Is Photoshopping admissible in BOTM pics?

XTreme

Is Photoshopping admissible in BOTM pics?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Photoshopping admissible in BOTM pics?

• YES....only if it's necessary due to bad light etc!
    • NO....no Photoshopping of any kind!

This poll is closed to new votes

My personal feeling is if you need to brighten an image up a bit because of bad light etc.....that's fine!

However, if you take it to the extreme of making a Toxic Waste Dump look like some sort of Tropical Caribbean Paradise then it's gone too far! Because it's now turned into a Mawsley Special.

As always, we'll do it democratically and the majority can decide! 

Poll runs for 24 hours so place your vote and give your thoughts on it!

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My personal feeling is if you need to brighten an image up a bit because of bad light etc.....that's fine!

However, if you take it to the extreme of making a Toxic Waste Dump look like some sort of Tropical Caribbean Paradise then it's gone too far! Because it's now turned into a Mawsley Special.

As always, we'll do it democratically and the majority can decide! 

Poll runs for 24 hours so place your vote and give your thoughts on it!

Well if it goes no then i'll have to buy a shit phone to take photos so they can be as dull and colourless as yours :classic_laugh:

• Haha 8

I say yes. 

Tuning a picture is part of the picture taking thing now, annoys me I don’t know how to do it properly and the times I tried I ended up with something resembling a cartoon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Plus, how would you know if it’s taken photoshop of any kind or not? You don’t know.

Fred's backdrops in the Welsh Valleys don't look like anything I've ever seen in Wales.

My view was it's OK to enhance a pic but those are Mawsley levels of enhancement.

In his pics he made his POS Vespa on a back lane look like a fucking MV Agusta in Monte Carlo!

• Haha 5

i like @Tym photos  , it looks like he throws his phone up in the air and when it hits the deck it clicks and takes a photo as its bouncing back up in the air and catches a bit of his bike .... quality 

• Haha 6

I think it's fine and not just for if the lights bad. 

Who cares if its enhanced, if it's a good photo it's a good photo regardless of whether someone technicolored it, used an expensive camera, has done a photography course or has some other advantage.

This isn't a professional photography competition. Banning stuff and rules is all a bit serious for something thats supposed to be lightweight fun.

It's not a sport, photoshopping aint doping.

I'm wondering if Pete's lack of wins has him trying to eliminate the competition? 😆

Mad Men Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I agree with Pedro on this one, but also agree that there's a difference between " fine tuning "  a picture ( cropping a bit, erasing the reg number,  redimensioning etc ) and there's serious photoshop type manipulation like making the sky blue when it wasn't, adding or removing elements, which is a little bit cheating really.  where to draw the line and how to decide is the real problem.  I would be inclined to make no stipulations at all other than those already in place and people vote for which pic they like best according to their own criteria if it becomes silly people will either stop voting or stop participating. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MooN said:

I agree with Pedro on this one, but also agree that there's a difference between " fine tuning "  a picture ( cropping a bit, erasing the reg number,  redimensioning etc ) and there's serious photoshop type manipulation like making the sky blue when it wasn't, adding or removing elements, which is a little bit cheating really.  where to draw the line and how to decide is the real problem.  I would be inclined to make no stipulations at all other than those already in place and people vote for which pic they like best according to their own criteria if it becomes silly people will either stop voting or stop participating. 

Yep you can see when its been over done and if you don't like that sort of thing vote accordingly. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I'm wondering if Pete's lack of wins has him trying to eliminate the competition? 😆

Mad Men Reaction GIF

Not at all.....the point has been raised in the past about pics being "enhanced".

50 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think it's fine and not just for if the lights bad. 

Who cares if its enhanced, if it's a good photo it's a good photo regardless of whether someone technicolored it, used an expensive camera, has done a photography course or has some other advantage.

This isn't a professional photography competition. Banning stuff and rules is all a bit serious for something thats supposed to be lightweight fun.

It's not a sport, photoshopping aint doping.

Mad Men Reaction GIF

sam winchester yawn GIF

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I'm betting the no photoshopping voters are the less tech savvy folk on here!

Not really... I can Photoshop pictures... But it's like trying to make myself look like I'm 20 years old but actually 57... 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Not really... I can Photoshop pictures... But it's like trying to make myself look like I'm 20 years old but actually 57... 

I wouldn't compare enhancing a motorbike picture to trying to make yourself look younger.

Maybe if you go bananas on the photo it starts to look more like art than a straight photo but I don't see that as a problem, a motorbike looking good is fine by me... and other's or they wouldn't vote it. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I think it should be left at it's natural state.... It's cheating.... It's like these women who Photoshop selfie of them self.... 

ive heard the women you go with are so old , their pussies are haunted.

• Haha 5