First Weekend in August!

XTreme

3 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Haven’t been keeping up with things, what business are you in?

Service station and car and light trucks repair shop.. Towing... General repairs... No wheel alignment or ac works.. The place was started in 1976 by my uncle Alvin.. He retired in 1997.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Most of them sound like Scousers up there anyway.

No their all from Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, or Slovenia at least anyone working in a hotel bar or restaurant are, very rare i hear a welsh accent when ordering  a pint 

12 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

No their all from Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, or Slovenia at least anyone working in a hotel bar or restaurant are, very rare i hear a welsh accent when ordering  a pint 

I thought they'd all been ethnically cleansed? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Haven’t been keeping up with things, what business are you in?

Service station and car and light trucks repair shop.. Towing... General repairs... No wheel alignment or ac works.... Here's a pic of the shop in question... Nothing fancy.. 3 door garage with 4  license Tec on duty.. 

Screenshot_20220805_172930_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Service station and car and light trucks repair shop.. Towing... General repairs... No wheel alignment or ac works.... Here's a pic of the shop in question... Nothing fancy.. 3 door garage with 4  license Tec on duty.. 

Screenshot_20220805_172930_com.facebook.katana.jpg

No AC works? Hell, Marcel, that and a good exhaust diagnostics machine make a shop. 

I love the truck, though, to a Portuguese guy that big chrome front makes me think you live in a Hollywood movie.

While I was waiting for Costa to have a good sniff and make up his mind about having a poop or not, I took a couple of pictures dedicated to @yen_powell, of my local cemitery on a dewy night. The crossed bones above the gates have always seemed kind of weird to me.

IMG_6790.thumb.jpeg.44d9c14f3b42fc86c5ca5257b863392e.jpeg

IMG_6788.thumb.jpeg.05590ee7a343739df86909ccdb5991c7.jpeg

IMG_6789.thumb.jpeg.1c6c936add7effed5e278bca502443d2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

How old was the bike Clive?

His bike is a 22 years old XV1600 Wildstar....which he hardly rides, but he won't sell it he says.

His his wife has a 2001  VT750dc., that she has not used for several years, which he is thinking of selling, his wife has given him permission to sell it. 🤔 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Looks like i'm out on the bike tomorrow now got a man I've never met picking me up in a van in the morning and taking me up country for some riding

Confused Little Girl GIF

Sounds kind of iffy, dude. Be safe.

By safe, I mean take protection.

By protection, I hope you know what I mean. It's not knee pads, well, not just knee pads....

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Looks like i'm out on the bike tomorrow now got a man I've never met picking me up in a van in the morning and taking me up country for some riding

Confused Little Girl GIF

Im Scared Not Afraid GIF by Aurora Consulting - EIDL Consulting 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

His bike is a 22 years old XV1600 Wildstar....which he hardly rides, but he won't sell it he says.

I can get it why someone doesn't sell a bike like that, unless he needs the money. It's something he treasures.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No AC works? Hell, Marcel, that and a good exhaust diagnostics machine make a shop. 

I love the truck, though, to a Portuguese guy that big chrome front makes me think you live in a Hollywood movie.

There's really no demand enough here.... You get work for maybe a month or 2...and that's it... People don't get there ac fix soon has the weather turns cooler... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

There's really no demand enough here.... You get work for maybe a month or 2...and that's it... People don't get there ac fix soon has the weather turns cooler... 

They're idiots, do a marketing thing, tell client how AC in the winter works for both heating up while keeping glass nice and clear. Windows will clear twice as fast with AC.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I can get it why someone doesn't sell a bike like that, unless he needs the money. It's something he treasures.

He has had it from brand new, he does ride it, but not very often as he has slight mobility issues, he calls it his baby....and he definitely does not need the money.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Confused Little Girl GIF

deliverance banjo GIF

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Confused Little Girl GIF

In the time between posting that and now I've checked the Beta over oiled the chain topped up the two stroke oil and changed the front and rear pads might have had another ride in them but didn't want to take the chance as i don't know how far we'll go tomorrow

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

In the time between posting that and now I've checked the Beta over oiled the chain topped up the two stroke oil and changed the front and rear pads might have had another ride in them but didn't want to take the chance as i don't know how far we'll go tomorrow

What is your opinion on the modern 2 stroke by now? Regarding the auto oil mix and the practicality of it all, including the rideability for someone not MX?

59 minutes ago, Pedro said:

They're idiots, do a marketing thing, tell client how AC in the winter works for both heating up while keeping glass nice and clear. Windows will clear twice as fast with AC.

Try explaining to a customer that the car dash has to come out to replace the evaporator.... You work like a slave for entire day and part of the next day... For messely profit on a evap and a ac refill.... Makes no business sence to me.... I make money on selling parts... I can do 10 brake jobs or suspension work.. Which is way more profit for the business 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Pedro said:

What is your opinion on the modern 2 stroke by now? Regarding the auto oil mix and the practicality of it all, including the rideability for someone not MX?

I think its great Pedro, its a little vibey on the footrests but pretty smooth at constant throttle and will sit at 55mph on the road, does around 40mpg and can i just fill up at the pump without messing about with oil. Probably do about 150 to 200 miles before the low level light comes on for the two stroke oil but i just refill after every ride.  I don't like the maintenance schedule but its a two stroke and to be expected on the plus side its easy to rebuild and i don't like oil pump as its electronic and scares me as it looks so fragile would have prefered a mechanical pump like the old DT's had years ago i carry a small bottle of oil as an emergency measure if the pump did fail, lots of people go back to premix but that defeats the reason i bought the bike being oil injected was the only reason considered buying it

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pedro said:

While I was waiting for Costa to have a good sniff and make up his mind about having a poop or not, I took a couple of pictures dedicated to @yen_powell, of my local cemitery on a dewy night. The crossed bones above the gates have always seemed kind of weird to me.

IMG_6790.thumb.jpeg.44d9c14f3b42fc86c5ca5257b863392e.jpeg

IMG_6788.thumb.jpeg.05590ee7a343739df86909ccdb5991c7.jpeg

IMG_6789.thumb.jpeg.1c6c936add7effed5e278bca502443d2.jpeg

That's a pretty grave yard, thank you for the pictures. Have you got any local churches with piled up bones, the sort that make a display of them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

That's a pretty grave yard, thank you for the pictures. Have you got any local churches with piled up bones, the sort that make a display of them?

Not local to me, no, but I’ve been in a couple of those, I think they’re more common in the Alentejo.

It takes quite a lot for me to go and look at the inside of a chapel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I've spent a good half an hour looking inside this one in Evora, it's not as well lit as these pictures below indicate, which makes it gloomier. 

image.png.61e091ee77ad3abb90122f1393ade30d.png

image.png.dcd7f5cab75ed115dbd8259115b2d235.png

image.png.d47da8ccf507658c9a9931aa2ceae963.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1