What?? You walked??!!

Slowlycatchymonkey

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You lost me there but that's not hard as I played winger so I must be dense  :classic_laugh:

You quoted the bit where I said- 

“Fat also seems to prevent free movement.”

Was a tie in with the posts on another thread about freedom of movement 😂

• Haha 2

Out and about with the Dear Boy today, Did a loop around the cliffs and home, I misspoke before it was 7.7k not 7.5.  Just checked my watch thing.      Noticed a lone fishing boat out in the bay. On Thursday you normally see a warship out in the Bay as we aren't that far away from Plymouth.  I haven't seen one for weeks now which makes me think they are elsewhere. 

For some strange reason Odie, the short ginger fella, loves a bit of rock hopping.  He once saw a crab and has been looking for Mr Pinchy ever since.  

Walking up out of the beach I saw some green and pleasant land that I thought Pete would like the look of 😉

IMG_8019.jpg

IMG_8020.jpg

IMG_8022.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_8031.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Saul said:

Out and about with the Dear Boy today, Did a loop around the cliffs and home, I misspoke before it was 7.7k not 7.5.  Just checked my watch thing.      Noticed a lone fishing boat out in the bay. On Thursday you normally see a warship out in the Bay as we aren't that far away from Plymouth.  I haven't seen one for weeks now which makes me think they are elsewhere. 

For some strange reason Odie, the short ginger fella, loves a bit of rock hopping.  He once saw a crab and has been looking for Mr Pinchy ever since.  

Walking up out of the beach I saw some green and pleasant land that I thought Pete would like the look of 😉

IMG_8019.jpg

IMG_8020.jpg

IMG_8022.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_8031.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

Great coastline. The sort that is great viewed from inside a warm pub in stormy weather. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Great coastline. The sort that is great viewed from inside a warm pub in stormy weather. 

I would agree, but I gotta walk on a regular basis and have missed a few days because of my youngest's dramas.   

• Like 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

How’s that going? Calmed down now?

Not so bad actually, she is back in school.  Allsorts is in process for her at school. We are off to see the Doc tomorrow, to talk about depression and anxiety, also we are worried that she may have ADHD.  So still very concerned but she is in a happier place now and is going back to riding on Saturday which has been her life for the last 6 years and hopefully a good sign.   

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Saul said:

Not so bad actually, she is back in school.  Allsorts is in process for her at school. We are off to see the Doc tomorrow, to talk about depression and anxiety, also we are worried that she may have ADHD.  So still very concerned but she is in a happier place now and is going back to riding on Saturday which has been her life for the last 6 years and hopefully a good sign.   

Sounds promising. 
The waiting list for ADHD assessment are enormous, I’d push for assessment now cos it could take a while. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sounds promising. 
The waiting list for ADHA assessment are enormous, I’d push for assessment now cos it could take a while. 

Yeah we had the heads up on that yesterday from the Council Youth worker.   She also advised us to push for her to see the Educational Psychologist, who we know as she helped our son years ago.    As the school has to pay for this they tend not to refer if they can help it.  I am tenacious though when it comes to the kids.   

• Like 5

Did 10k today with the Dear Boy, same area as yesterday but instead I cut across the headland along the Saints Way to Tregaminion and came to the beach from the other side.    Bit windy but not a bad day to be out.  The Lodge house is for Menabilly House where Daphne Du Maurier wrote Rebecca, Menabilly is Mandelay in the book.  The light house structure is actually a navigation Day Mark called the Gribbin.  It can be seen for miles around and tends to be the focus of many photos.  

The look of that dodgy style over the barbed wire made me wince, not going to be trying that anytime soon.  

You can see the remnants of a shipwreck down on Polridmouth Beach.   I can't remember the name of the wreck but it was a Frenchman from around the 1900s, google it if you care enough.   

Can't feel my legs now so may give it a rest tomorrow.  

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

IMG_8060.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8064.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8073.jpg

IMG_8074.jpg

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Saul said:

Did 10k today with the Dear Boy, same area as yesterday but instead I cut across the headland along the Saints Way to Tregaminion and came to the beach from the other side.    Bit windy but not a bad day to be out.  The Lodge house is for Menabilly House where Daphne Du Maurier wrote Rebecca, Menabilly is Mandelay in the book.  The light house structure is actually a navigation Day Mark called the Gribbin.  It can be seen for miles around and tends to be the focus of many photos.  

The look of that dodgy style over the barbed wire made me wince, not going to be trying that anytime soon.  

You can see the remnants of a shipwreck down on Polridmouth Beach.   I can't remember the name of the wreck but it was a Frenchman from around the 1900s, google it if you care enough.   

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

IMG_8060.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8064.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8073.jpg

IMG_8074.jpg

Nice shots!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You're on bicycles more than the bike Bob!

Yeah, just how it is at the moment, Pete. Weekends are a no-go for the bike at the moment, as Mandy has lost her biking mojo, and weekdays just evaporate! Hopefully I'll get out on the bike sometime this week if the weather holds.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Tango said:

Yeah, just how it is at the moment, Pete. Weekends are a no-go for the bike at the moment, as Mandy has lost her biking mojo, and weekdays just evaporate! Hopefully I'll get out on the bike sometime this week if the weather holds.

Whats happened to Mandy? 😔

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Whats happened to Mandy? 😔

I don't know. Maybe it's that she does a fair mileage in the car getting to and from work. But she says that her confidence on the bike has gone for some reason. Maybe just a passing phase.

• Like 3

Out for a walk around my home Town with the Ginger Fella.  Well not really around the town but along the outskirts along a canal path.  We also walked past the old railway yard.  The red brick building you can see was part of the old railway sheds where the Locos were kept.  Originally the was a massive turntable where locos were spun around and either sent back on their axis or into one of the sheds.    The reason I point that out as it was the place that Rev Awdry saw that inspired him to write the tails of Thomas the Tank engine.    Shame they are just industrial units now, but I do remember the turntable and engines when I was a kid.   So at a real stretch you could say I grew up near Sodor. I followed the canal path right up through St Blazey to Ponts Mill woods and the Luxulyan Valley.   A fantastic place absolutely littered with old abandoned industry, which is being slowly turned into a massive sort of park.  When I was a kid is was just forgotten and overgrown and a great place for adventures on a dirt bike.  Not permitted to do that now but it is a great place to go and spend a few hours.  There is very much more to it that we covered today. We both did 8.5k and got absolutely soaked but it was a good walk.    

IMG_8148.JPG

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8103.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8143.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

IMG_8145.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 16:29, Saul said:

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

IMG_8060.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8064.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8073.jpg

IMG_8074.jpg

That looks an absolutely brilliant walk :littleguy:

• Like 1

Just now, boboneleg said:

That looks an absolutely brilliant walk :littleguy:

It's a very cool place.  I have always loved it up in those woods.  If people want to see it I will post some more pictures of the place.   I am torn really because when we were kids you could spend hours up there having adventures and never see a soul.  Now it's more  like a leisure park.  It is being opened up and looked after so that is a good thing but it does get crowded in the summer.  It feels like our secret place has been taken away which is daft really.  Many good memories and tails to tell about that place.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Saul said:

It's a very cool place.  I have always loved it up in those woods.  If people want to see it I will post some more pictures of the place.   I am torn really because when we were kids you could spend hours up there having adventures and never see a soul.  Now it's more  like a leisure park.  It is being opened up and looked after so that is a good thing but it does get crowded in the summer.  It feels like our secret place has been taken away which is daft really.  Many good memories and tails to tell about that place.  

Secret is always better. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Saul said:

Out for a walk around my home Town with the Ginger Fella.  Well not really around the town but along the outskirts along a canal path.  We also walked past the old railway yard.  The red brick building you can see was part of the old railway sheds where the Locos were kept.  Originally the was a massive turntable where locos were spun around and either sent back on their axis or into one of the sheds.    The reason I point that out as it was the place that Rev Awdry saw that inspired him to write the tails of Thomas the Tank engine.    Shame they are just industrial units now, but I do remember the turntable and engines when I was a kid.   So at a real stretch you could say I grew up near Sodor. I followed the canal path right up through St Blazey to Ponts Mill woods and the Luxulyan Valley.   A fantastic place absolutely littered with old abandoned industry, which is being slowly turned into a massive sort of park.  When I was a kid is was just forgotten and overgrown and a great place for adventures on a dirt bike.  Not permitted to do that now but it is a great place to go and spend a few hours.  There is very much more to it that we covered today. We both did 8.5k and got absolutely soaked but it was a good walk.    

IMG_8148.JPG

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8103.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8143.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

IMG_8145.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

Love areas like that. We nearly always have a walk when in Manchester, (royton area), and sometimes find little gems of old industry. Towpaths are a good clue to finding things although most of the old mills are being knocked down or redeveloped.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

What a characterful companion you’ve got!

Character he has in spades.  I could gush about him all day, my best bud 🥰  I won't as this isn't the place.  

• Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 11:00, Saul said:

Ginger with crabs? Sounds familiar, what do you say @XTreme?

• Haha 2