Your Day Today!

XTreme

Success with the neighbours, had a nice piece of bbq beef instead of chicken! Plus some great red wine, the better half brought by me because I ‘m a great guest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yesterday now. Did that rarest of things, I actually became a commuter. No rush hour traffic at 21:45 and don’t tell my insurer cause I ain’t. Rebel me. Fortunately the wildly exciting schizophrenic I’m with tonight is fast asleep and blissfully unaware. Worn out after beating up a member of staff last night. Never ceases to amaze me how these exciting incidents never happen when I’m here.

it’s a puzzle.

1DAB675B-E5EF-491A-9452-91AE4A7FFA9B.thumb.jpeg.57dcabf8c585f5402c16beed038f4a20.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Motobiker said:

Fortunately the wildly exciting schizophrenic I’m with tonight is fast asleep and blissfully unaware. Worn out after beating up a member of staff last night.

Fucking hell......was the staff member OK?

6 hours ago, Motobiker said:

Yesterday now. Did that rarest of things, I actually became a commuter. No rush hour traffic at 21:45 and don’t tell my insurer cause I ain’t. Rebel me. Fortunately the wildly exciting schizophrenic I’m with tonight is fast asleep and blissfully unaware. Worn out after beating up a member of staff last night. Never ceases to amaze me how these exciting incidents never happen when I’m here.

it’s a puzzle.

1DAB675B-E5EF-491A-9452-91AE4A7FFA9B.thumb.jpeg.57dcabf8c585f5402c16beed038f4a20.jpeg

Having commuting on your insurance policy makes no difference to the price.

Black eye. bruises and a bit of amateurish strangulation.

I did warn the manager that this one is unsuitable for our particular service and the level of training and experience most of the staff have. But.. what do I know?

• Like 4

7c here today.....I'm stuck in the house working!

But the good news is we're not feeling so rough today......so fingers crossed this flu is on the way out.

Still got a long way to go though!

• Like 3

Yesterday marked 5 years since the worst day of my life. Day went ok, considering, but I slept very poorly. Today got out of bed feeling hungover from lack of sleep, and went out for a ride and to meet a friend at the cafe for a burger and a chat.

Weather was cold and only had a few rain drops, I enjoyed the little rideout and it did me good to get fresh air, food was nice and simple. It was also very entertaining to see a group of GS and other big trail bikes have serious difficulty in just riding out of a parking place, and then seing the NC group have similar difficulties riding into it, what is with groups that make people ride like shit? The NC people were having red wine with their sandwiches so I might have a clue why :classic_laugh:

My friend commented that the GSs were riding waving cars passing the other way to slow down :classic_laugh:

Coming back home stopped by the local supermarket where my load of bread was waiting for me hanging from the now closed door, didn't even have to get down from the bike to get it, class! :classic_cool:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

what is with groups that make people ride like shit?

Not into this brand/model organised rideouts.

Apart from appearing to be elitist, it always seems to me that they want the mutual reassurance of other owners to justify their bike choice!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Apart from appearing to be elitist, it always seems to me that they want the mutual reassurance of other owners to justify their bike choice!

The GSs were varied though, there were a couple of Suzukis, a Triumph Trophy, the Harley, etc

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Buckster said:

Having commuting on your insurance policy makes no difference to the price.

you have to specifically mention commuting?  wtf do they think a vehicle is for?   the only thing that has to be mentioned  on insurance here is if the vehicle ( whatever it may be) is used for work purposes. getting to and from work is not the same thing. ( unless you have an accident when it becomes a workplace accident)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

i ride on my own and always have done

• Like 1

Had a little bimble today on the Beta. I haven't been on it since November so it needed a run. First thing i noticed when getting ready was my bike trousers have shrunk i'd blame the wife's washing but she hasn't washed them so not sure whats going on there LOL. The bike fired up no problem i let it warm a little and off i went to explore some woodland a few miles from me 
I went over the old parish road from my fathers house its hard to believe i drove my reliant robin up here in the late 80's and my father drove a bubble car up here in the late 60's 

IMG_E8917.thumb.JPG.7bbf88f671696079ed86e34dc95af3bb.JPG

Had a little look about in the woodland below thought i found a new trail but it was a dead end

IMG_E8918.thumb.JPG.906e0afa7ca64d74f0dd94bbb686e79a.JPG

IMG_E8919.thumb.JPG.676f2d1884433143708a2e604e076dc0.JPG

I rode over to the next valley from here for another look about, started heading down through the woodland following a trail and lost track of where i was and wasn't too keen on going back up what i just came down, stopped here for a quick wee and to get my bearings 
IMG_E8920.thumb.JPG.254bd55c5550349b1ae6c1df2a4857cd.JPG

IMG_E8922.thumb.JPG.d2e33a13262dc3d17ef255fb283d8da7.JPG

A guy passed on a trials bike on the track at the bottom of this bank so i rode down to ask him the best way out after he told me i had to come back up as i left my glasses here after my wee

IMG_E8923.thumb.JPG.e370722e993ec2b3bdee00e6134a29a7.JPG

Obligatory photo of a stream crossing

IMG_E8924.thumb.JPG.540a54b7ea44b89e095d31b665cd06b8.JPG

Back on a track i know heading over to the Rhondda valley
IMG_E8925.thumb.JPG.4cd80799e34897e0ea79adf4036b506f.JPG

Had to cut the ride short as the low oil light came on i hadn't topped it up from the last ride and didn't check it before i left which is not like me i'm usually paranoid about the two stroke oil level

This is looking up the Rhondda valley taken from a different location to my usual one which is about in line with with the handlebars on the hill in the distance by Miriam's bench

IMG_E8932.thumb.JPG.eafe7a9c443f1526f2c5f0ae3add3420.JPG

It was good to get out but i could really feel my lack of fitness i need to get out more to build it back up even my thumb was hurting i think from when i bent it back crashing the dog a few years ago

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MooN said:

you have to specifically mention commuting?  wtf do they think a vehicle is for?   the only thing that has to be mentioned  on insurance here is if the vehicle ( whatever it may be) is used for work purposes. getting to and from work is not the same thing. ( unless you have an accident when it becomes a workplace accident)

Cant you remember insurance here Moon that has been a thing since the beginning of my time its just a normal thing here, but i do feel its a way for the insurance company's to get out of paying if you fail to mention it

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

7c here today.....I'm stuck in the house working!

But the good news is we're not feeling so rough today......so fingers crossed this flu is on the way out.

Still got a long way to go though!

Never heard of a flue lasting this long .3 months now?....you're amune system must be on it's last leg Pete..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Had a little bimble today on the Beta today. I haven't been on it since November so it needed a run. First thing i noticed when getting ready was my bike trousers have shrunk i'd blame the wife's washing but she hasn't washed them so not sure whats going on there LOL. The bike fired up no problem i let it warm a little and off i went to explore some woodland a few miles from me 
I went over the old parish road from my fathers house its hard to believe i drove my reliant robin up here in the late 80's and my father drove a bubble car up here in the late 60's 

IMG_E8917.thumb.JPG.7bbf88f671696079ed86e34dc95af3bb.JPG

Had a little look about in the woodland below thought i found a new trail but it was a dead end

IMG_E8918.thumb.JPG.906e0afa7ca64d74f0dd94bbb686e79a.JPG

IMG_E8919.thumb.JPG.676f2d1884433143708a2e604e076dc0.JPG

I rode over to the next valley from here for another look about, started heading down through the woodland following a trail and lost track of where i was and wasn't too keen on going back up what i just came down, stopped here for a quick wee and to get my bearings 
IMG_E8920.thumb.JPG.254bd55c5550349b1ae6c1df2a4857cd.JPG

IMG_E8922.thumb.JPG.d2e33a13262dc3d17ef255fb283d8da7.JPG

A guy passed on a trials bike on the track at the bottom of this bank so i rode down to ask him the best way out after he told me i had to come back up as i left my glasses here after my wee

IMG_E8923.thumb.JPG.e370722e993ec2b3bdee00e6134a29a7.JPG

Obligatory photo of a stream crossing

IMG_E8924.thumb.JPG.540a54b7ea44b89e095d31b665cd06b8.JPG

Back on a track i know heading over to the Rhondda valley
IMG_E8925.thumb.JPG.4cd80799e34897e0ea79adf4036b506f.JPG

Had to cut the ride short as the low oil light came on i hadn't topped it up from the last ride and didn't check it before i left which is not like me i'm usually paranoid about the two stroke oil level

This is looking up the Rhondda valley taken from a different location to my usual one which is about in line with with the handlebars on the hill in the distance by Miriam's bench

IMG_E8932.thumb.JPG.eafe7a9c443f1526f2c5f0ae3add3420.JPG

It was good to get out but i could really feel my lack of fitness i need to get out more to build it back up even my thumb was hurting i think from when i bent it back crashing the dog a few years ago

How many fuel tanks is a full oil reservoir good for on that?

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

How many fuel tanks is a full oil reservoir good for on that?

Not sure but have done 200 mile before needing to top up, when the low level light comes on its still around half full i usually don't see the light come on so it panics me a bit when it does. I always carry 150ml of oil for emergency use but thought i didn't pack it in my rucksack but when i got home i found i had Doh!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Never heard of a flue lasting this long .3 months now?....you're amune system must be on it's last leg Pete..

5 weeks Marcel.......many others here suffering the same!

• Like 2

On 09/02/2023 at 09:21, XTreme said:

Another day......and we still feel like shit!

I’m not taking the piss anymore because I feel like shite today. Sore throat, glands are swelling…………..woooohooooooo, this is going to be fun.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

I’m not taking the piss anymore because I feel like shite today. Sore throat, glands are swelling…………..woooohooooooo, this is going to be fun.

It's worse than Covid in our experience Ray.

You end up coughing till you're heaving......and in my case I ended up injuring my back and stomach muscles.

And the fucking virus doesn't want to go!

• Sad 3