Grasshopper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before you ask, yes I have zip ties holding my phone in place.

This is what happened to my previous phone who jumped off the Bike and got crushed by a car (or several) or even a lorry.

prop20.jpg

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, JustaPor said:

Before you ask, yes I have zip ties holding my phone in place.

This is what happened to my previous phone who jumped off the Bike and got crushed by a car (or several) or even a lorry.

prop20.jpg

Get a Quadlock!

20230922_174004-min.jpg

Just now, XTreme said:

Get a Quadlock!

20230922_174004-min.jpg

Only good for you dry weather bikers LOL.
I've been using one of these for the last two years really impressed with it
https://ultimateaddons.com/collections/motorcycle-cases?gclid=CjwKCAiAgeeqBhBAEiwAoDDhnw9bPk2hUA5OaSqX5UIeyEhPIGAErVqm0g9u19-kJ6x74Ld2kwsGXhoCA88QAvD_BwE

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Get a Quadlock!

20230922_174004-min.jpg

Quad lock doesn't make cases for my phone and I don't trust the alternative "sticker" for generic phones.

For now, the zip ties do what is required of them. 😉

• Like 5

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Better still get a dedicated motorcycle sat nav instead of ruining your phone 😉

IMG_5941.thumb.JPG.fe5fe691e2906b6152424c8751233095.JPG

I have (in the shed) smallest screened sat nav know to man 😂 

A Navisure.............the mounting bracket are long broken, thought about bodging it on the scoot, fook knows why as I know all the main roads within 50 miles of here. 😂 and I don't go that far. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Better still get a dedicated motorcycle sat nav instead of ruining your phone 😉

IMG_5941.thumb.JPG.fe5fe691e2906b6152424c8751233095.JPG

Not everyone is made of money Bob :classic_laugh: As you know I use a second phone with no sim card in, it works well for the trails with Memory map.

• Like 2

I do have Garmin (don't know the model) sat nav, every time I turn it on it says maps need updating..

If I go down (like I am unlikely too 😂) the A1 onto the A14 it shows me as being in the fields about 50 metres from the present road...😂 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

I do have Garmin (don't know the model) sat nav, every time I turn it on it says maps need updating..

If I go down (like I am unlikely too 😂) the A1 onto the A14 it shows me as being in the fields about 50 metres from the present road...😂 

I have one like that they want £70 to update the maps so it will never be used again that's why i like using the phone as it's always up to date and gives you live traffic congestion updates as you drive

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have one like that they want £70 to update the maps so it will never be used again that's why i like using the phone as it's always up to date and gives you live traffic congestion updates as you drive

Yeh same price I was quoted, the Navisure cannot be updated, even when it was only a coiple of years old....I don't need either sat nav now, I did try using my phone once but the screen shuts down after a couple of minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Yeh same price I was quoted, the Navisure cannot be updated, even when it was only a coiple of years old....I don't need either sat nav now, I did try using my phone once but the screen shuts down after a couple of minutes. 

you can set the screen to stay on or keeping it plugged into the car usually works

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustaPor said:

Quad lock doesn't make cases for my phone and I don't trust the alternative "sticker" for generic phones.

That's what I have......but I added a 3M pad for additional security!

1 hour ago, Clive said:

sounds like the maps need updating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not everyone is made of money Bob :classic_laugh: As you know I use a second phone with no sim card in, it works well for the trails with Memory map.

It's a do it all unit Fred. 

Finds the trails with OS maps, roads with city navigator , fuel stations, hotels, campsites , cafes and points of interest.  It takes me around Europe , including trails and I get my text/whatsapp messages  come up on the screen as it's bluetoothed to my phone. It's not affected by glare as it's backlit and has some clever technology in the screen.

It's a fairly expensive outlay in the beginning but will probably last over 10 years if my previous model is anything to go by 👍

• Like 3