Kraken

XTreme

I'm convinced that this new Covid variant Kraken is what we've had.....and @Clive has been very ill back there with the exact same symptoms as us.

@Sir Fallsalot has also been very ill as well......though I'm not sure what symptoms he had.

It has been confirmed as circulating here in Spain and to make matters worse it doesn't seem to be showing up conclusively as Covid on tests.....so nobody can be absolutely sure.

But I've had plenty of bouts of normal flu over the years......so I know what that's like. 

And none of them made me so ill that I had to attend the Urgency Dept like I did this time. Which makes me think it's Kraken!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm convinced that this new Covid variant Kraken is what we've had.....and @Clive has been very ill back there with the exact same symptoms as us.

@Sir Fallsalot has also been very ill as well......though I'm not sure what symptoms he had.

It has been confirmed as circulating here in Spain and to make matters worse it doesn't seem to be showing up conclusively as Covid on tests.....so nobody can be absolutely sure.

But I've had plenty of bouts of normal flu over the years......so I know what that's like. 

And none of them made me so ill that I had to attend the Urgency Dept like I did this time. Which makes me think it's Kraken!

Isn't that rum......and bloody nice rum too.

I'd say its you're all just old and fucked.

Are you going to now admit to being a doddery old cunt?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Isn't that rum......and bloody nice rum too.

I'd say its you're all just old and fucked.

Are you going to now admit to being a doddery old cunt?

How does catching a highly contagious Covid variant make me a doddery old cunt?

• Haha 3

I too have had (proper) flu in the past and this was nothing like.......was starting to worry that it was something more serious.

Over it now...but it took its time in shifting.

• Like 6

Just now, Clive said:

I too have had (proper) flu in the past and this was nothing like.......was starting to worry that it was something more serious.

Same here!

At least when you get a positive Covid test you know where you stand!

But when you get a negative and then feel as ill as we've been you start to get a bit worried.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

Over it now...but it took its time in shifting.

But did you cough and twist your side like that old git? If not it couldn't have been that bad.

(Glad ya feeling better mate)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Same here!

At least when you get a positive Covid test you know where you stand!

But when you get a negative and then feel as ill as we've been you start to get a bit worried.

Fox Death GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, busabeast said:

But did you cough and twist your side like that old git? If not it couldn't have been that bad.

(Glad ya feeling better mate)

Rich..... I coughed for so long and so hard that my stomach muscles were sore most of the time....even my ribcage hurt..there was very little rest from it......getting some rest was nigh on impossible.....I spent several nights sat in my armchair from 1am till 5am.....only exhaustion got me back to bed.....still coughing.....and a bloody sore throat as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Just now, Clive said:

Rich..... I coughed for so long and so hard that my stomach muscles were sore most of the time....even my ribcage hurt..there was very little rest from it......getting some rest was nigh on impossible.....I spent several nights sat in my armchair from 1am till 5am.....only exhaustion got me back to bed.....still coughing.....and a bloody sore throat as well.

Not good mate, well hopefully its going the right way now. 

You old codger

• Haha 4

Just now, Clive said:

Oh yeh.....I know exactly what you mean Clive.

As I said, I've had flu many times.......I even had Mumps when I was 26. And that can be very serious for adults!

But I've never experienced anything like this.......and I've still got a long way to go in terms of recovery.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Not good mate, well hopefully its going the right way now. 

You old codger

To how I was I now feel nearly back to normal.... 👍 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Oh yeh.....I know exactly what you mean Clive.

As I said, I've had flu many times.......I even had Mumps when I was 26. And that can be very serious for adults!

But I've never experienced anything like this.......and I've still got a long way to go in terms of recovery.

As said I feel almost back to normal (for my age 😂

I have never been so lacking in get up and go as I have these past weeks.......apart from going to the toilet all I have done is sit in this chair and cough and bark.

One day early last week I thought come on shake yourself...get out of the chair and go and do a bit of food shopping...came back absolutely knackered and coughing even worse......back into the chair...

• Like 3

It's only the vaxxed that are getting sick, 100% of Covid patients in Australian hospitals are vaxxed, the unvaxxed are healthy as horses, further to that we have this.

So as the virus has never been isolated how did they make a vaccine in six months with every pharma company getting the same result, you've been sold a pup.

Nevertheless my best wishes to you all.

image_2023-01-12_065800140.png

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

I have never been so lacking in get up and go as I have these past weeks.......apart from going to the toilet all I have done is sit in this chair and cough and bark.

One day early last week I thought come on shake yourself...get out of the chair and go and do a bit of food shopping...came back absolutely knackered and coughing even worse......back into the chair...

One of my friends in NZ has had four shots and now he has a very concerning cough which wracks his body, he has never smoked anything in his life, never abused alcohol or taken any recreational drugs, never overweight and now he gets coughing fits that leave him exhausted, however it could be climate change thats the cause.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zzzak said:

One of my friends in NZ has had four shots and now he has a very concerning cough which wracks his body, he has never smoked anything in his life, never abused alcohol or taken any recreational drugs, never overweight and now he gets coughing fits that leave him exhausted, however it could be climate change thats the cause.

It could be the clubbing of baby seals too but who knows

3 minutes ago, zzzak said:

15 minute neighbourhoods will cure climate change I am sure. 😂 

Thank fuck I don't live in Oxford.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

Did you get bouts of hard coughing on temperature changes.....like when going back inside after being out?

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Did you get bouts of hard coughing on temperature changes.....like when going back inside after being out?

I'll ask my friend next time he calls me.

Every time i went out or came back in......cough cough cough.

Wife was even worse.......she coughed utill she had to find somewhere to sit down.

But (we think) she had Covid in the February that it all started......we were in Cyprus coming home and there was a few on the plane coughing and barking......then she started the next day.....it was early in the Covid pandemic....and our doctor said she had just a chest infection.......but looking back on it we think it was Covid.....she really struggled to get air into her lungs for nearly 2 weeks...she spent all that time sleeping propped up on our sofa...when she could sleep.......if it had been a few weeks or more later I think she would have been in hospital.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

Every time i went out or came back in......cough cough cough.

Wife was even worse.......she coughed utill she had to find somewhere to sit down.

But (we think) she had Covid in the February that it all started......we were in Cyprus coming home and there was a few on the plane coughing and barking......then she started the next day.....it was early in the Covid pandemic....and our doctor said she had just a chest infection.......but looking back on it we think it was Covid.....she really struggled to get air into her lungs for nearly 2 weeks...she spent all that time sleeping propped up on our sofa...when she could sleep.......if it had been a few weeks or more later I think she would have been in hospital.

Yes......she definitely had Covid!

And you've got so many similarities with what we've had!

If you discard the possibility of us having Kraken.......what's the odds on somebody in Southern Spain and somebody in Mansfield (who've never met) having exactly the same flu variant symptoms at the same time?

Because elements of what we've had with this we've never had before with previous bouts of flu.

Do you know @Slowlycatchymonkey?

• Like 1