Kraken

XTreme

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Week 3 was when we started to feel a bit better.

We feel 90% better now..........but the slightest physical exertion and I need to sit down....everything seems like hard work......cough gone though.

The cough is a bit better now but it's strained my stomach and back.....so when I do cough I'm literally doubled over.

Can't have that happening on the bike, so I can't go near it till this stage has passed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The cough is a bit better now but it's strained my stomach and back.....so when I do cough I'm literally doubled over.

Can't have that happening on the bike, so I can't go near it till this stage has passed.

When were you last jabbed and did you get the flu jab at the same time?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

When were you last jabbed and did you get the flu jab at the same time?

We were due to have Covid jab 4 in September, along with the flu one.

But because we had Covid in August the doctor said we had to wait till mid Jan.

So we are late with the flu jab......but considering the numbers who've got this virus I don't think it would have made much difference.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We were due to have Covid jab 4 in September, along with the flu one.

But because we had Covid in August the doctor said we had to wait till mid Jan.

So we are late with the flu jab......but considering the numbers who've got this virus I don't think it would have made much difference.

It very much depends on what you have.

If you have the flu strain they vaccinated against it would make a huge difference, if you have another strain then it would still offer some reduction in symptoms because your immune system would be faster to act.

It’s hard to know who’s actually had the flu jab and gone on to have this flu thats going around, theres no compare n contrast going on.

If you recently had Covid the chances of another bout of Covid flooring you like this are unlikely because your immune system is already primed to act against anything that looks like Covid, a different Covid variant would be expected to cause symptoms but not to the extent you’re describing. 

I’d put my money on flu. 

Back pain is one of the types of pain that seems to cut through everything, movement obviously but also sleep, good humour and just about every daily activity is affected so I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If you have the flu strain they vaccinated against it would make a huge difference, if you have another strain then it would still offer some reduction in symptoms because your immune system would be faster to act.

It’s hard to know who’s actually had the flu jab and gone on to have this flu thats going around, theres no compare n contrast going on.

If you recently had Covid the chances of another bout of Covid flooring you like this are unlikely because your immune system is already primed to act against anything that looks like Covid, a different Covid variant would be expected to cause symptoms but not to the extent you’re describing. 

I’d put my money on flu. 

Back pain is one of the types of pain that seems to cut through everything, movement obviously but also sleep, good humour and just about every daily activity is affected so I hope you feel better soon.

Is there a vacine for wynie syndrome?

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’d put my money on flu. 

Thanks Caroline!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’d put my money on flu. 

You could have told him it's the morgue for him....stop getting the old gits hopes up 

• Haha 4

I was thinking maybe in the line of std...I've read those little critters can ly dormant for 15 years...maybe what Pete needs is a good dose of penasiline ?   I'm not so sure that mange he had recently was mange...maybe it was spainephylias...it's almost like syphilis..

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Haha 6

Anyway I unclogged the girlfriend pipe over the weekend and my knees almost gave out and im still sort..you don't hear me complaining about it.....has I was given it hard with the hauger from behind..I finally burst though the clog with a week worth of build up ..it was a relief...and satisfying for a job well done...

• Haha 5

I have succombed to the lurgy, drove back from Gatwick last night shivering and in a bit of a haze.  Gone into work today anyway as dudes need their parts and race tyres shipping,  better than moping around at home

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I have succombed to the lurgy, drove back from Gatwick last night shivering and in a bit of a haze.  Gone into work today anyway as dudes need their parts and race tyres shipping,  better than moping around at home

Yeh go to work and give it to every one else .

you seen this shit  @Slowlycatchymonkey

• Haha 6

I was up at 6......had a coughing fit! Went downstairs and it stopped. Couldn't get back to sleep then so got on with work.

Been very dry and tickly today as opposed to phlegmy and raspy......so it seems to be drying up a bit.

Stomach and back injured by the coughing isn't so painful either.

So I suppose that compared to 2 weeks ago I am better......but a long way from recovered.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

So I suppose that compared to 2 weeks ago I am better......but a long way from recovered.

The wife will still be keeping the local vet with shot gun on speed dial for another few weeks in case you have a relapse.

• Haha 7

I’m going to have a winge @XTreme stylee now.

Sat in a cold car for the next two and a half hours waiting while my son does his choir practice.

It’s -1c and I don’t feel great at all. On the plus side I don’t have to work and I don’t have to go to Baza.

Winge over 🙄

• Haha 5

Well my first week back in work was hectic as hell had no time to be ill i think the shock of 14 hour days in work last week and the weekend beat the illness out of me, certainly feeling a whole lot better but still have the throat clearing and coughing routine in the mornings and then i'm good for the day

• Like 4