Your Day Today!

XTreme

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

i think am unemployable now , i could not go work for any one, getting up at a certain time being told what to do etc .... 

I used to quite like my job. I got told where I was going the following day, but the jobs varied a lot and it was largely up to me what time I set out in the mornings.  My customers were generally pleased to see me, because I was the guy that was going to sort the problem out. I'd have a good chat with them and get their analysers going again and often be on my way back home by mid-afternoon. I wasn't so keen on all the regulatory training that we had to do though! And some days would go pear-shaped and I wouldn't get home until late, but that didn't happen too often. Normally,  my really late day's were when I diverted on my way home to help one of the other guys out.

The point? Not all jobs are set 9-5 days, working with the same annoying twats day in,day out! 🤣🤣

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tango said:

I used to quite like my job. I got told where I was going the following day, but the jobs varied a lot and it was largely up to me what time I set out in the mornings.  My customers were generally pleased to see me, because I was the guy that was going to sort the problem out. I'd have a good chat with them and get their analysers going again and often be on my way back home by mid-afternoon. I wasn't so keen on all the regulatory training that we had to do though! And some days would go pear-shaped and I wouldn't get home until late, but that didn't happen too often. Normally,  my really late day's were when I diverted on my way home to help one of the other guys out.

The point? Not all jobs are set 9-5 days, working with the same annoying twats day in,day out! 🤣🤣

true ... but if i want a lay in in the mornings i do, if i want to go away for a hol i do , if i want to watch the footy that kicks off at 12 on a Saturday , you get my drift

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Six30 said:

true ... but if i want a lay in in the mornings i do, if i want to go away for a hol i do , if i want to watch the footy that kicks off at 12 on a Saturday , you get my drift

That's the only bit i'd like if i was self employed (except the footy LOL) but it would never happen with me, i would just be living in work 24/7 as i cannot shut off, even being employed i lay awake thinking about the job i'm doing tomorrow i just cant help it. I have been asked to take over the company i work for when the owner retires many times over the years but I've never had any interest and one of the reasons is the owner is now 70 years old and he still comes into work almost every day even though he doesn't have to fuck that LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

He's still trying to work out how he's going to explain his new high pitched voice and the name change to Petra

OIP.MXxFS5cSKZ1aSO8QMvqKwgAAAA?rs=1&pid=

• Haha 6

Finally got my driveway tarmacked today. Hopefully i can get the walls rendered now and then the fencing. It's the wrong way round to do it but I had to get the top bit tarmacked first to stop the water soaking into the ground and then through the wall and it's only taken me five years :classic_laugh:
!cid_47680E1A-093A-4863-A6C1-397D12EA3C4A.thumb.jpg.b06dac6231a9643e21832a726e905bc3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well I’ve managed to knock out a crown so I’ve now got a gaping hole in my top set of teeth but because I’d had root canal originally it’s doesn’t hurt. I look more like a pirate now so I might just leave the gap.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Well I’ve managed to knock out a crown so I’ve now got a gaping hole in my top set of teeth but because I’d had root canal originally it’s doesn’t hurt. I look more like a pirate now so I might just leave the gap.

Picture?

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Yeah, I get your drift. 👍

42 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Finally got my driveway tarmacked today. Hopefully i can get the walls rendered now and then the fencing. It's the wrong way round to do it but I had to get the top bit tarmacked first to stop the water soaking into the ground and then through the wall and it's only taken me five years :classic_laugh:
!cid_47680E1A-093A-4863-A6C1-397D12EA3C4A.thumb.jpg.b06dac6231a9643e21832a726e905bc3.jpg

looks a proper job .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

He's still trying to work out how he's going to explain his new high pitched voice and the name change to Petra

His Mrs always knew there was something he wasn't telling her, it's just taken till now until he felt confident enough to let it all out 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

All done.... Biggest Hernia they'd seen apparently. 

So the op took longer than expected and I'm still here. 

IMG_20231205_203335.thumb.jpg.e02d9ef72eed09a7ff2fe7b7a18162b2.jpg

Hoping to get released in the next hour. 

Blind Date Paul Ogrady GIF by Stellify Media

It's a miracle, you've been brought back to life....

I was sure the news said you had died a while back paul

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

All done.... Biggest Hernia they'd seen apparently. 

So the op took longer than expected and I'm still here. 

What's the convalescence regime? 

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

What's the convalescence regime? 

Bandage changed every 3 days at the Health Centre. Not sure how long before switches are removed. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Bandage changed every 3 days at the Health Centre. Not sure how long before switches are removed. 

On a serious note, glad it went well mate.

Hope the recovery goes smoothly 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Hopefully one of them is an off switch.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Hurry up!...your dinner is going cold. 😂 

All the best for a speedy recovery Pete. 👍 

• Like 1

Well I have just secured another job, class 1 driving for a local new startup company they have 2 trucks 1 is a tipper the other a vac tanker £13.50 for the first 2 weeks to see how things go then they will offer me more money. 

I don't see any issues cropping up ,the wagons aren't the nicest but I don't expect them to be given they have only been going less than a year but it would seem if everything goes well I'll be happy. 

Oh and it's a day job so no tramping

• Like 6