dropped it though …. how long should you keep a lid .

39994B62-5895-423F-B8F6-5FF282EA04D4.jpeg

• Like 1

They say 5 years, but I kept my Shoeis for over 10 years......this HJC I have now is 7 years old.

I'll probably change it next year.

• Like 1

I keep mine until I feel like changing them, they get a hard life from the summer sweat and dust. Also it seems like I can't help but drop them, the last one was bounced down a cobblestone street (my head not inside, thankfully), the current one knocked off my bike by a monkey...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

It’s definitely something I’m constantly concerned about.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Yes, I do!

Fell right on a rock and knocked one of the pinlock pins off, I don't use pinlock so now I've got a square of duct tape to close that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

It’s definitely something I’m constantly concerned about.

I leave the helmet on the seat a lot of the times, but now not when there are monkey around!

Jersey Shore Mike Sorrentino GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I leave the helmet on the seat a lot of the times, but now not when there are monkey around!

Yeh I do the same!

• Haha 3

I always put my lid over one of the mirrors but lately have taken to leaving it on the top box.  Oh course if you have a SH(it) top box it'll probably just slide off :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Jersey Shore Mike Sorrentino GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

I always look around for monkeys when I park the bike for just this reason.

• Haha 2

Mine fell and bounced a few times from waist height then rolled along our new town hall's heritage floor last week. I got a few looks in case I had broken their flooring.

I did the carrying two bags a coat and a crash hat 'hand swap trick', you think you have all the straps in your new hand but one isn't. Won't be the last time that catches me out.

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Mine fell and bounced a few times from waist height then rolled along our new town hall's heritage floor last week. I got a few looks in case I had broken their flooring.

I did the carrying two bags a coat and a crash hat 'hand swap trick', you think you have all the straps in your new hand but one isn't. Won't be the last time that catches me out.

I looked at those helmet carry straps, essentially a long bit of webbing with the corresponding ratchet end to fit your lid but I don't think I could be bothered to carry it when I'm not using it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I looked at those helmet carry straps, essentially a long bit of webbing with the corresponding ratchet end to fit your lid but I don't think I could be bothered to carry it when I'm not using it. 

You need a nice Shad Top Box you do!

I've got form......

FILE1848.JPG.116b92d5fb7851488bb20ce5af73b3d1.JPG

• Haha 5

I'm always smashing my helmet into things can't seem to help it. At the moment my helmet looks like its been raped by a troop of monkeys it's had a right old battering and it's covered in shit, so in the process of looking for a new one but never spend much because of the abuse it receives. Usually change it every 3 to 4 years depending on wear and tear 

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Six30 said:

Going through some old photos ,

this was from 2013 , and I still got that lid , still wear it , its comfortable , has a few marks and scratches , never dropped it though …. how long should you keep a lid .

39994B62-5895-423F-B8F6-5FF282EA04D4.jpeg

if you like it keep it

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

my helmet looks like its been raped by a troop of monkeys it's had a right old battering and it's covered in shit,

Shocked Oh My God GIF

• Haha 1