Asylum seekers on barges?

Cupid Stunt

WTF?
They could at least plan it so the barges are a bit further off shore, you know more than swimming distance, they're talking like 200 meters.
I reckon about 40 miles........Β  Β  East of Dover should do the trick πŸ™‚
I know, how about we pay them to row their boats back taking some of those people in 14 hour queues trying to get to France. everyone is happy then.

So, that's my PC thread of the year done, I'll tell it like it is next time πŸ™‚

Why even accommodate them, stick them on a cargo plane and take them to Africa, there are probably a few dictators somewhere looking for slaves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I know, how about we pay them to row their boats back taking some of those people in 14 hour queues trying to get to France. everyone is happy then.

Β 

this is why the people traffickers put hem in boats that are already sinking before they set out, that they'll be rescued rather than turned around to face certain drowning. add to that the fact that the channel is the worlds busiest shipping lane and a fairly dangerous place to be in a small unseaworthy boat that shows up on no radars and is invisible from the bridge of any moderate size ship. Add to that the fact that international maritime law obliges any vessel to render assistance to another vessel in distress, and the ownwe r and captain of a vessel refusing to do so would not only lose their jobs and never work again, but could also potentially be sued by the WMO and Lloyds ( or both), and there you have the ideal situation fo the people smugglers to exploit international law to their advantage.

Β I should also pont out that as the English insist that the body of water in question is the ENGLISH channel and belongs to ENGLAND then by the same reasoning anything floating about unclaimed in it also belongs to themΒ :rofl:

Anyway, is it surprising that everybody wants to go and live in England? πŸ€”It is, after all, and always has been, the best country in the world. No?Β πŸ‘

40 minutes ago, MooN said:

this is why the people traffickers put hem in boats that are already sinking before they set out, that they'll be rescued rather than turned around to face certain drowning. add to that the fact that the channel is the worlds busiest shipping lane and a fairly dangerous place to be in a small unseaworthy boat that shows up on no radars and is invisible from the bridge of any moderate size ship. Add to that the fact that international maritime law obliges any vessel to render assistance to another vessel in distress, and the ownwe r and captain of a vessel refusing to do so would not only lose their jobs and never work again, but could also potentially be sued by the WMO and Lloyds ( or both), and there you have the ideal situation fo the people smugglers to exploit international law to their advantage.

Β I should also pont out that as the English insist that the body of water in question is the ENGLISH channel and belongs to ENGLAND then by the same reasoning anything floating about unclaimed in it also belongs to themΒ :rofl:

Anyway, is it surprising that everybody wants to go and live in England? πŸ€”It is, after all, and always has been, the best country in the world. No?Β πŸ‘

Better than France anyway or they would stay there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Better than France anyway or they would stay there.

Do they get put up in four star hotels, be given clothes and phones and lots of benefits there, thought not.

8 hours ago, MooN said:

It resembles an idyllic paradise similar to the images depicted on the cover of the Jehovah's Witnesses "Watchtower" magazine I heard!

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It resembles an idyllic paradise similar to the images depicted on the cover of the Jehovah's Witnesses "Watchtower" magazine I've read!

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

53 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Why cant you foreigners grasp the simple fact this place is not England it's the fucking UK and immigrants end up all over it not just in EnglandΒ :classic_laugh:
Β 

They can hope

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Thats cause Wales is Labour run....

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

No.....Swansea was a shithole way before devolution.

Bet you didn't know that Rocky Marciano laid out a guy in a pub there during WWII?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No.....Swansea was a shithole way before devolution.

Bet you didn't know that Rocky Marciano laid out a guy in a pub there during WWII?

i didn't .Β