Last Weekend in October!

XTreme

Weather looks decent here......

1718927272_Screenshot2022-10-28103807.jpg.a40ac671350d81da145f523927cf8bcb.jpg

.......so I hope to get out on both days if possible!

And of course, the clocks go back an hour early Sunday morning.......so don't forget to reset them.

Though considering most of you are living in the past anyway maybe it's not necessary?

So what are you twats doing? And if you're doing anything other than trolling me on here then a ride report is obligatory!

paul feig look GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well you did ask 😅

Friday

Shanty singing night down at The Ship Inn,  Pentewan tonight, then off to work at Bodmin Hospital on the Urgent Care Car East at 23:00, which sounds fancy but it's not really.  We do get to be out most of the night and are in proximity to Maccy's Fraddon that gives us free coffee.

Saturday 

Finish at 08:00, hopefully, then home to sleep, back on shift at 22:00 on Urgent Care Car East rinse and repeat

Sunday

Finish at 08:00 home to sleep, then get my daughter up to Stoke Climsland for 18:00 to start her residential week at Duchy College, then home.  Back to work at 22:00 to 08:00 at Launceston Hospital driving Launceston Area Car.   

Nothing very exciting, I get to commute on my bike Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Saul said:

Well you did ask 😅

Friday

Shanty singing night down at The Ship Inn,  Pentewan tonight, then off to work at Bodmin Hospital on the Urgent Care Car East at 23:00, which sounds fancy but it's not really.  We do get to be out most of the night and are in proximity to Maccy's Fraddon that gives us free coffee.

Saturday 

Finish at 08:00, hopefully, then home to sleep, back on shift at 22:00 on Urgent Care Car East rinse and repeat

Sunday

Finish at 08:00 home to sleep, then get my daughter up to Stoke Climsland for 18:00 to start her residential week at Duchy College, then home.  Back to work at 22:00 to 08:00 at Launceston Hospital driving Launceston Area Car.   

Doesn't working nights wear you down Saul?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Weather looks decent here......

1718927272_Screenshot2022-10-28103807.jpg.a40ac671350d81da145f523927cf8bcb.jpg

.......so I hope to get out on both days if possible!

And of course, the clocks go back an hour early Sunday morning.......so don't forget to reset them.

Though considering most of you are living in the past anyway maybe it's not necessary?

So what are you twats doing? And if you're doing anything other than trolling me on here then a ride report is obligatory!

paul feig look GIF

Well.....tonight I ride south to my parents for the night and tomorrow I pick up the new beasty......I'm like a kid in a sweet shop at the moment.

excited bird GIF

Insurance is sorted £595 all told so far setup and paid for which I though was pretty cheap.

Once I pick it up it is a couple of hour ride over to my mates exhaust shop near Peterborough to see about getting a shorty pipe for it so it will be loud enough to wake the dead and everything in my life will be perfect....

Then Sunday I will probably/definitely be out on the bike for a short while so I can see just how it goes round corners and fires me towards the horizon in my backyard playground....

Reports and pics are imminent I feel....if I can stop for long enough to take any.....

So laters fuckers

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Well you did ask 😅

Friday

Saturday 

Sunday

I could never get to grips with night work, used to mess me right up.

• Like 3

I don't mind so much, would rather not work nights but I do enjoy my job.    If I could get something normal I would but everything in the current job market isn't very attractive.    

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Doesn't working nights wear you down Saul?

I am normally fooked come Monday morning but a good nights sleep Monday night and I am back on track, then I am free until the next Friday.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Well.....tonight I ride south to my parents for the night and tomorrow I pick up the new beasty......I'm like a kid in a sweet shop at the moment.

excited bird GIF

Insurance is sorted £595 all told so far setup and paid for which I though was pretty cheap.

Once I pick it up it is a couple of hour ride over to my mates exhaust shop near Peterborough to see about getting a shorty pipe for it so it will be loud enough to wake the dead and everything in my life will be perfect....

Then Sunday I will probably/definitely be out on the bike for a short while so I can see just how it goes round corners and fires me towards the horizon in my backyard playground....

Reports and pics are imminent I feel....if I can stop for long enough to take any.....

So laters fuckers

ken jeong ha gay GIF

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Saul said:

If I could get something normal I would but everything in the current job market isn't very attractive. 

And the older you are the less attractive you are to potential employers!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Whats looks got to do with it you want to work with them not date them LOL

I bet its definitely true of women....any woman 40 plus will probably never get another job.....

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Saul said:

….get my daughter up to Stoke Climsland for 18:00 to start her residential week at Duchy College, then home. 

What is that?

Mr Slowly being the happy soul he is often starts singing, particularly first thing in the morning, I have to say the shanty’s piss my dark heart off most 😆

The only shanty Ive enjoyed has been the one in Jaws but I think that’s because it’s in Jaws 😆

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What is that?

Mr Slowly being the happy soul he is often starts singing, particularly first thing in the morning, I have to say the shanty’s piss my dark heart off most 😆

The only shanty Ive enjoyed has been the one in Jaws but I think that’s because it’s in Jaws 😆

My Oldest daughter Kady is studying Equine and stable management in her second year.  Part of the course  is that she spends every 3rd week working in and running Duchy Colleges stables and livery yard.   I don't exactly know what it's all about. I have been told but when I hear horse I sort of switch off.  I have a horse mad wife and two daughters that are probably worse.   Personally I am not keen on the bleddy things and have as little to do with them as possible.  

What I am going to down at Pentewan is locally known as a Pub Shout.  Basically a sing along, I said shanty evening so as not to have to explain, there will be shanties, Cornish songs, folk, maybe even some choir harmony, show tunes what ever anybody wants to do really as long as it sounds good.   Normally pretty reasonable quality singing, calling it a Shout is misleading but it is the term used.   Happens a lot down here, I was up the local rugby club singing last night as they are trying to get a regular shout going, and as an old player and choir member I have been called along to help out.  

• Like 3