Dog House

Cupid Stunt

10 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

If I go to an Indian restaurant I'm in the curry house, does that mean if I go to a Chinese restaurant I'm in the dog house?

Only if you have something thing with beef in it , never have beef in a Chinese … or prawns 

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Why not prawns?

my nans probably been in sea more recent than prawns from a chinese and shes been dead 60 odd years

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

my nans probably been in sea more recent than prawns from a chinese and shes been dead 60 odd years

I always risk it and in over 30 years I haven’t had a problem.. famous last words 😆

Just realised I didn’t have my first curry until I was 18 because it was “foreign muck” 😂 anyone else remember that culinary Siberia we used to exist in? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I always risk it and in over 30 years I haven’t had a problem.. famous last words 😆

Just realised I didn’t have my first curry until I was 18 because it was “foreign muck” 😂 anyone else remember that culinary Siberia we used to exist in? 😆

I remember going for a my first curry aged 16 with some older mates after a gig.  I had quite a few beers beforehand (at the gig) and I don't remember much about the curry as I fell asleep on the toilet , the staff evicted me after my mates had gone home

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I remember going for a my first curry aged 16 with some older mates after a gig.  I had quite a few beers beforehand (at the gig) and I don't remember much about the curry as I fell asleep on the toilet , the staff evicted me after my mates had gone home

my mates , would of said the fella in the toilet is paying the bill , then fucked off and left

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Six30 said:

my mates , would of said the fella in the toilet is paying the bill , then fucked off and left

What's more surprising is that you say you have friends.....Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Did that more than once to my brother in law who always pretended he’d forgotten his wallet and dumped us with his bill 😠 He regularly fell asleep at the table so we’d leave saying he’s paying, used to watch from outside through the window when they woke him up, totally priceless.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Did that more than once to my brother in law who always pretended he’d forgotten his wallet and dumped us with his bill 😠 He regularly fell asleep at the table so we’d leave saying he’s paying, used to watch from outside through the window when they woke him up, totally priceless.

Not a jag driver is he?

15 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Used to, I still ain't touching it. Have to get out of the house when she's cooking it.
And don't get me started on fuckin garlic

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I always save the nan for breakfast , love that coconut in it 👍

I chucked out the food rules long ago when I woke up at 5am once and fancied a pie.

I’m sure it’s healthier for you to eat what you fancy when you fancy it. 

Well unless it’s the persons a heffalump 😂

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My dad wouldn't touch any of that "foreign muck"! 😂😂😂 He used to look at me in dusgust when I rolled in from the pub with my little white plastic bag from the Chinese takeaway! 

Do you remember those Vesta curries back in the day. I quite liked them back then, but wouldn't touch one with a bargepole now!

Some of our French friends ask what we eat for dinner and is it all English food? They raise an eyebrow when we tell them that we eat Indian and Thai curries, Chinese style stir fries, Mexican style food, Italian style food, Greek style food and various other types of "international " cuisine. We do have stews and meat pies, which I guess constitutes English food, but we try to vary it a bit. Vegetable chilli Friday night, carbonara last night, beef stroganoff tonight and probably a curry during the week! 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Tango said:

My dad wouldn't touch any of that "foreign muck"! 😂😂😂 He used to look at me in dusgust when I rolled in from the pub with my little white plastic bag from the Chinese takeaway! 

Do you remember those Vesta curries back in the day. I quite liked them back then, but wouldn't touch one with a bargepole now!

Some of our French friends ask what we eat for dinner and is it all English food? They raise an eyebrow when we tell them that we eat Indian and Thai curries, Chinese style stir fries, Mexican style food, Italian style food, Greek style food and various other types of "international " cuisine. We do have stews and meat pies, which I guess constitutes English food, but we try to vary it a bit. Vegetable chilli Friday night, carbonara last night, beef stroganoff tonight and probably a curry during the week! 

No I don’t remember those at all 😆

Same here,  food used to be very restricted to a traditional meat and two veg style because people ate the same thing over and over again, I remember my mum making spag bol and my Dad declaring he would not be eating spaghetti again 😆 which he did because we loved it.

It exploded into taking in any cuisine from any culture to be the marvellous melting pot it is today. I think we have Curry houses and Chinese takeaways to thank for breaking that straight jacket and all those diabolical cafes and mediocre restaurants for fuelling the desire to take on dishes from around the world. Oh and not forgetting all those travel cooking progs, they did a huge amount to get everyone interested in food and demanding better quality.

The foods scene in the UK now is so good. Theres almost no ingredient for any nationalities dishes I can’t buy in a bog standard supermarket in the UK and everything else is available online. That is one thing I miss in Spain, they have nice little speciality shops but always traditional ingredients and of course I immediately start craving the very thing I can’t get within a week of arriving, usually chinese 😆

• Like 2

@Tango   I remember Vesta curries (and the chicken supreme) from my batchelor days.  Some of my other delights were boil in the bag Cod in parsley sauce , Heinz curried baked beans and Birds Eye frozen pies .

When microwave ovens came along it was a revelation for me :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

@Tango   I remember Vesta curries (and the chicken supreme) from my batchelor days.  Some of my other delights were boil in the bag Cod in parsley sauce , Heinz curried baked beans and Birds Eye frozen pies .

When microwave ovens came along it was a revelation for me :classic_biggrin:

Sounds like it’s just as well your wife came along 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I chucked out the food rules long ago when I woke up at 5am once and fancied a pie.

I’m sure it’s healthier for you to eat what you fancy when you fancy it. 

Well unless it’s the persons a heffalump 😂

with a big trunk

• Haha 1