Your Day Today!

XTreme

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

You see everyone.... retirement is the life, pete has just written it in black and white....

Oh and he's never invited us to his fucking gin Palace the tight fisted bastard!

BRUCE...... WHERE ARE YOU BRUCE

The fucking Tories will have your generation working till you're 80.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The cost of living here is a lot lower than the UK, but we could never survive on €900 a month. 

Keeping horses isn't cheap.......but that's the wife's interest (like bikes is mine), and as she was never able to have them in the UK I don't begrudge a penny going on them.

I'm lucky that my work isn't physically demanding, so as long as I can tap a keyboard and click a mouse I can keep doing it. Having said that, I couldn't do nothing like most of these Brits here.......I have to have something to keep me busy.

That was really brought home to me during the Covid lockdown......I was so desperate to actually do something I end up launching this fucking place! Now that's desperation.

Channel 9 Television GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

Very little I can do to keep busy, a bit of gardening, cut the grass,  clean the car,

to try and pass some time I do the housework,  wife has forgot how to vac up or wash a pot. 😂 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well @XTreme certainly isn't , he's still working every day and he reminds us of that fact every day :classic_laugh:

As I said.....I need a challenge, I need something to focus on!

So I'm fine with it, but the flipside is I don't always get the time to do as much riding as I'd like to do.

But without the working there'd be no riding!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So can ask all you retiree's  (is that a word ? )  At what age did you start planning for your retirement ?

I had a great job as a Medical Rep for Beecham which had an excellent occupational pension scheme.

Then I got made redundant in the 80's and was never able to get the chance to get back into that sort of system. After all, I lived in the Graveyard of Ambition!

So from then on it was just making ends meet......maintenance for first family and supporting second family.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So can ask all you retiree's  (is that a word ? )  At what age did you start planning for your retirement ?

There was never any planning involved, i just waited for the day to arrive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Clive said:

How would I prepare for retirement?  Nothing I could do to alter it. 🤔 

I think we all thought we'd end up getting a better Pension than we do.

And nobody could have foreseen prices rising like they have.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think we all thought we'd end up getting a better Pension than we do.

And nobody could have foreseen prices rising like they have.

I hoped we could do things, day trips, visit a cafe and have a cuppa and a bun, but with prices rising as they have there is bugger all left after paying our bills.

I do not see things improving,  so further cuts will have to be made, get rid of Sky TV for one, but further saving......where?

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Clive said:

I hoped we could do things, day trips, visit a cafe and have a cuppa and a bun, but with prices rising as they have there is bugger all left after paying our bills.

I do not see things improving,  so further cuts will have to be made, get rid of Sky TV for one, but further saving......where?

Having to bale your kids out doesn't help does it? I know I've done my fair share of that too, but at least I had the income coming in to cover it.

The  bloody third quarter taxes come out tomorrow.....that's nearly €2K what with tax and IVA/VAT.

And people criticise me for being glad to see the back of the Brit freeloaders from this country. Especially those running businesses illegally.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Having to bale your kids out doesn't help does it? I know I've done my fair share of that too, but at least I had the income coming in to cover it.

The  bloody third quarter taxes come out tomorrow.....that's nearly €2K what with tax and IVA/VAT.

And people criticise me for being glad to see the back of the Brit freeloaders from this country. Especially those running businesses illegally.

We do bale them out, but we get the money back................eventually....

Freeloaders!!...we are surrounded by them here. 😡 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clive said:

How would I prepare for retirement?  Nothing I could do to alter it. 🤔 

So were you under the illusion that you could live quite well on a state pension  ?  What about Investments, saving bonds , private pension , investing in property ?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So were you under the illusion that you could live quite well on a state pension  ?  What about Investments, saving bonds , private pension , investing in property ?

I did not know how much the state pension was before I looked it up a few years before retirement. 

Savings bonds, investments, property!......no one on the minimum wage has the spare cash to dabble in them....same with a private pension, needed every penny to live payday to payday.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

What about Investments, saving bonds , private pension , investing in property ?

When you're growing up and living in Swansea you're just trying to survive......share dealing isn't an option.

Did you find many Stock Market traders when you delivered to Merthyr? :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At my last job we were on minimum  wage, the guy who owned the company told us (drivers) that he was going to up it to the living wage ☺ 

What did he do?. He dropped our daily working hours down by 1 hour per day, which in effect put us on the living wage, but we still bought home the same amount of wages. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, XTreme said:

What about you.......how many days do you work?

I do t see it as work , I enjoy doing it , if I don’t want to go in I don’t , if I want to go on a holiday … I just do it … now that is the style 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2