Post any picture that you want to.

zzzak

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Excellent pics. Particularly like this one, if I'd taken that I'd have framed it!

Thanks, I've just been looking for more photos of that day and found some in a folder called snow lol added to the post 

12 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Thanks, I've just been looking for more photos of that day and found some in a folder called snow lol added to the post 

Seventh pic down looks like its been deliberately shot in black and white and had a red bike picked out for the colour part!

Bet that would photoshop nicely 😂

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Seventh pic down looks like its been deliberately shot in black and white and had a red bike picked out for the colour part!

Bet that would photoshop nicely 😂

I took those photos with my old canon camera before the days of a tidy phone camera you can see in some of the photos i played with the settings a bit. Sad thing  is i uploaded all my photos to photobucket and lost the quality of them doing it , the one i always think looks photoshopped is this one. My mate Gary looks like he was put in there to me

IMG_4270.jpg.a7edfa3a4bdc7db6fa46a0d0e8da2d78.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I took those photos with my old canon camera before the days of a tidy phone camera you can see in some of the photos i played with the settings a bit. Sad thing  is i uploaded all my photos to photobucket and lost the quality of them doing it , the one i always think looks photoshopped is this one. My mate Gary looks like he was put in there to me

IMG_4270.jpg.a7edfa3a4bdc7db6fa46a0d0e8da2d78.jpg

I remember that report.....about 10 years ago wasn't it?

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I would invest in some shelter for the car, doesn't it get old really quick having to dig it out?

It's usually inside the garage... But that day the forecast called for 5cm and we ended with 30cm... Its a 4 x4.. Takes more than that to be stuck.. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

It's usually inside the garage... But that day the forecast called for 5cm and we ended with 30cm... Its a 4 x4.. Takes more than that to be stuck.. 

I meant just getting inside the car and having a foot of snow on top of all the glass.

In Sweden I saw that some buildings have warm air hoses coming from the heating in the basement to the street parking, that you put under the car or through a window adaptor so that you have a clear car in the morning. Not to mention the electrical plug in the front to keep the engine bay defrosted.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Math's isn't my strong point but considering i said it was this day in 2010 i would make it 12 years ago :classic_laugh:

Don't worry Fred it doesn't appear to be Pete's strong point either 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Do you still get into work every day in this weather or are you stuck in the house

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

2 inches.......that would bring the uk to a complete standstill, even an eighth of an inch does that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Do you still get into work every day in this weather or are you stuck in the house

The only time we might close.. Is when we get blizzards.. You can see anything.. Complete white out.. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I meant just getting inside the car and having a foot of snow on top of all the glass.

In Sweden I saw that some buildings have warm air hoses coming from the heating in the basement to the street parking, that you put under the car or through a window adaptor so that you have a clear car in the morning. Not to mention the electrical plug in the front to keep the engine bay defrosted.

Ya it's a pain in the ass.... Like I said when ever the forecast calls for any significant amount... It's inside the garage.... Wish my garage was big enough to fit the tractor and the truck... So I switch them around at times... Truck has a command start.. Take about 10 minutes for everything to nice and warm... Everything comes on.. Heated steering wheel.. Seats.. And both glass have defrosters.. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

While looking for photos i took this month i opened this folder by mistake it was this day in 2010 and what a cracking day it was ending up spending a night in a pub because it was a bit too ropey to get home in the dark
Riding though the Elan valley

Edit found some more of the day added in the order they were taken

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

G.jpg.64ee592221b2e113d6b9691fbcf58a9d.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4280-1.jpg

IMG_4283-1.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4303.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

I can remember when you pair of nutters did that.  I can see the conversation when it started getting dodgy , 

Gary:  what spares have you got with you Fred in case it gets dodgy ?

Fred:  a petrol can with no petrol in it 

Gary: oh, fucking great :classic_rolleyes: :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I can remember when you pair of nutters did that.  I can see the conversation when it started getting dodgy , 

:rofl:

25 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

When we got to the bottom of the Elan valley it was really bad and the actual conversation was as simple as this 

Gary:- its not looking good what do you think

Me:- we should head back but we will never get the chance to ride the Elan valley in the snow ever again what do you think

Gary :- Lets carry on then

And off we went within minutes the snow stopped falling and the only tyre tracks were mine and Gary's until we got back on the A470 at llangurig in the dark, started going downhill from there until we stopped in the pub for the night

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When we got to the bottom of the Elan valley it was really bad and the actual conversation was as simple as this 

Gary:- its not looking good what do you think

Me:- we should head back but we will never get the chance to ride the Elan valley in the snow ever again what do you think

Gary :- Lets carry on then

And off we went within minutes the snow stopped falling and the only tyre tracks were mine and Gary's until we got back on the A470 at llangurig in the dark, started going downhill from there until we stopped in the pub for the night

Great memories 👍

• Like 2