Woohoo! its the weekend

Saul

1 minute ago, Saul said:

Well it is for me anyway, no more work until next Friday 23:00 👍

Wish I was in the same condition... Gonna be a crazy day at work with everyone wanting to get their winter tires on... I can already hear the phone ringing off the wall... 

Working Fred Willard GIF

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Saul said:

It's a very long weekend for me, it will last till I shuffle off. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Wish I was in the same condition... Gonna be a crazy day at work with everyone wanting to get their winter tires on... I can already hear the phone ringing off the wall... 

Working Fred Willard GIF

Winter tyres....almost a waste of time and money for us, but I do know some folk have them fitted...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

Winter tyres....almost a waste of time and money for us, but I do know some folk have them fitted...

It's a must around here.... Not in new Brunswick.. But a few provinces its the law.. Heavy fines if you don't.. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Saul said:

This is great to see members taking the initiative to start a weekend thread giving Pete a fucking break!

, This is what moderation brings, peace on earth, good tidings and pot in every ones pipes. 

MMRGA :littleguy:

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Tym said:

This is great to see members taking the initiative to start a weekend thread giving Pete a fucking break!

That's what we need Tym.....more initiative here!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

It's a must around here.... Not in new Brunswick.. But a few provinces its the law.. Heavy fines if you don't.. 

It's law to have winter tyres or snow socks/chains  1 November to end of March in some of the communes round here. My missus' journey to work falls just outside of the zone, but we'll probably get some snow socks for her car, just in case.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Every day is the weekend for me now! Don't miss that work stuff one bit! 😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Talking of zones Bristols clean air zone starts 28th November. I've already been sent a warning letter for entering the restricted area, it'll cost £9 to drive directly to where my sons living but as he's about 50 metres outside the zone I will be able to drive around it.

Wonder how much extra pollution and congestion it's going to cause as the tiny roads surrounding the area clog up. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Talking of zones Bristols clean air zone starts 28th November. I've already been sent a warning letter for entering the restricted area, it'll cost £9 to drive directly to where my sons living but as he's about 50 metres outside the zone I will be able to drive around it.

Wonder how much extra pollution and congestion it's going to cause as the tiny roads surrounding the area clog up. 

We've got Critair stickers (clean air zones) for our cars and my motorbike. They cost about 5€ each and, as all of them are fairly low emission vehicles, we can enter most cities with the restrictions without further issue. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Tango said:

We've got Critair stickers (clean air zones) for our cars and my motorbike. They cost about 5€ each and, as all of them are fairly low emission vehicles, we can enter most cities with the restrictions without further issue. 

My car needs to go but I'm having trouble parting with it, I somehow justify keeping it by telling myself I don't drive it very often which is true but not a good enough reason to keep it . We've switched everything else over to being compliant apart from one old car based van. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tango said:

It's law to have winter tyres or snow socks/chains  1 November to end of March in some of the communes round here. My missus' journey to work falls just outside of the zone, but we'll probably get some snow socks for her car, just in case.

we're just outside the zone too, but as we go down to Lyon regularly and will be going to stinking hell  the UK and back for Christmas we'll be crossing zones where they are obligatory so i've had "all season tyres fitted" but still don't know if they count or not... 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MooN said:

i've had "all season tyres fitted" but still don't know if they count or not.

If they have the snow symbol on them that should be enough to be legal. 

• Like 2