The last weekend in February

Slowlycatchymonkey

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Been to Fowlers. Have seen the incoming beauty. Hard to give you a decent appraisal cos I loved so much so immediately I couldn’t see properly 😂

Could pick it up tomoz! But as the plates change to 23 on Wednesday and the next day I can pick it up after that is Friday then Friday morning it is! 

It’s going to be a long week! 

1D2F98D6-F214-4E9D-9E9F-DE142D70D349.thumb.jpeg.c4b5914463a983f98886474fb0136980.jpeg

2CFCE739-39CF-4827-BAE6-82A957F04CB3.thumb.jpeg.9088e73600c2202fbcd82ad95b384992.jpeg

It certainly looks the part, I'm looking forward to see what you think of it .

• Like 3

I have a scrap run first thing in the morning so that will get me out of bed and may have a breakfast from the van by the scrapyard as my dull mates girlfriend runs it now. Not sure what I'll be doing the rest of the weekend yet weather is shit so don't think i'll be out any bikes

Poor mans gold 😉
image.png.3bdb42f8fbf44f29cfbb91377f46ba22.png

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I weighed in some batteries from work the other day, got £45 so that'll pay for our breakfast for a while 👍

I stopped for a piss in a layby on the way home from work once and someone had dumped a large battery there so i chucked it in the van and weighed it in, got £9 for it and another time found two car batteries dumped up the lane behind my car same again, it's the only time i like fly tipping :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dominator failed to start in the week so I shorted the solenoid so I could use it. Found the starter button/wiring at fault so I'm now gearing myself up to attempt for find the spare somewhere in the sheds.:classic_sad:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Found my used part but soon realised it looked the same but the plug was missing some wires, after a bit of though I think I remember it coming off a 125 city fly.
Stripped mine out to find a previous repair where the wires had been trapped in the lock stops. Cut out the damage and a bit of solder, heat shrink and tape later.

IMG_4363copy.thumb.jpg.f2f0201de0d866f2dd560264c598d276.jpg

Now refitted and I have a working bike again.:dancebanana:

• Like 4

Happy Sunday 💐

Not sure what I'm up to today, not having a proper oven is vexing especially on a Sunday when I look forward to having extra time and experimental kitchen gets under way. Heyho.

Probably try out Pedro's Moroccan coffee cos that doesn't require an oven and maybe spatchcock a chicken for a roast as the little microwave size oven can cope with that. 

Other than that probably fighting with the Garmin Zumo to route through France and pouring over the long awaited BSA

What you up to?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Found my used part but soon realised it looked the same but the plug was missing some wires, after a bit of though I think I remember it coming off a 125 city fly.
Stripped mine out to find a previous repair where the wires had been trapped in the lock stops. Cut out the damage and a bit of solder, heat shrink and tape later.

IMG_4363copy.thumb.jpg.f2f0201de0d866f2dd560264c598d276.jpg

Now refitted and I have a working bike again.:dancebanana:

So are you taking it for a ride 

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Happy Sunday 💐

Not sure what I'm up to today, not having a proper oven is vexing especially on a Sunday when I look forward to having extra time and experimental kitchen gets under way. Heyho.

Probably try out Pedro's Moroccan coffee cos that doesn't require an oven and maybe spatchcock a chicken for a roast as the little microwave size oven can cope with that. 

Other than that probably fighting with the Garmin Zumo to route through France and pouring over the long awaited BSA

What you up to?

At this moment eating cheese on toast done under the grill in my oven LOL and then i'm not sure see how the day unfolds god i live an exciting life :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

At this moment eating cheese on toast done under the grill in my oven LOL and then i'm not sure see how the day unfolds god i live an exciting life :classic_laugh:

Probably not as exciting as mine.. someone who got excited by the gloop the descaling capsule removed from the coffee machine so did it twice.. rock n roll 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

We have no bread, Tesco not open till 10am.....so it is going to be a very late breakfast here, but not a problem as wife is still fast on 😴 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

So are you taking it for a ride 

Unfortunately no, woman had other plans which was a shame as it was a nice clear day although cold. The roads are still white with salt here too.

• Like 2

On 24/02/2023 at 14:40, Clive said:

Does the bike not have a centre stand?. 🤔 

dont think i ever had a bike with a center stand.... bit gay really center stands

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Jesus wept. The equivalent mini oven microwave combo is now over double the price. 

I paid £199 in 2016 now its £559-599?!!!! WTAF

Blame the EU, Remainers, Corbyn, Immigrants in boats, Guardian-reading Tofu-eating Wokerati, Ukraine War, and Greta Thunberg.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Blame the EU, Remainers, Corbyn, Immigrants in boats, Guardian-reading Tofu-eating Wokerati, Ukraine War, and Greta Thunberg.

Don't forget the old favourite of Rip Off Britain.   😉

• Haha 2