What?? You walked??!!

Slowlycatchymonkey

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@busabeast That’s true. It’s easy to become muscle bound (well easy for someone muscular). Muscly people are rarely flexible. Fat also seems to prevent free movement. 

Yeah obviously I do have some fat but I'm not particularly fat, I'm alot smaller than a few of similar weight to me at the rugby club

• Like 3

Rugby players are a different category to normal population. 

Well some are....there's a lad at the club on scales verified he weighs 3lb less than me but is near on twice my size because he's just blubber, he is the one who prior to the overs/unders game was saying he was going to smash me up in the scrum, the game was called at 37 minutes because he did his neck.....

He couldn't handle the pressure and I was going very easy on him but it shut him up 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Well some are....there's a lad at the club on scales verified he weighs 3lb less than me but is near on twice my size because he's just blubber, he is the one who prior to the overs/unders game was saying he was going to smash me up in the scrum, the game was called at 37 minutes because he did his neck.....

He couldn't handle the pressure and I was going very easy on him but it shut him up 

The ones that chat shit before hand are always the first to fall arent they.

That seems to apply to any pursuit!

• Like 2

The ones that chat shit before hand are always the first to fall arent they.

That seems to apply any pursuit!

Very much so.

Had a very good game start of October though, 1st prop and I were very well matched, 2nd prop I broke him within half a dozen scrums then I broke their hooker....suspected broken ribs after we ran other the top of their scrum

• Like 1

Just now, busabeast said:

Very much so.

Had a very good game start of October though, 1st prop and I were very well matched, 2nd prop I broke him within half a dozen scrums then I broke their hooker....suspected broken ribs after we ran other the top of their scrum

It never ceases to amaze me how a props size doesn’t indicate if they’ll be any good at all. 
The skill and power delivery is such a totally different factor there’s no calling it before hand (unless you know the players).

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me how a props size doesn’t indicate if they’ll be any good at all. 
The skill and power delivery is such a totally different factor there’s no calling it before hand (unless you know the players).

Exactly that, it's always the smaller props that you need to watch out for, if they are small they are always very technically good 

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Exactly that, it's always the smaller props that you need to watch out for, if they are small they are always very technically good 

I also think they may have an unseen advantage. That maybe the muscle being compacted on a slightly shorter limb is useful. 

Mind you when Clive Woodward took everyone including the props too far down to skinny athlete size it was interesting to how they faired against the shall we say chunkier props. 

Went back the other way pretty quick after that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Same with security personnel, bodyguards etc.

If you see one small, insignificant guy with a bunch of giant Roiders you know he's the dangerous one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Same with security personnel, bodyguards etc.

If you see one small, insignificant guy with a bunch of giant Roiders you know he's the dangerous one.

Last time we was down in stortford me and the wife went out to the pub for a while and the doorman and I got talking and he was asking about me and door work and security work if I'd ever done any and then said if I ever needed in he could get me in within minutes but I kindly declined. 

I have done some door work but don't fancy it at the moment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No no no just that if people weren’t fat we’d still be in Europe 🤪

You lost me there but that's not hard as I played winger so I must be dense  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I also think they may have an unseen advantage. That maybe the muscle being compacted on a slightly shorter limb is useful. 

Mind you when Clive Woodward took everyone including the props too far down to skinny athlete size it was interesting to how they faired against the shall we say chunkier props. 

Went back the other way pretty quick after that. 

Are you on about Andy Sheridan with the skinny athletic props Danny Devito Smh GIF

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

You lost me there but that's not hard as I played winger so I must be dense  :classic_laugh:

Only slightly dense, if you'd been a 10 you'd have been full blown dense

• Haha 2