Valentines for your beloved

Grace (BikeHedonia)

What did everyone get their bikes for Valentine's Day? I bought bike wash and a new oil filter, lucky girls. I also bought myself roses (because who else is going to) and was genuinely pleased with my ability to get them home safely inside my jacket despite hitting some high velocities on the super highway. 

Small delights.

IMG_20220214_130951_077.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

What did everyone get their bikes for Valentine's Day? I bought bike wash and a new oil filter, lucky girls. I also bought myself roses (because who else is going to) and was genuinely pleased with my ability to get them home safely inside my jacket despite hitting some high velocities on the super highway. 

Small delights.

IMG_20220214_130951_077.jpg

No guy to give you roses Grace?

What's the world coming to?

Real men are a dying breed these days!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No guy to give you roses Grace?

What's the world coming to?

Real men are a dying breed these days!

It's okay, the clever ones have figured out that the way to my heart is motorcycle parts. 

• Haha 6

Just now, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Even better than valentine's day is today - the day after - it's my anniversary of departure. 5 years exactly.

Do they stop looking for you after 5 years? Some States do here. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

I wish student loans worked like that too...

Education has gotton to expensive, my dad worked his way through dental school while taking care of a newborn child, no loans, just hard work.

Its still hard work, now you have to take out a mortgage too, that cant be disposed off in bankrupsy courts...ok.

Dont sign me up for that, i just went part time for ten years got a degree then dropped out, income tax? Slavery! :littleguy:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

We don't bother with gifts/flowers anymore, sometimes go out for a drink n food.

Bunch of roses going for £275 in London, she'd smack me about the head if I spent that. 

I have my standards, i wont put out unless i get dinner and a movie first.  🤓

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

We don't bother with gifts/flowers anymore, sometimes go out for a drink n food.

Bunch of roses going for £275 in London, she'd smack me about the head if I spent that. 

good god, and I'd agree with her. That's KTM parts prices!! My roses cost me about 2 pounds

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2022 at 20:16, Mawsley said:

Three years to go and they can stop sending me letters reminding me I’ve been a failure in life and never earned a lot of money.

a report in the UK last week suggested that the majority of todays university students will be repaying their student loans well into their 60's...!

average cost of a years at university inthe UK now at somewhere between 10 and 15 thousand pounds?!  I'm sooooglad i refused that path when it was offered me. Here I pay about 250€ a year administration fee for N01 Daughter and the rest is free ( I obviously pay board and lodging) adn as a scholarship student she can eat in the University restaurant for 1€ per meal.  

To reply to Grace's original post, we don't do Valentines day gifts either but I used it as an excuse to buy her a bracelet which has "over the MooN" picked out in morse code... 😜

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MooN said:

a report in the UK last week suggested that the majority of todays university students will be repaying their student loans well into their 60's...!

average cost of a years at university inthe UK now at somewhere between 10 and 15 thousand pounds?!  I'm sooooglad i refused that path when it was offered me. Here I pay about 250€ a year administration fee for N01 Daughter and the rest is free ( I obviously pay board and lodging) adn as a scholarship student she can eat in the University restaurant for 1€ per meal.  

To reply to Grace's original post, we don't do Valentines day gifts either but I used it as an excuse to buy her a bracelet which has "over the MooN" picked out in morse code... 😜

Its not as bad as you think Moon. My pair are going through it now the boy is getting a £10,000 per year student loan for the next 3 years he only starts paying back the loan once he starts earning over £27,000 a year if he earned £33,000 his repayments would be £54 a month and there's no interest on the loan, after 30 years it gets written off.  that's why people are paying it for so long because you pay so little on the repayments. I know people who pay more for mobile phone contracts every month

• Like 2

On 27/02/2022 at 19:35, Sir Fallsalot said:

Its not as bad as you think Moon. My pair are going through it now the boy is getting a £10,000 per year student loan for the next 3 years he only starts paying back the loan once he starts earning over £27,000 a year if he earned £33,000 his repayments would be £54 a month and there's no interest on the loan, after 30 years it gets written off.  that's why people are paying it for so long because you pay so little on the repayments. I know people who pay more for mobile phone contracts every month

That actually makes more sense than how it was explained to me last week, sounds like personal bias was getting in the way of factual knowlege. Thanks 👍

My sons course is 5 years long. He gets a 10k loan for his fees and 4K for living expenses so thats 70k of loan for him and at the moment we’re paying about 10k for his living expenses which after rent still puts him on the breadline. 

Plus they have announced the rules are changing from next year, you start paying it back when your earning 25k and the percentage you pay back will increase when you hit 30K. They are also saying they are going to remove the zero interest rate but that’s not yet confirmed. But they are definitely also increasing the time to pay to 40 years. So yeah it’s not quite their whole life cos the retirement age is 76 now.

My youngest starts in September so he should just miss the latest round of bash the younger generation shittery.