XTreme's wife sorts his shit out again!

XTreme

The wife wanted me to order a backrest for the box so I got a Shad one from Amazon delivered today.

But WTF is going on with these things? You used to stick it to the box with adhesive pads.......now you've got to drill holes in the fucking box. But where exactly?

I daren't try that or it'll be carnage......so it's a job for Jonathan in Juan Cortes when I take it in for an oil and filter change in a month or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As a follow on to the backrest dilemma.....I did what I always do! I searched for a YouTube Tutorial! 

And it appears there's two marks inside the lid for the exact spots that you need to drill.

So we can sort that out here no sweat!

However, the wife won't let me use her drill so I've got to wait till tomorrow for her back to ease off and she's going to do it.

It won't be the first time she's had to do shit on my bikes as you know! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 5

I had the same for fitting the rack to my top box. I read that the marked holes aren't quite right, so I drew round the rack with a pencil and drilled. The marked holes were a little bit out as it happened.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-21 at 5.02.43 PM.jpeg

• Like 5

Just now, yen_powell said:

I had the same for fitting the rack to my top box. I read that the marked holes aren't quite right, so I drew round the rack with a pencil and drilled. The marked holes were a little bit out as it happened.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-21 at 5.02.43 PM.jpeg

Was that a Shad?

TLDR Check what they’ve marked by making a template before drilling. 

The last thing I had to adjust was a Givi tank lock ring listed by them as fitting my bike, but no it didn’t and neither did the surprise supplied ‘drill here’ template. 

Problem is they’re usually only slightly out so if you fuck it up you’ve removed too much material right next to where you really want the holes and then your in total PITA territory. 

I always check with a paper template first.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

TLDR Check what they’ve marked by making a template before drilling. 

The last thing I had to adjust was a Givi tank lock ring listed by them as fitting my bike, but no it didn’t and neither did the surprise supplied ‘drill here’ template. 

Problem is they’re usually only slightly out so if you fuck it up you’ve removed too much material right next to where you really want the holes and then your in total PITA territory. 

I always check with a paper template first.

Great advice......I'll get the wife to do that!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Bondage gear, butt plug racks etc need to be secured well .........   :classic_unsure:

you would know gimp.

• Haha 1

Basic math will also help;

Measure the distance of the outside edge of the bolts / studs on the backrest

Subtract the diameter of one of the bolts / studs

The result is the distance between centers of the two bolts. 

Mark that on the topbox and drill away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earache said:

Basic math will also help;

Measure the distance of the outside edge of the bolts / studs on the backrest

Subtract the diameter of one of the bolts / studs

The result is the distance between centers of the two bolts. 

Mark that on the topbox and drill away.

How long have you known Pete? 😂

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

As a follow on to the backrest dilemma.....I did what I always do! I searched for a YouTube Tutorial! 

And it appears there's two marks inside the lid for the exact spots that you need to drill.

So we can sort that out here no sweat!

However, the wife won't let me use her drill so I've got to wait till tomorrow for her back to ease off and she's going to do it.

It won't be the first time she's had to do a shit on my bike though as you know! :classic_unsure:

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

I have an update! 

We followed @Slowlycatchymonkey's advice to make a stencil to ensure the indentations in the box were in the right place. And they were!

So the wife got drilling! I supervised!

20230331_110043-min.jpg.7107915e1f8ac44f5f44e61dc16bd4d9.jpg

Then it was attach the pad and tighten the screws! I passed the screwdriver!

And job done!

20230331_111412-min.jpg.14d744614e340084bd9e8d847201c578.jpg

The bike's coming together now......box, handguards, and decent tyres (Pirelli Scorpion Trail II). @Tango knows how shit the OEM's are, the bike just doesn't steer right with those Dunlop Trailmax shit!

If I didn't have my Hernia I'd probably be doing some RTW trip!

groin GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I have an update! 

We followed @Slowlycatchymonkey's advice to make a stencil to ensure the indentations in the box were in the right place. And they were!

And job done!

The bike's coming together now......box, handguards, and decent tyres (Pirelli Scorpion Trail II). @Tango knows how shit the OEM's are, the bike just doesn't steer right with those Dunlop Trailmax shit!

groin GIF

Does it steer left with them?

10 minutes ago, Buckster said:

So is the wife going on the back or is the backrest for the midgets to brace against when they are bumming you?

She will be going on the bike when the car goes in to get the door repaired.....they reckoned 3 days-

Plus any other time the car is not available.

Last time she went on it was the 1200GS in June when the brakes failed! :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

She will be going on the bike when the car goes in to get the door repaired.....they reckoned 3 days-

Plus any other time the car is not available.

Last time she went on it was the 1200GS in June when the brakes failed! :classic_laugh:

I’m not going there, if she sees this she will end you.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@XTreme you see this, she can take photos of someone else's bike but taking one of her own is a problem for some reason

Someone else's bike is always better than hers though Fred!

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

I have an update! 

And job done!

groin GIF

tell your wife she has beautiful hands... that of a 20 year old

• Haha 3