What am I missing?

XTreme

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

Not sure I'd want to do it by myself. Like the bike.

I've seen YT vids of people going out and kipping in their cars in fucking blizzards......when they've got a home to live in!

WTF?

• Haha 1

Just now, XTreme said:

I've seen YT vids of people going out and kipping in their cars in fucking blizzards......when they've got a home to live in!

WTF?

I've slept in the car many times as you know. Old Sharan was far better than a tent, even better when the seats are out and a mattress.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Because I can't find any logic in doing something like this!

He leaves his house and then goes and sleeps in a field! In the rain! In Winter! :classic_unsure:

he is obviously not of sound mind

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I've slept in the car many times as you know. Old Sharan was far better than a tent, even better when the seats are out and a mattress.

I can understand if you're on a long trip and don't want to pay for a hotel, but why would anybody choose to do it for no logical reason?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I can understand if you're on a long trip and don't want to pay for a hotel, but why would anybody choose to do it for no logical reason?

The logical reason is getting away from everyone to get a break from the mundane life most people have, i bet your boy would love to do something like this if the fat munter would let him if anyone needs it it's him

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I slept in an Opel Astra a few times, and a VWGolf, it’s shit. I did it because I got lost in norway and wasn’t carrying a tent.

Also slept a power nap in my racecar a few times, driving through the night, in a race bucket seat, that was properly miserable but not as miserable as when a passenger in my brother’s car, that made me want to stop living.

On a bike in winter I like hotels with hot shower, a cozy quiet bed after a warm meal and wine. Covered shelter for the bike is advised but not mandatory :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The logical reason is getting away from everyone to get a break from the mundane life most people have, i bet your boy would love to do something like this if the fat munter would let him if anyone needs it it's him

He would love to stab himself in the eyes, probably, if it took him away from his drama

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve seen the Japanese videos of them winter camping on motorcycles, they set up a tent, a stove, and then proceed to cook a 5 course meal :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

I used to walk with a mate. Derbyshire, Dorset to name a couple. We'd cook on gas stoves, eat in pubs, it was great fun. Not sure these old bones would cope so well now.

RIP Ash.:classic_sad:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I used to walk with a mate. Derbyshire, Dorset to name a couple. We'd cook on gas stoves, eat in pubs, it was great fun. Not sure these old bones would cope so well now.

RIP Ash.:classic_sad:

Hiking sort of thing?

The only time I've heard a real cuckoo was when I was wild camping near Bala in Wales.  You won't get that experience in your Ford Transit or a Premier Inn

cat-nah.gif.b0f5e1a87f349550c1f82479544b8a4f.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Buck is into this sorta shit...the only difference is ..he does it with a bunch of men ..

Yes......it has been noticed!

16 hours ago, XTreme said:

Because I can't find any logic in doing something like this!

He leaves his house and then goes and sleeps in a field! In the rain! In Winter! :classic_unsure:

I think the point is YouTubers gotta create content.    Nice bike though.  Perhaps he was trying out a his kit for a upcoming trip to see if he had missed something.   

• Like 2

Its not so much what he's doing.. going camping. that makes me laugh at videos like this. its the faff he has gone through to actually make this particular video. just as an example.. these scenes of him riding down some road, or turning at a junction. just think of what he's had to do to get that shot. finds a view. sets up his camera.  rides back the way he came and then rides the road again to get the shot. possibly doing this two or three times to get it right.

And then all those shots of him getting ready to leave.. how long did it take him to film all of that.

there's a reason I do not have a camera to film my trips.. and this is it. I would hate to get caught up to the point that I would go through this kind of bullshit to produce a video.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Its not so much what he's doing.. going camping. that makes me laugh at videos like this. its the faff he has gone through to actually make this particular video. just as an example.. these scenes of him riding down some road, or turning at a junction. just think of what he's had to do to get that shot. finds a view. sets up his camera.  rides back the way he came and then rides the road again to get the shot. possibly doing this two or three times to get it right.

And then all those shots of him getting ready to leave.. how long did it take him to film all of that.

there's a reason I do not have a camera to film my trips.. and this is it. I would hate to get caught up to the point that I would go through this kind of bullshit to produce a video.

It seems to be in cases like this it's all about the video.......the time spent doing all the work for that must be way more than the actual riding itself.

I don't know how much these guys can earn from YouTube.......maybe they make a mint on them?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

It seems to be in cases like this it's all about the video.......the time spent doing all the work for that must be way more than the actual riding itself.

I don't know how much these guys can earn from YouTube.......maybe they make a mint on them?

I don't think that chap is making much with just 10K subscribers, 100K maybe.   I suppose from his point of view the better quality stuff he does the more chance he has of making a living at it eventually.   

Like anything in life you gotta work hard to be very successful. I like this guy, his videos are quite long and to some boring but I enjoy his choices and what he does, I like to dream I could do it, but in reality I may have the woodworking skills but nowhere near the mental discipline he has.    But he has stuck at it and with 2,000,000K subs he is probably making a fair income from YouTube.    

• Like 2