What am I missing?

XTreme

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It seems to be in cases like this it's all about the video.......the time spent doing all the work for that must be way more than the actual riding itself.

Definitely. all these angles of shots setting up his bike, did he have multiple cameras or did he rewind and move the camera here and there then spend hours cutting and splicing the videos afterwards. (probably) I wonder how many times he actually packed and repacked his bike. it wasn't just a single take. probably took hours.

I imagine all the faff recording the trip from leaving his house to arrival at the campsite. plus all the post production - hours spent in from of his computer editing added up to much longer than the time actually spent 'doing it'.

so much for spontaneity.

Much quicker perhaps if he had someone with him, but I suspect not. he did this entirely on his own.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

100K? That much?

Yeah to make a living at it, around £30K a year at 100,000 or so I heard, but these things change, they have an adpocalypse every now and again which cuts the revenue but its not something I follow that closely.

• 2 weeks later...

I get it ( I didn't say I wanted to do it...). I have, in my misspent youth, ridden bikes and driven boats in apalling weather conditions and often found it exhilerating, sometimes frightening and nearly always uncomfortable. The sense of acheivement when overcoming the difficulty or risk is always a morale boost and confidence building, making a hardship, even if only a percieved or contrived hardship,worthwhile.  This is why people climb mountains, swim rivers, sail single handed around the world, row the atlantic or whatever. Each man finding his own challenges to overcome.  

OR, 

he could just be a twat trying to get views on youtube. 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 3