Your Ancestry

Slowlycatchymonkey

Moved down to the west country when I was just 3 but born in London from London hippy parents, got called “LONDAAAN” for years n years and my parents believed the ‘carrot crunchers’ thing so I did too. 

If you want my direct ancestry just from my most recent ones youre only looking at Irish, English, Scottish, Welsh, Russian Jew, French and African.. and that’s just what I know for sure. I’m a proper mongrel baby 👍😂

My parents still call them carrot crunchers now 🙄

What about everyone else? You Pete?

• Like 2

Moved into new thread cos this one is quite interesting!

Born and bred in Swansea, with both parents born in Swansea. I lived there till I was 39. Hated the shithole!

My father's parents were from Swansea, and my mother's parents were from North Wales and moved to Swansea before my mother was born.

My paternal grandmother was a Jew and from a Romany family. I inherited the Jewboy nose unfortunately. :classic_unsure:

I've never done a DNA test because odds on there's going to be some English DNA in there somewhere. And I couldn't live with that stigma!

Jew.....Gypsy......I can live with that! But English?

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

What about the rest of you?

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Moved into new thread cos this one is quite interesting!

Born and bred in Swansea, with both parents born in Swansea. I lived there till I was 39. Hated the shithole!

My father's parents were from Swansea, and my mother's parents were from North Wales and moved to Swansea before my mother was born.

My paternal grandmother was a Jew and from a Romany family. I inherited the Jewboy nose unfortunately. :classic_unsure:

I've never done a DNA test because odds on there's going to be some English DNA in there somewhere. And I couldn't live with that stigma!

Jew.....Gypsy......I can live with that! But English?

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

What about the rest of you?

Be a fair bit of Twat in there to ...  you Twat

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Buckster said:

It was Marcel when he finally lost the plot.

Wonder where the hell he is now?

Straitjacket and padded cell is the first thing that comes to mind.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Wonder where the hell he is now?

Straitjacket and padded cell is the first thing that comes to mind.

Probably living in a cave somewhere dressed in sack cloth scaring hikers.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Probably living in a cave somewhere dressed in sack cloth scaring hikers.

I was thinking he was a honkin truck driver saying hold my beer eh? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Born in Gorleston on sea and lived here all my life, as were my parents.
Spoiled the brew with Mandi as she's from chadderton near Manchester so at least the kids won't be boning each other.

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Spoiled the brew with Mandi as she's from chadderton near Manchester

Normally the bloke moves to the woman's area to live......it's the reverse with you though Dave?

Or was she already living in Norfolk?

Born in Hillingdon, but then spent 4 years in Germany, then to Dagenham in time to start school, now the northern part of Essex since 1997.

I think my Mum's family came from the Peckham area originally (like Del Trotter) and my Dad's family are from a fishing/sailing river estuary village near Colchester called Rowhedge. Graveyard is full of Powells. My grandparents on both sides moved into the same road in Dagenham in the late 1920s and that was where my Mum and Dad met as children.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Born in Hillingdon, but then spent 4 years in Germany, then to Dagenham in time to start school, now the northern part of Essex since 1997.

I think my Mum's family came from the Peckham area originally (like Del Trotter) and my Dad's family are from a fishing/sailing river estuary village near Colchester called Rowhedge. Graveyard is full of Powells. My grandparents on both sides moved into the same road in Dagenham in the late 1920s and that was where my Mum and Dad met as children.

You be one of that there them London types 😆

I was born nearby in Northwick Park Hospital.

Was the Germany bit forces related?

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

So where did the Carmarthen connection come in ?

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Was the Germany bit forces related?

Yes, I was thrown out of the RAF when they discovered I was only 5 years old. I think it was the ill fitting uniforms that gave me away (both feet in one boot).

It was my Dad's second session in the RAF Police. He'd done it once as a National Serviceman when he was single and then joined up again a few years after when he was married. He was a dog handler, of course you have to sign a register if you get caught doing that nowadays.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So where did the Carmarthen connection come in ?

That would be the ex girlfriends parents who live in Pwll Trap near St Clears. They moved there from Birmingham during the great drought of 1976. I think the rain in 1977 and then every year after was a bit of a shock. 'Allan the Gas' is knocking 80 now and still plumbing/gas fitting when the mood takes him.

• Like 2

Just now, yen_powell said:

That would be the ex girlfriends parents who live in Pwll Trap near St Clears. They moved there from Birmingham during the great drought of 1976. I think the rain in 1977 and then every year after was a bit of a shock. 'Allan the Gas' is knocking 80 now and still plumbing/gas fitting when the mood takes him.

Curry and Mash anybody?

That cafe used to do brilliant food in the 70's......something obviously went wrong further down the line.