Mod Gig Review!

XTreme

It's been 3 months since @Buckster and @boboneleg took the gig on.......neither of them really wanted it, but they were prepared to give it a shot to help the forum out.

And during that time we haven't had any meltdowns so things seem to be working OK!

At the very least nobody's received any Incomprehensible Warning PM's for shit they never did. So that's a step up from other places! 

Or do you think things would have been better with two intellectual heavyweights like @Six30 and @Marcel doing the Mod gig?

The Office Jim GIF

• Haha 2

I dunno there was a bit of flexing at the beginning which was entertaining. 

Seem to remember someone threatening something about deleting posts that were off topic and summink else about shutting down a conversation that was going awry. 

I like their hands off approach. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Mods …

they’ve done nothing for this forum , pair of dossers

Sometimes doing nothing is the best way.....

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Six30 said:

What is the point of em then 

I said that in relation to our previous experience elsewhere when nothing needed to be done but he did it anyway.

Excited Futurama GIF by Comedy Central

• Haha 2

I thought that we were heading towards a mod intervention yesterday, but it seemed to fizzle out! 

Yeah, it's possible to have the place over moderated, so I think that it's going OK at the moment. Time will tell! 😂😂😂

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tango said:

I thought that we were heading towards a mod intervention yesterday, but it seemed to fizzle out! 

I tagged you to sort it out Bob......thought it would go over better coming from you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tango said:

Yeah, it's possible to have the place over moderated, so I think that it's going OK at the moment. Time will tell! 😂😂😂

I watched yesterdays event but like you say it fizzled out once slowly ran out of Prosecco so nothing needed to be done.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I watched yesterdays event but like you say it fizzled out once slowly ran out of Prosecco so nothing needed to be done.

drunk GIF

• Haha 7

16 hours ago, Tango said:

what fizzled out what was happening ?

41 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

And that’s how it should be 🤫

I agree, I think that being a Mod is like committee service, has to be done by someone but a thankless task.  Always someone wants to moan.  I have done it in the past I would not in the  future, thanks to Bob and Buckster for your efforts., I think you are smashing it with your less is more approach.   Now I am going to wash my face after the brown nosing 🤢

• Haha 8

They don’t have to mod on here cause it’s not full of lefty wokey  twats ….. and worse case on forums is if a mod is a lefty wokey twat .

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Saul said:

I agree, I think that being a Mod is like committee service, has to be done by someone but a thankless task.  Always someone wants to moan.  I have done it in the past I would not in the  future, thanks to Bob and Buckster for your efforts., I think you are smashing it with your less is more approach.   Now I am going to wash my face after the brown nosing 🤢

Oh Yeah Yep GIF by ION

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

what fizzled out what was happening ?

How do you expect us to fidle are way into the mod gig if you can't keep up with the latest happenings.....I'm on stelt mode...oh by the way it was turning into politics again...

• Haha 2

On 01/03/2023 at 15:06, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I dunno there was a bit of flexing at the beginning which was entertaining. 

Seem to remember someone threatening something about deleting posts that were off topic and summink else about shutting down a conversation that was going awry. 

I like their hands off approach. 

well you wouldn't want either of them actually touching stuff....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3