Your Ancestry

Slowlycatchymonkey

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Pete was a bit distressed over the whole incident.

They couldn't seem to grasp that Curry and Mash was not a viable alternative to Curry and Rice!

They're backward fuckers in that town!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Am I to understand you are a fair weather riding sensitive tummied welsh boy?

No.....not sensitive tummied.....but some food combinations just don't go together!

And that's one of them!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Staple carbs is staple carbs.

You'd struggle not to enjoy bread, potatoes, pasta or rice with the majority of the worlds dishes. We all have them, starchy filling bases that make food satisfying. Theyre surprisingly interchangeable.

Ever made a mash potato volcano with your gravy? Thats all curry is- a variable spicy gravy. 

• Like 1

When you let go of preconceptions a lot of the combos work. You have to release preconceived notions. 

I had one just recently. The crisp sandwich. What an awful concept. Until my ham n cheese crisp was masticated (that words specially for you Pete 😆) I could not of understood the joy.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats the shortest family history Ive ever heard!

I was then adopted at the age of 2 months so have no biological history at all, hence the reference to "bloodlines" in my earlier post. I could tell you the history of my adopted family back 3 or 4 generations but is that relevent? ( there's a philosophical question in there somewhere about biological and physiological history and a discussion on whether blood is really thicker than water, and what makes a perseon who they are, but this is probably not the ideal time or place 😂)

• Like 3

18 hours ago, XTreme said:

Normally the bloke moves to the woman's area to live......it's the reverse with you though Dave?

Or was she already living in Norfolk?

Yes, she was booted out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MooN said:

I was then adopted at the age of 2 months so have no biological history at all, hence the reference to "bloodlines" in my earlier post. I could tell you the history of my adopted family back 3 or 4 generations but is that relevent? ( there's a philosophical question in there somewhere about biological and physiological history and a discussion on whether blood is really thicker than water, and what makes a perseon who they are, but this is probably not the ideal time or place 😂)

Think I've mentioned before there's more than one father in our family and my oldest brother has hinted he knows who he is.
Told him more than once that my Dad brought me up.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, MooN said:

I think we know what an accurate description of your biological parents would be. Just shows it is nature over nurture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My mum found out she had a secret sibling somewhere in the UK. She told me she remembers her mum going away on a long holiday at the end of the war, so probably an American soldier was involved. She also found out she had a Greek step brother in Cyprus when her parents wills were sorted out after they died out there a few years ago.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

My mum found out she had a secret sibling somewhere in the UK. She told me she remembers her mum going away on a long holiday at the end of the war, so probably an American soldier was involved.

She never traced them Yen?

7 hours ago, MooN said:

Woah dude. You had to consider your heritage more than most of us ever will and Im sorry to hear that. But this is exactly the place to let rip about the why's n wherefores cos crikey man your ma cudna keep you, thats a proper heartbrake `nd no mistake.

47 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Woah dude. You had to consider your heritage more than most of us ever will and Im sorry to hear that. But this is exactly the place to let rip about the why's n wherefores cos crikey man your ma cudna keep you, thats a proper heartbrake `nd no mistake.

Naah, it's no problem, I grew up just always knowing I was adopted, even before I really knew what that meant. As far as I'm concerned my parents are who raised me.  I was born mid september, count back 9 months and thats Christmas or new year so a pissed up shag at a party is a likely scenario, in 1971 abortions were not easy to come by and a young single girl couldn't raise a child alone and the stigma of if often meant, at the time, that she would have lost the support of her family. I know nothing of the circumstances but I know she didn't abandon me on a doorstep or anthing as her name appears on my birth certificate. I have never had the least inclination to know her name or anythig else except that I have had to get a full unabridged copy of my birth certificate for my French nationality request. This is when I discovered the name of my birth mother. Now I have that information I can ask for my full birth certificate from the General Registry Office in the uk. I have been putting this off because in doing so I have to open the dossier from the adoption agency.  IF my birth mother has made any attempt to contact me or find out what happened to me in the last 50 years, a record of it will be in that dossier. IF she made an official request to be allowed to contact me, a letter from her will be in that dossier.   So, if there is nothing, nothing changes but I will know I was not wanted. If there is a letter or something then I will know more about the why's and wherefore's and the onus will be on me to follow it up... or not. I can't decide which i'd prefer as I have enjoyed living in ignorance all these years.  therin lies my angst, there's no heartbreak or sadness. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2